The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is it about privacy or something else?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Bones

• Trips: 10-20
Is it about privacy or something else?
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:47:57 AM »
I certainly need a woman’s’ point of view on my situation. I’m confused. I’ve been communicating with a lady from Kyiv for a long while and during this time we’ve been unable to coordinate a time for meeting. Probably due to the fact she is a doctor-Immunologist and very busy. Calls must be prearranged. I’ve no problem with going to Kyiv. During this time I’ve also learned to be careful in regards to her privacy – she’s very careful. She writes nearly every day but says little and it is an effort to engage in deeper conversation. What little she says lets me know she is interested but…   She loves that I send flowers and gifts (with photo). (1) Anyway my question is in regards to her business trips. She tells me when she is going and will write when she returns – which lasts several weeks and I never know how long it will be. Then after I give up and move on she returns and writes me. During this time she is absent from the dating site. (2) I wonder why she cannot write during her business trips and if I should call her during her business trips? (3) Should I continue to respect her boundaries by not calling her during this time? I’m very interested in her and her fine qualities but things are moving along like that of a glacier. Tentatively we spoke of meeting this May. (4) I wonder if I am being tested. It’s either respect her privacy or get more assertive and risk alienating her. Otherwise I’m patient and I suppose I could wait while pursuing other possibilities – which I have been.
If you seek to be offended by everyone you meet, then you'll succeed.

Online Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
Re: Is it about privacy or something else?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:11:24 AM »
I certainly need a woman’s’ point of view on my situation. I’m confused. I’ve been communicating with a lady from Kyiv for a long while and during this time we’ve been unable to coordinate a time for meeting. Probably due to the fact she is a doctor-Immunologist and very busy. Calls must be prearranged. I’ve no problem with going to Kyiv. During this time I’ve also learned to be careful in regards to her privacy – she’s very careful. She writes nearly every day but says little and it is an effort to engage in deeper conversation. What little she says lets me know she is interested but…   She loves that I send flowers and gifts (with photo). (1) Anyway my question is in regards to her business trips. She tells me when she is going and will write when she returns – which lasts several weeks and I never know how long it will be. Then after I give up and move on she returns and writes me. During this time she is absent from the dating site. (2) I wonder why she cannot write during her business trips and if I should call her during her business trips? (3) Should I continue to respect her boundaries by not calling her during this time? I’m very interested in her and her fine qualities but things are moving along like that of a glacier. Tentatively we spoke of meeting this May. (4) I wonder if I am being tested. It’s either respect her privacy or get more assertive and risk alienating her. Otherwise I’m patient and I suppose I could wait while pursuing other possibilities – which I have been.

Hi Bones

There aren't many females around and myself i haven't posted in a while, but i'll try my best. If you were my real life friend, or my cousin, i'd tell you: hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Of course it could be that she is working on some gvmnt funded/ top secret projects. It could be there's no internet where she is (during trips). All of that could be, but chances are small. It could also be that agency is making money on those flowers and gifts. Maybe it's not even her writing those letters (worst case scenario.) BEFORE meeting in real life, being you, i wouldn't  invest into this "relationship", neither morally nor materially.
What is art but a way of seeing?
Saul Bellow

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 02:11:13 AM »
The lady's right. You are being lied to. You do not need a woman to tell you this; you already know the score.

Ukraine is devolving into a shit hole but mobile telephone and Internet still functions. There's no practical reason why communication is impossible. Yes you are being ripped off in respect of the tributes that you send but the thing is communication, or it's lack.

Real or not, the behaviour of your interlocutor is not that of one who shares your goals.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
The lady's right.

:offtopic:

Hey Andy!

Looking good! Like an emperor in that chair!  :KISSSS:
What is art but a way of seeing?
Saul Bellow

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 04:58:50 AM »
Yeah, the kindly but powerful God Emperor. ;)
The trouble to find a seat that diminished my frame you'd not believe.

But yes,  there's less of me than a year ago.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:18:13 AM »
She probably works split shifts 1 week on a dating site 3 weeks on a hooker site.. :laugh:

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 07:02:16 AM »
She probably works split shifts 1 week on a dating site 3 weeks on a hooker site.. :laugh:

This one.  :laugh:

Online Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »
Is the conversation going through an agency site or direct by Skype?

Are the flower/gifts done by a 3rd party that the agency has no influence on?

This means a lot on how well you are connected with this girl. If its the agency that handles all for you it looks like the other replies here is the case really.

The deeper you want to go the more direct you will have to be!

You need her Skype details ASAP, phone and email, social media VK,FB etc. or whatever direct method she prefers.

Few agency sites do give the chance for a web cam call and chances are your girl are among the selection there too. That is one way to get Skype details.

The other is her VK page as some girls do list it on their profile.

The 3rd is asking for it through your current ways of contact. Though an agency might delete such information.

Offline Bones

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
To add, I dealt with a 3rd party for flowers and photo - not the agency. I should have mentioned that we’ve been in contact for a year and we missed our connection in Kyiv due to my getting very ill so we only spoke on phone while I was in Kyiv.
I have her phone number, just wondering if I should call during her trips. I trust the agency because I got other emails and phone numbers that way too from other girls. The agency also reveals when a member has been online or not. She hasn't. I’ll just call her and see what happens. But yes I feel now that she may be canceling something about her trips and not calling.

Offline Confederate

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »
To add, I dealt with a 3rd party for flowers and photo - not the agency. I should have mentioned that we’ve been in contact for a year and we missed our connection in Kyiv due to my getting very ill so we only spoke on phone while I was in Kyiv.
I have her phone number, just wondering if I should call during her trips. I trust the agency because I got other emails and phone numbers that way too from other girls. The agency also reveals when a member has been online or not. She hasn't. I’ll just call her and see what happens. But yes I feel now that she may be canceling something about her trips and not calling.

1. Cut out any and all agencies -- complete waste of your $$ and the woman probably does not know you even exist (her photos can be stolen and used by male translator named Boris)
2.  One year? Absurd. If you are not on an airplane withing 6 weeks you've lost her interest.

I still cannot believe that men can be so foolish! Pay attention to what Steveboy wrote. He owns an agency and although he was joking, sadly not so much.

Offline Bones

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 01:27:51 PM »
Thanks all. Yes, she knows I exist. I had hoped I had made myself clear so I'll repeat - I believe I wrote in my earlier post that I have her number and we have talked. I dealt with her thru 3rd parties and got many photos of her this way. Also the agency does not have any part in our emails, yes I wrote that I have already been to Kyiv to meet her but I became seriously ill while I was there & so I could only speak with her on the phone. Also I have good friends there & have been to Kyiv many times in the past so I have no trouble going there - it is a matter of coordinating a time with her job. We separated for awhile and began again. 'Confederate' please understand that I am not a newbie, I have traveled extensively through the years, probably more than most here. I have a good understanding of agencies already. My only concern is trying to understand the mind & thinking of women of the FSU and the mystery of her business trips. Hooker jokes are funny but doesn't help.

Online Mr strange

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 01:31:47 PM »
I agree with Confederate on his number one 1 reason here.

Though number 2 is more about the honesty of the girl and her interest in you.

If she is busy and travel is part of she can't find time to date locally which if you do the job of being the man well enough upfront she can wait for a long time for her man.

You can call if she understand your English well enough or you speak/understand Russian well enough. With the costs of calling from the former FSU she properly never will call unless you pay her for the cost.

But tell her you want to be more focused and need a more direct approach for communication as she is the only girl you are currently interested in 100%.

Online Mr strange

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »

Well it seems like as I am in the same kind of situation but further that its hard for her to get deeper unless you are there in person!

Otherwise it is going nowhere so have a goal and set the time for the first meeting.

Respect the travel and that she is busy. Plan around it.

As for testing can she trust you and how many girls are you currently involved with now while you are in communication with her?

Online Popka!

• Author of the 30 second lover Volumes 1&2
  • Spouses Country: Married a Russia Girl
Is it about privacy or something else?
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »
risk alienating her.

Bones,

You're grown. You aren't a 16 year old love struck kid,
so I am going to give you my opinion without
sugarcoating it.

Dump the girl. She has far too many red flags. You
allowed her to do it, but she isn't honest, sincere
AND interested in you.

An honest, sincere and interested FSUW would never
go AWOL for two weeks. She would never go AWOL
for one week. An honest, sincere and interested FSUW
would find a way.

If her cell phone antenna was broken she would disassemble
her travel iron and use the internal wiring to boost her signal.
She would disassemble/reassemble it each day so that she
could both talk to you AND keep her clothes neatly pressed.

My guess is that she is hot. I've seen it a hundred times where
a Western man lets a vaguely interested FSUW lead him around
by the nose because she is hot and out of his league. If you
would have nipped this in the bud in the beginning this girl
might be worth pursuing, but she has been allowed to act
badly and is broken. You need to kick her cute little popka to
the curb.

Please write this down and post it next to your refrigerator.
"I deserve an attractive, sincere, honest and interested girl"
DUMP any girl who fails to meet any of those 4 criteria. Actually
if I were you I would put the word "very" in front of each
of those standards.

So if I were you I would dump the girl immediately and dump
the agency as well. Then do the following.

1. pick a city in the FSU with over 500K population, but not
Odessa, Kiev, Nikolaev or Eastern Ukraine. Buy a ticket to your
chosen city and rent an apartment for two weeks.

2. One week before your trip open an account on Mamba, make yourself a VIP and put $30 on the account.

3. Then search those who speak English and write 100 attractive
girls that you will be in their city next week and would like to
meet them for coffee or tea.

3. Dump anyone who doesn't seem very interested in you.
Dump anyone who you don't find adorable. Dump anyone who
is boring, who lies, etc. and keep dumping them until you find
one who stands out above the rest. Then spend the rest of your
trip pursuing her with cautious optimism. Always being prepared
to dump her and start over.

4. Lather, rinse and repeat until you find the future Mrs Bones.

Lastly, always wear your big boy pants from this day forward.
Don't let any woman lead you around by the nose again.

I’ve decided to sell my vacuum cleaner
because, it was just collecting dust
Why do spies never use capitalization? Because they like to stay low-key

Offline Confederate

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 04:31:10 PM »
Thanks all. Yes, she knows I exist. I had hoped I had made myself clear so I'll repeat - I believe I wrote in my earlier post that I have her number and we have talked. I dealt with her thru 3rd parties and got many photos of her this way. Also the agency does not have any part in our emails, yes I wrote that I have already been to Kyiv to meet her but I became seriously ill while I was there & so I could only speak with her on the phone. Also I have good friends there & have been to Kyiv many times in the past so I have no trouble going there - it is a matter of coordinating a time with her job. We separated for awhile and began again. 'Confederate' please understand that I am not a newbie, I have traveled extensively through the years, probably more than most here. I have a good understanding of agencies already. My only concern is trying to understand the mind & thinking of women of the FSU and the mystery of her business trips. Hooker jokes are funny but doesn't help.

Okay bud then why come here asking a question? This woman is obviously avoiding you or so it seems so there's the answer to your question.

PS...what popka said. all of it, plus:

Lastly, always wear your big boy pants from this day forward.
Don't let any woman lead you around by the nose again

PPS...she's worse than a hooker! at least w/ a hooker, you know what's up!