The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My marriage break up.  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Bobbykins

• Trips: 5-10
My marriage break up.
« on: March 29, 2017, 04:14:57 AM »
I'm now recovered and ready to get back on the horse but:

This is the tragic story about how my marriage to a Ukranian women ended.

I had met my wife in Kiev exactly 20 years ago this year, in springtime on April 1st. There was 20 years age difference between us. I kid you not when I say she was the most beautiful women I have ever seen, a dead ringer for Pamela Anderson, this should have been a red flag. I didn't really know a lot about her but I was so 'loved up' that I just didn't care.

Anyhow we quickly got married in Kiev and I brought her to live in the UK, I was very happy and working my ass off to keep everything going as well as could be, because of the long hours I was working she had plenty of free time to do as she wanted and started seeing a lot of other Ukranian girls.

It was at this point I got a strange feeling that things had changed between us and I became a little suspicious of her behaviour, although I was still totally besotted with my trophy bride. One day I was alone in the house and decided to do some cleaning up, she had a wardrobe in the bedroom that was always messy so I tried to straighten things up. At the back of the wardrobe was an old shoe box that I picked up to throw out, it rattled as I lifted it. I opened the box and inside were some letters, they were recent love letters from other guys she had been meeting behind my back. I just couldn't believe it. Also in the box was £2000 in cash and 3 empty miniature babycham bottles. I was in utter confusion, anger and despair.

I decided that I would have it out with her and find out what had been going on. I placed the box on the coffee table in the lounge and called her to say that I wanted to speak to her urgently and could she come home.
When she arrived she was her usual self but when she saw the box on the coffee table her head dropped. When I asked her to explain about what was in the box she dropped onto the couch and started to cry.

Her crying lasted for about 5 mins until she was able to say, I am sorry, but I have had secret affairs with different men, I was lonely while you worked so much. She continued to sob and then said, 'I felt very guilty about it, everytime I had an affair I would buy a bottle of Babycham to remind me of the infidelity and drink it to take away the pain'.
I said, 'what about the money', where did that come from? She looked at me with deep sadness and said, that was the money I got from the bottle returns.

Sorry about that guys, but the clue was in the date that we met.

Offline Gipsy

Re: My marriage break up.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:53:07 AM »

I had met my wife in Kiev exactly 20 years ago this year, in springtime on April 1st. There was 20 years age difference between us. I kid you not when I say she was the most beautiful women I have ever seen, a dead ringer for Pamela Anderson, this should have been a red flag. I didn't really know a lot about her but I was so 'loved up' that I just didn't care.

Anyhow we quickly got married in Kiev and I brought her to live in the UK, I was very happy and working my ass off to keep everything going as well as could be, because of the long hours I was working she had plenty of free time to do as she wanted and started seeing a lot of other Ukranian girls.

It was at this point I got a strange feeling that things had changed between us and I became a little suspicious of her behaviour, although I was still totally besotted with my trophy bride. One day I was alone in the house and decided to do some cleaning up, she had a wardrobe in the bedroom that was always messy so I tried to straighten things up. At the back of the wardrobe was an old shoe box that I picked up to throw out, it rattled as I lifted it. I opened the box and inside were some letters, they were recent love letters from other guys she had been meeting behind my back. I just couldn't believe it. Also in the box was £2000 in cash and 3 empty miniature babycham bottles. I was in utter confusion, anger and despair.

I decided that I would have it out with her and find out what had been going on. I placed the box on the coffee table in the lounge and called her to say that I wanted to speak to her urgently and could she come home.
When she arrived she was her usual self but when she saw the box on the coffee table her head dropped. When I asked her to explain about what was in the box she dropped onto the couch and started to cry.

Her crying lasted for about 5 mins until she was able to say, I am sorry, but I have had secret affairs with different men, I was lonely while you worked so much. She continued to sob and then said, 'I felt very guilty about it, everytime I had an affair I would buy a bottle of Babycham to remind me of the infidelity and drink it to take away the pain'.
I said, 'what about the money', where did that come from? She looked at me with deep sadness and said, that was the money I got from the bottle returns.

Sorry about that guys, but the clue was in the date that we met.

Damn, she told me that she would treasure the empty Babycham bottle forever.... :'(
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:01:20 AM »

Damn, she told me that she would treasure the empty Babycham bottle forever.... :'(

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:09 AM »

I had met my wife in Kiev exactly 20 years ago this year, in springtime on April 1st. There was 20 years age difference between us. I kid you not when I say she was the most beautiful women I have ever seen, a dead ringer for Pamela Anderson,

How sad... :snivel:

I think i saw the heartbreaking movie which was filmed on the base of your memoir...

Douglas Adams

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »
2000 pounds of bottle returns!!! ???

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 10:27:13 AM »
2000 pounds of bottle returns!!! ???

It's a satire, Jerash ;) Well written one at that  ;D

But, yes

Deposit Values & Accepted Beverage Containers
Receipt Code                   Refund Amount              Item Description
Non Refillable Beer Over 1L= $0.20              All import beer bottles that are over 1 Litre.
Glass Wine & Spirits Up To 1L = $0.10    Glass Wine and Spirits Alcoholic glass containers up to and including 1L

She (the character from the story) was in a lot of pain  ;D
Douglas Adams

Registration