The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1217 times)

Online Bobbykins

• Trips: 5-10
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:38:37 AM »
Hi,
Just got back from Kiev, things sure seem to have changed, Is it still possible to meet a good looking woman????

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:12:16 AM »
Hi,
Just got back from Kiev, things sure seem to have changed, Is it still possible to meet a good looking woman????

No unfortunately not any more. Its impossible to turn up any where in Eastern Europe , wave your passport about and pick up a young beauty.. Of course if your young attend the gym every day and try to look like Tarzan you can still do it, but just for the night. but usually the women will be some dumb ass wench wanting a few drinks.
Its still pretty easy to find a normal good looking women 35/38+ but most guys don't want old babushkas like that :laugh:

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:33:18 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to RUA, Bobbykins! Not sure about meeting women in Kiev/ Kiyv, but on forum you'll meet many good looking men, who are guilty that there are ever less good looking women in the FSU, because they already married them ;)

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:29:42 AM »
Hi,
Focus less on the good looking and you might find a good woman.

Welcome Noob.
Why did you go to Kiev?
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Online Bobbykins

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:20 AM »
 The last time I visited Ukraine WAS 2000, every women I spoke to was interested, I was having to fight them off.
This trip I thought I would have a tour round of the smaller towns, so I rented a car and visited Zytomyr and Vinnitsia, a real hotbed of nothing. I did some 'street approaches' with very little success apart from one girl who said she would meet me after work but didn't turn up. I ended up in Kiev, which was better but I still got the distinct feeling that this was going to be a difficult ask and a real emotional roller coaster.
This trip was supposed to be a recce for me to go and live in Ukraine, full time until I had met someone I was sure of. I recently had a dabble on Mamba to test the water and to my surprise drew absolutely zilch!.I'm now late fifties looking for 30-40.
I would like to ask the forum especially those with upto date experience whether my ambitions are realistic.

Online yankee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 04:53:17 AM »
The last time I visited Ukraine WAS 2000, every women I spoke to was interested, I was having to fight them off.
This trip I thought I would have a tour round of the smaller towns, so I rented a car and visited Zytomyr and Vinnitsia, a real hotbed of nothing. I did some 'street approaches' with very little success apart from one girl who said she would meet me after work but didn't turn up. I ended up in Kiev, which was better but I still got the distinct feeling that this was going to be a difficult ask and a real emotional roller coaster.
This trip was supposed to be a recce for me to go and live in Ukraine, full time until I had met someone I was sure of. I recently had a dabble on Mamba to test the water and to my surprise drew absolutely zilch!.I'm now late fifties looking for 30-40.
I would like to ask the forum especially those with upto date experience whether my ambitions are realistic.

I suggest you look for someone in their 50's

What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Bobbykins

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:49 AM »
If I wanted a woman in her fifties I'd look in my local town, tons of them. Come on man be serious. I'm retired, well healed, fit and charming I don't want to listen to a woman going through the menopause. Bob.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 06:58:41 AM »
If I wanted a woman in her fifties I'd look in my local town, tons of them. Come on man be serious. I'm retired, well healed, fit and charming I don't want to listen to a woman going through the menopause. Bob.
How does a woman going through the menopause sound?  :rolleye0009:
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »
So, although you are MUCH older, with all that entails, you still look for somebody the same kind of age as you did before. It didn't work out so well for you before, so why do you think a much older you with all that entails in your near future (and present) is going to succeed where you previously failed?

Speaking as one with 'experience' I can tell you that your expectations are unrealistic.

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy but pretty well off to offer the kind of package that will entice an attractive (genuinely attractive) younger woman to leave her life for an uncertain future with a man who, in her experience, is soon going to be aged, infirm and soon afterward dead.

You'd probably have more success, short term at least, with younger women who have not yet settled into a life, career, family. But then, it is hard, unless you are very wealthy, as an American, to manage the practicalities of such a setup.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:03 AM »
So, although you are MUCH older, with all that entails, you still look for somebody the same kind of age as you did before. It didn't work out so well for you before, so why do you think a much older you with all that entails in your near future (and present) is going to succeed where you previously failed?

Speaking as one with 'experience' I can tell you that your expectations are unrealistic.

Whilst whatever injury you had is now, as you put it, reasonably well healed, you need to be not just fit and healthy but pretty well off to offer the kind of package that will entice an attractive (genuinely attractive) younger woman to leave her life for an uncertain future with a man who, in her experience, is soon going to be aged, infirm and soon afterward dead.

You'd probably have more success, short term at least, with younger women who have not yet settled into a life, career, family. But then, it is hard, unless you are very wealthy, as an American, to manage the practicalities of such a setup.

I take that to mean that he has plenty of money.... :money: :whist11:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »
So did I, but I also took it to mean that he can't spell. :)

I also think that if he were well enough off to attain his desires then he'd not have the problems he seems to have.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 08:03:19 AM »
I think you should increase your agegroup as well.

I'd go for 45+ minimum. And if you don't want to listen to women going through menopause, how about finding someone 60+.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Bobbykins

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »
Apologies, of course I mean 'well-heeled' (it was quite amusing that Andrew thought it was an illness cure!!). I can live in Ukraine as well as having houses in UK and Spain.
The problem as I see it is, where and how is the best way of meeting a suitable woman. I've given it a great deal of thought and I don't wish to attract gold-diggers. My master plan was to reside in Kiev which seems to me, the cheapest place on earth to live, and date as often as possible. In the past, what I would do, was to meet an English speaking 'smart' young woman and get her to help me find suitable dates. I'm even having trouble finding this type of girl, all they want is to talk on smart phones!!!

If anybody on this forum is living in Kiev and could give me the low-down on the current position I'd be more than appreciative. Bob.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »

Welcome

OK, if you are hoping to BREED - you have a point - if you are hoping to improve your chances of a lasting relationship ....

Plenty of hot lasses in their forties - if you are patient - Many ladies are disillusioned with the whole dating scene ....

My good lady says ( in her opinion )  Mamba is now synonymous with guys watching sex - not a relationship.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 09:21:44 AM »
Apologies, of course I mean 'well-heeled' (it was quite amusing that Andrew thought it was an illness cure!!). I can live in Ukraine as well as having houses in UK and Spain.
The problem as I see it is, where and how is the best way of meeting a suitable woman. I've given it a great deal of thought and I don't wish to attract gold-diggers. My master plan was to reside in Kiev which seems to me, the cheapest place on earth to live, and date as often as possible. In the past, what I would do, was to meet an English speaking 'smart' young woman and get her to help me find suitable dates. I'm even having trouble finding this type of girl, all they want is to talk on smart phones!!!

If anybody on this forum is living in Kiev and could give me the low-down on the current position I'd be more than appreciative. Bob.

Some of the guys replying in the thread are in fact married to ladies from Kiev/ Kyiv and go there often.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams