The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Bobbykins

• Trips: 5-10
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:38:37 AM »
Hi,
Just got back from Kiev, things sure seem to have changed, Is it still possible to meet a good looking woman????

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:12:16 AM »
Hi,
Just got back from Kiev, things sure seem to have changed, Is it still possible to meet a good looking woman????

No unfortunately not any more. Its impossible to turn up any where in Eastern Europe , wave your passport about and pick up a young beauty.. Of course if your young attend the gym every day and try to look like Tarzan you can still do it, but just for the night. but usually the women will be some dumb ass wench wanting a few drinks.
Its still pretty easy to find a normal good looking women 35/38+ but most guys don't want old babushkas like that :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:33:18 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to RUA, Bobbykins! Not sure about meeting women in Kiev/ Kiyv, but on forum you'll meet many good looking men, who are guilty that there are ever less good looking women in the FSU, because they already married them ;)

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:29:42 AM »
Hi,
Focus less on the good looking and you might find a good woman.

Welcome Noob.
Why did you go to Kiev?

Offline Bobbykins

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:20 AM »
 The last time I visited Ukraine WAS 2000, every women I spoke to was interested, I was having to fight them off.
This trip I thought I would have a tour round of the smaller towns, so I rented a car and visited Zytomyr and Vinnitsia, a real hotbed of nothing. I did some 'street approaches' with very little success apart from one girl who said she would meet me after work but didn't turn up. I ended up in Kiev, which was better but I still got the distinct feeling that this was going to be a difficult ask and a real emotional roller coaster.
This trip was supposed to be a recce for me to go and live in Ukraine, full time until I had met someone I was sure of. I recently had a dabble on Mamba to test the water and to my surprise drew absolutely zilch!.I'm now late fifties looking for 30-40.
I would like to ask the forum especially those with upto date experience whether my ambitions are realistic.

Offline yankee

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »
The last time I visited Ukraine WAS 2000, every women I spoke to was interested, I was having to fight them off.
This trip I thought I would have a tour round of the smaller towns, so I rented a car and visited Zytomyr and Vinnitsia, a real hotbed of nothing. I did some 'street approaches' with very little success apart from one girl who said she would meet me after work but didn't turn up. I ended up in Kiev, which was better but I still got the distinct feeling that this was going to be a difficult ask and a real emotional roller coaster.
This trip was supposed to be a recce for me to go and live in Ukraine, full time until I had met someone I was sure of. I recently had a dabble on Mamba to test the water and to my surprise drew absolutely zilch!.I'm now late fifties looking for 30-40.
I would like to ask the forum especially those with upto date experience whether my ambitions are realistic.

I suggest you look for someone in their 50's

What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Bobbykins

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:49 AM »
If I wanted a woman in her fifties I'd look in my local town, tons of them. Come on man be serious. I'm retired, well healed, fit and charming I don't want to listen to a woman going through the menopause. Bob.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 06:58:41 AM »
If I wanted a woman in her fifties I'd look in my local town, tons of them. Come on man be serious. I'm retired, well healed, fit and charming I don't want to listen to a woman going through the menopause. Bob.
How does a woman going through the menopause sound?  :rolleye0009:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »
So, although you are MUCH older, with all that entails, you still look for somebody the same kind of age as you did before. It didn't work out so well for you before, so why do you think a much older you with all that entails in your near future (and present) is going to succeed where you previously failed?

Speaking as one with 'experience' I can tell you that your expectations are unrealistic.

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy but pretty well off to offer the kind of package that will entice an attractive (genuinely attractive) younger woman to leave her life for an uncertain future with a man who, in her experience, is soon going to be aged, infirm and soon afterward dead.

You'd probably have more success, short term at least, with younger women who have not yet settled into a life, career, family. But then, it is hard, unless you are very wealthy, as an American, to manage the practicalities of such a setup.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:03 AM »
So, although you are MUCH older, with all that entails, you still look for somebody the same kind of age as you did before. It didn't work out so well for you before, so why do you think a much older you with all that entails in your near future (and present) is going to succeed where you previously failed?

Speaking as one with 'experience' I can tell you that your expectations are unrealistic.

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy but pretty well off to offer the kind of package that will entice an attractive (genuinely attractive) younger woman to leave her life for an uncertain future with a man who, in her experience, is soon going to be aged, infirm and soon afterward dead.

You'd probably have more success, short term at least, with younger women who have not yet settled into a life, career, family. But then, it is hard, unless you are very wealthy, as an American, to manage the practicalities of such a setup.

I take that to mean that he has plenty of money.... :money: :whist11:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »
So did I, but I also took it to mean that he can't spell. :)

I also think that if he were well enough off to attain his desires then he'd not have the problems he seems to have.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
I think you should increase your agegroup as well.

I'd go for 45+ minimum. And if you don't want to listen to women going through menopause, how about finding someone 60+.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Bobbykins

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »
Apologies, of course I mean 'well-heeled' (it was quite amusing that Andrew thought it was an illness cure!!). I can live in Ukraine as well as having houses in UK and Spain.
The problem as I see it is, where and how is the best way of meeting a suitable woman. I've given it a great deal of thought and I don't wish to attract gold-diggers. My master plan was to reside in Kiev which seems to me, the cheapest place on earth to live, and date as often as possible. In the past, what I would do, was to meet an English speaking 'smart' young woman and get her to help me find suitable dates. I'm even having trouble finding this type of girl, all they want is to talk on smart phones!!!

If anybody on this forum is living in Kiev and could give me the low-down on the current position I'd be more than appreciative. Bob.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »

Welcome

OK, if you are hoping to BREED - you have a point - if you are hoping to improve your chances of a lasting relationship ....

Plenty of hot lasses in their forties - if you are patient - Many ladies are disillusioned with the whole dating scene ....

My good lady says ( in her opinion )  Mamba is now synonymous with guys watching sex - not a relationship.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »
Apologies, of course I mean 'well-heeled' (it was quite amusing that Andrew thought it was an illness cure!!). I can live in Ukraine as well as having houses in UK and Spain.
The problem as I see it is, where and how is the best way of meeting a suitable woman. I've given it a great deal of thought and I don't wish to attract gold-diggers. My master plan was to reside in Kiev which seems to me, the cheapest place on earth to live, and date as often as possible. In the past, what I would do, was to meet an English speaking 'smart' young woman and get her to help me find suitable dates. I'm even having trouble finding this type of girl, all they want is to talk on smart phones!!!

If anybody on this forum is living in Kiev and could give me the low-down on the current position I'd be more than appreciative. Bob.

Some of the guys replying in the thread are in fact married to ladies from Kiev/ Kiev and go there often.
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »
I think that I need a REALLY BIG signpost to help some of our colonial cousins.

It seemed to me that I was being obvious from the way I wrote.

However, setting on a bird dog to hunt for tough prey is rather akin to working with a pimp. I am sure that, in the right circumstances, it can help but I'd warrant that, on the whole, it turns up the same kind of outcomes as using a pimp.

Networking is good, networking works. Networking is based upon trust.

The chances are that any lack of interest that one might discern is based upon, well, a lack of interest. Look at it from the perspective of your prey. What do they see? An aging sex tourist, flailing around out of his depth. What benefit do you think you offer to the targets you seek? What do you offer that makes their lives better: more secure, more fun, more wealthy, more interesting than what they have?

Chances are that for the women you seek that you offer very little, even in the social and economic situation in which Ukraine finds itself today. I'd bet that, if you were actually in Ukraine, you'd find Mamba.ru to be much more useful to you but from afar, not present, not real? You got nothing.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Douglas Adams

Offline Bobbykins

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 10:28:22 AM »
Andrew, firstly thank you for your input, especially about Mamba. So you are suggesting that if I were in country, I would do better?
Secondly, I'm not a colonial cousin, I am as British as the union jack you have on your profile. Bob.

It seemed to me that I was being obvious from the way I wrote.

However, setting on a bird dog to hunt for tough prey is rather akin to working with a pimp. I am sure that, in the right circumstances, it can help but I'd warrant that, on the whole, it turns up the same kind of outcomes as using a pimp.

Networking is good, networking works. Networking is based upon trust.

The chances are that any lack of interest that one might discern is based upon, well, a lack of interest. Look at it from the perspective of your prey. What do they see? An aging sex tourist, flailing around out of his depth. What benefit do you think you offer to the targets you seek? What do you offer that makes their lives better: more secure, more fun, more wealthy, more interesting than what they have?

Chances are that for the women you seek that you offer very little, even in the social and economic situation in which Ukraine finds itself today. I'd bet that, if you were actually in Ukraine, you'd find Mamba.ru to be much more useful to you but from afar, not present, not real? You got nothing.
[/quote]

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
Newbie needs to be realistic
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »

I think you are pushing the expectations envelope too far and the city of Kiev
has an entire industry designed to help separate Western men from their money.
So finding a woman who is ok with the age gap you are pursuing isn't likely to
be sincere.

My advice is to eliminate Kiev, Odessa and Nikolayev from your search criteria.
Take your age, then subtract 15 and that's about the limit of a realistic age gap.
You might be able to find a sincere girl who is younger but will you absolutely
run across insincere girls who are younger.

Let's say you are 56, then you could look in the 41 age category. There are
women who still look hot when they age. Heidi Klum is 43 and still turns heads.

NOTE: don't hunt for a sincere girl on Loveme. I just searched there because
they have a link on this page. (If my wife caught me, I would be hanging from
my thumbs getting the fire hose treatment)

Heidi Klum age 43
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 06:25:46 PM »

Hey Bobbykins, welcome to the forum.  tiphat

I usually just read a bunch of threads w/out even asking questions, because as you can see some are snarky. But overall it's a fun place. Wish you good luck.

here's a very attractive lady, almost 50.

http://loveme.com/mp/info36.htm

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 12:17:29 AM »
Looks nice but just imagine the noises she's going to make. Perhaps worth asking her if she has passed menopause and is noise free?

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
Re: Newbie needs to be realistic
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 12:25:12 AM »
the city of Kiev has an entire industry designed to help separate Western men from their money

P., you are becoming my favorite poster!  ;D

OP needs a miracle... Those happen. But i think Lourdes is way more viable for that than Kiev/ Kiev  ;D
Douglas Adams

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 01:59:22 AM »

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who noticed that :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 02:50:00 AM »

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy

You see, you're Canadian. Canada is not USA!  :hidechair:

I'm glad I'm not going here only one who noticed that :)

Mamba is used by people arranging meetings. You can not meet anyone. Thus no interest. Of course an old guy has a limited audience, especially when seeking an intergenerational relationship.

Use the site right and it will work right.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 03:15:00 AM »
Looks nice but just imagine the noises she's going to make. Perhaps worth asking her if she has passed menopause and is noise free?

:ROFL:

Registration