The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Eurovision Contest 2017 - Kiev  (Read 832 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Eurovision Contest 2017 - Kiev
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:20:36 AM »
It appears the Ukrainians have barred the Russian lady who is their entrant for the contest from entering - as she has been to Crimea and not entered Crimea via Ukraine.

Whilst I understand the acute sensitivity of this matter, I wonder if the UA authorities may have made a mistake ?

Yulia Samoylova is wheel-chair bound and is headline news in Russia - 'Evil Ukrainians'  - of course ..

Sometimes it is better to bite on on it ..Ukraine won, last year - with a song that sailed close - if not over the non-political rules of the competition.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/ukraine-russia-eurovision-ban-song-contest-putin-war-latest-a7643351.html

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic