The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5425 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Newbie
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2017, 08:13:40 AM »
Welcome to RUA

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious.

Hi,
Just got back from Kiev, things sure seem to have changed, Is it still possible to meet a good looking woman????

Sorry you are too late they are held in special detention centers in Eastern Ukraine.

If you think driving around middle Ukraine is going to land you a plumper (middle aged chicken) than you might be disappointed. I have been in Kiev from before the Orange Revolution. The reality has changed in regard to relations.

Women are tougher and smarter across the country side of Ukraine.

Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »
The last time I visited Ukraine WAS 2000, every women I spoke to was interested, I was having to fight them off.

Much has changed since then.

I'm now late fifties looking for 30-40.
I would like to ask the forum especially those with upto date experience whether my ambitions are realistic.

30 year old women in the FSU have not generally entertained (unless you pay them) blokes of your age for a decade at least. Your ambitions are not in the least realistic unless you are rolling in money and willing to spend a lot of it.

Wandering around accosting decades younger women in the street in villages seems bizarre.

Websites exist that feature women allegedly looking for this.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:01 AM »
Bob,

The heady days of the late nineties and early noughties are over.  I was mid forties back then and married a woman 20 years my junior.  It was possible then.  It simply isn't now.  Those days are gone...

Marrying a much younger woman usually means babies, are you ready to be a father in your sixties?  Think very carefully about that because children are NOT about you.  You have to provide for them...

If I was you I would look for a woman in her forties,  kids grown, who still looks after herself.  That is a realistic prospect and one that could last for both of you.

My wife came from Vinnitsa and I know the town VERY well.  You drew a blank there.  Learn from that and stop looking for rocking horse turds !  There are good looking middle aged women there who could be interested in you.  The youngsters will just help you spend your money...

I doubt you will listen to this advice.  Guys only listen to stuff they want to hear.  The truth when it runs counter to aspirations is usually discounted.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
Bob,

The heady days of the late nineties and early noughties are over.  I was mid forties back then and married a woman 20 years my junior.  It was possible then.  It simply isn't now.  Those days are gone...

Leslied, to a 20y old, a man of 45 is interesting, attractive and experienced. (Speaking from my own experience.) They still have all the time in the world to make babies. Especially when the guy is a classy gentleman of your league.

When she's initially 30y old and the guy is 60, more so if he is average and rather tight-fisted at that - he's just that to her, a tight-fisted old man, probably too old to be a father. Who wants that for themselves, their daughter, their sister,  cousin or friend? Right, no one.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Newbie needs to be realistic
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 01:48:02 PM »
P., you are becoming my favorite poster!  ;D

You're only human  ;D

OP needs a miracle... Those happen. But i think Lourdes is way more viable for that than Kiev/ Kiev  ;D

I think that if a guy moved to Kiev, spent a couple of years there, met real
girls, maybe taught conversational or business English and totally stayed
away from the industry he would have a decent chance. However there
are so many industry girls, perils, pitfalls and entanglements which
combined with unrealistic expectations can easily lead to doom,
despair and heartache.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
Bob,

Leslied, to a 20y old, a man of 45 is interesting, attractive and experienced. (Speaking from my own experience.) They still have all the time in the world to make babies. Especially when the guy is a classy gentleman of your league.

When she's initially 30y old and the guy is 60, more so if he is average and rather tight-fisted at that - he's just that to her, a tight-fisted old man, probably too old to be a father. Who wants that for themselves, their daughter, their sister,  cousin or friend? Right, no one.

The OP claims to be "well heeled" however I've known a few wealthy people who are tight as a drum and miserable. Not saying that is the case about Bobbykins as we don't know.

However I agree with others if he would look to date a woman closer to 50 he might find a good one.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
What is disappointing we can point out the obvious from those with expierence. And the OP's will not listen or fail to understand. I have noted before there are a number of ways to execute this endeavour, but many more ways to screw it up.

We stand about and listen to friends of friends tell about there own former Soviet Union  :trainwreck: or sense there abrupt departure because the opinions shared did not meet there perceived reality.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2017, 03:21:28 AM »
If one has all one needs to be attractive, and remain attractive to, a much younger woman then changing countries is not necessary.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Bobbykins

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2017, 09:39:32 AM »
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your input, the post from Leslied confirmed what I already suspected, that the ship has sailed. My memories of the FSU 17 years ago encouraged me to think that it may be the same. 96-2001 were heady days, I had some of the best experiences a man could get. On my recent trip I noticed that although there was still poverty the psyche of people has changed, no longer are they beguiled when you speak to them. Their 'retail therapy' desires have all been fulfilled, the big brands are there, Novus supermarkets are as good as anything in UK. The intrigue has been lifted, they are emancipated.

The one consolation is that everything is very inexpensive for westeners and you can live very well in Kiev and I have no doubt that with time, money and good fortune one would attract a desirable woman. However I like the odds in my favour and whether I will invest so much time and emotion into it, I still have to decide. BUT ANYWAY, I HAVE BEEN WARNED, thank you.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »
Gentlemen,
Thank you for your input, the post from Leslied confirmed what I already suspected, that the ship has sailed. My memories of the FSU 17 years ago encouraged me to think that it may be the same. 96-2001 were heady days, I had some of the best experiences a man could get. On my recent trip I noticed that although there was still poverty the psyche of people has changed, no longer are they beguiled when you speak to them. Their 'retail therapy' desires have all been fulfilled, the big brands are there, Novus supermarkets are as good as anything in UK. The intrigue has been lifted, they are emancipated.

The one consolation is that everything is very inexpensive for westeners and you can live very well in Kiev and I have no doubt that with time, money and good fortune one would attract a desirable woman. However I like the odds in my favour and whether I will invest so much time and emotion into it, I still have to decide. BUT ANYWAY, I HAVE BEEN WARNED, thank you.

It's good that you realize times may have changed. That may be a good thing because instead of getting a gal who only wanted to date you for your passport you get a gal who really likes and cares for you.

I did a search at the loveme website (the bar of attractive ladies on the right side) and searched for ladies aged 44 to 51 in Ukraine. There were some very attractive ladies in that age group and you'd be foolish not to at least go and meet a few. They being on that site want to meet foreigners so you aren't just walking around town blindly hoping to bump into someone. I found 171005 to be very attractive.   http://www.loveme.com/women/search.htm

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2017, 10:39:32 AM »
Gentlemen,

Bobbykins, i like your attitude. I love our guys (i am female, so don't get this part wrong  :innocent:), but we normally send newbies away screaming and throwing insults at us. Consider that you have passed baptism by fire. You don't lose it easily, you seem to have strong personality and ladies tend to like that.  ;D In my life, i attained most of the things others said were not possible. If i was you, i'd try. Really, you seem to be smart, you won't get fooled by the industry. Take the advise the guys gave you and look for 35-37 y old with a kid. I personally wish you luck. From your posts, i changed my mind and am now on your side.  :party0011:
Douglas Adams

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »
Gentlemen,

Bobbykins, i like your attitude. I love our guys (i am female, so don't get this part wrong  :innocent:), but we normally send newbies away screaming and throwing insults at us. Consider that you have passed baptism by fire. You don't lose it easily, you seem to have strong personality and ladies tend to like that.  ;D In my life, i attained most of the things others said were not possible. If i was you, i'd try. Really, you seem to be smart, you won't get fooled by the industry. Take the advise the guys gave you and look for 35-37 y old with a kid. I personally wish you luck. From your posts, i changed my mind and am now on your side.  :party0011:

OMG! I found a 37 year old Ivanka Trump look-alike. 169566.  :-*

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »

She's pretty to me. In case she's of Ivanka's and mine denomination, say farewell to your prepuce    :innocent:
Douglas Adams

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »

She's pretty to me. In case she's of Ivanka's and mine denomination, say farewell to your prepuce    :innocent:

What?? I don't get what you mean by that...

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »

The covenant of circumcision. If you or OP are to intermarry. You'd need to convert for Ivanka, or for this lady, if is she happens to be Jewish (and is from traditional background ;)
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 12:26:34 PM »
Adult circumcision HURTS!

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
your prepuce    :innocent:

83% of American men my age are circumcised, it's only 77% of the current
generation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/circumcision-rates-declining-health-risks-rising-study-says/

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »
Adult circumcision HURTS!

That's what they say... :innocent: It's believed Abraham was 90 when he did it (Genesis 17:24,26)

If even this doesn't make the OP change his mind - he does deserve all the luck of this world!  :party0011: :party0011: :party0011:
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »
One day, I trust that Americans will have the same enlightened attitude to male genital mutilation as they currently do to female genital mutilation.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »
your prepuce    :innocent:

83% of American men my age are circumcised, it's only 77% of the current
generation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/circumcision-rates-declining-health-risks-rising-study-says/

Yes, i know 40+ are mostly circumcised. (My information is from newspapers only, of course  :innocent: )
Douglas Adams

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »

The covenant of circumcision. If you or OP are to intermarry. You'd need to convert for Ivanka, or for this lady, if is she happens to be Jewish (and is from traditional background ;)

The profile of the lady I mentioned says Christian. Ivanka Trump was raised Christian (Protestant) but converted for Jared Kushner. I'll be quiet about my opinion about that. Most American men are circumcised regardless of if they are Christian or Jewish although the procedures are done differently.  :biggrin:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
I'll be quiet about my opinion about that.

Good for you!  ;D

Most American men are circumcised regardless of if they are Christian or Jewish although the procedures are done differently.  :biggrin:

Good for them!  ;D

Nota bene: This topic should be taken as being for entertainment purposes exclusively. It is not meant to stir inter-denominational tension and is brought to you with best intentions  :KISSSS:
Douglas Adams

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
This tickled me, actor Patrick Stewart (from Mirfield, near Huddersfield!) thought he was circumcised (unusual in UK unless Jewish or Muslim), and, well...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2017, 03:09:46 PM »

Good for you!  ;D

Most American men are circumcised regardless of if they are Christian or Jewish although the procedures are done differently.  :biggrin:

Good for them!  ;D

Nota bene: This topic should be taken as being for entertainment purposes exclusively. It is not meant to stir inter-denominational tension and is brought to you with best intentions  :KISSSS:

NB: No doubt. And no doubt you have the best chance of enjoying the company of an American man the most.  :laugh:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2017, 03:18:39 PM »
This tickled me, actor Patrick Stewart (from Mirfield, near Huddersfield!) thought he was circumcised (unusual in UK unless Jewish or Muslim), and, well...

"You gotta change your facebook status!!! "  :ROFL:

Good for you!  ;D

Good for them!  ;D

NB: No doubt. And no doubt you have the best chance of enjoying the company of an American man the most.  :laugh:

;D ;D ;D
Douglas Adams