The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic:  €19.99 promotional fairs, Ryanair to begin Ukrainian flights  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
 Currenty Ryanair is offering  €19.99 fairs each way offers ends Thursday.

Ryanair to begin Ukrainian flights

http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/ryanair-launches-first-flights-to-ukraine-35533308.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re:  €19.99 promotional fairs, Ryanair to begin Ukrainian flights
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
I could on;y find tickets from £24.99..

I f'n HATE Ryanair and would fly ANY other airline if I could ....

Got charged 70 Quid for a boarding pass - booked a flt - the day before - to Barcelona - via my mobile and when I went to print it off - 'too late'

They haven't seen a penny out of the many thousands spent on travel since ...

If travelling with luggage, they are often more expensive.

Barstewards

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
I could on;y find tickets from £24.99..

I f'n HATE Ryanair and would fly ANY other airline if I could ....

Got charged 70 Quid for a boarding pass - booked a flt - the day before - to Barcelona - via my mobile and when I went to print it off - 'too late'

They haven't seen a penny out of the many thousands spent on travel since ...

If travelling with luggage, they are often more expensive.

Barstewards
I quite agree. I can't stand these cattle class low fare carriers. Never flown on them and never will.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 06:51:03 AM »
"never flown with them, never will" obviously can't know what it is he doesn't like about flying with them.

Looks like moby didn't think that the rules applied to him (again). The need to print off a boarding pass more than 4 hours ahead of the flight time is not a secret, it isn't hidden. Probably what he didn't expect was that he'd not be able to bluster or bully some young girl (it usually is a girl) into giving in to him.

Truth be told, if these services offer what you need then they are efficient, good value, and effective. I like, for example, that on my most commonly flown route Ryanair offers the fastest flights, closest to my preferred destination and at a reasonable cost. The seats are comfortable and certainly no worse than any other economy flight on the same route, staff are pleasant, delays are almost unheard of and booking, ticketing, check in, and boarding are all a doddle.

But yes, one can choose to pay more for less, if one wants. The wonders of a, relatively, free market.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »

But yes, one can choose to pay more for less, if one wants. The wonders of a, relatively, free market.

Since Monte signed "Free Sky", people with average income can afford travelling (read: majority). It's very important to have such a possibility.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:07:58 AM »
Yes, that's what the low cost carriers enabled - a huge expansion in the market and they did it by disaggregation; that is by identifying all the value elements of the service and then offering them on a menu basis to all clients. Thus one can travel with almost no baggage at a price lower than somebody who needs to carry baggage. One can pay to choose a desireable seat, if that is considered worth paying for.

The daft thing is that many who criticise these services have not experienced them, or if they did they neglect to account for the lower level of service that they themselves chose. :)
Often those who, knowing no better, end up with a more expensive service are those who are not very well off themselves and thus restrict their ability to travel based upon conning themselves.

When I travel using the low cost carriers I almost always pay extra for baggage, for a decent seat, for rapid security clearance etc etc. My price is not far less than services that are less disaggregated but I have spent my money only upon those aspects that I choose to value and pay for. Of course, these days even flag carriers are disaggregating in order to give an appearance of value. Oddly enough, on my normal route, using a flag carrier with disaggregated pricing is STILL a less good service than the low cost carrier. :)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 07:25:22 AM »
I flew Ryanair twice a week Leeds-Dublin for nigh on year, never any issue, always on time (though they do allow a huge margin, flight was 45 mins, always lasted about 25..) not enough time to wheel out the trolley full of crap to sell, but treat it like its is, a flying bus. only one cancellation, and that was due to deep snow at Leeds, which is very good. For those unfamiliar with Leeds airport, it's pretty hairy, highest in UK, on the side of a hill, constant crosswinds, huge bump in the middle of the only runway, and a loop at the end on an extension over the Harrogate road in case the landing is too fast to turn off at the correct place. It 100% was. Honestly I landed there with the plane at 45 degrees to the runway fighting the crosswinds!

Nice to go first class on BA but not if it's every week and your paying....

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
Spot on!

If you can afford anything other than steerage and are happy to spend the money then go for it. Otherwise people are just kidding themselves!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
"never flown with them, never will" obviously can't know what it is he doesn't like about flying with them.

In case there might be any confusion - those were DS's word - not mine ...

I fly plenty of LC airlines ... Wizzair Pobeda, EasyJet, German Wings,etc., and understand that they are succeeding because they are giving what the consumer wants ... British Airways now charges for meals

Looks like moby didn't think that the rules applied to him (again).

Care to 'remind' us when I haven't read rules, BEFORE ? ..

The need to print off a boarding pass more than 4 hours ahead of the flight time is not a secret, it isn't hidden. Probably what he didn't expect was that he'd not be able to bluster or bully some young girl (it usually is a girl) into giving in to him.

1/ The clue was 'I booked the flight via a mobile' - and this rule was a new thing. The flight was booked at 9pm - I drove 2 hours to the Hotel and tried to print off the boarding card at 7am for a 10.50am flight. Ever tried to read the Ts and Cs on a mobile screen - scrolling ever downwards to get to the tick and moving on ? Plenty of airlines do not insist on printed boarding passes - allowing either printing off at check-in or using one's smartphone as the pass.  It is just an O'Learly rip off tactic and I'm not going to line his pockets in protest.

2 / The check-in agent was a guy, not a Ryanair employee and they don't make the rules. Bullying is not something I do or recommend - finding polite protest and smile works wonders - failing that - a letter to the company and taking my biz elsewhere. You may be confusing such rude behaviour with someone you've known, intimately, all your life time ? 

3/ I tend to fly with baggage greater than cabin luggage limits and the likes of Ryanair - taking into account baggage charges, food / drink on a flight and location of departure / arrival airport, plus their non presence in many nations I visit -  means it is easy to exclude them.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 08:03:35 AM »
Spot on!

If you can afford anything other than steerage and are happy to spend the money then go for it. Otherwise people are just kidding themselves!

Andy, we used to have two problems to travel to UK.

1.Visa
2. Air fare.

Visas are basically a hassle, not really a problem, it's timely and costly to get them, but hardly anyone is refused (we are not known as a nation that is dying to work abroad, legally or illegally, to work at home or work at all; besides, we do find our own country the msot beautiful and normally don't want to live anywhere else, so no probs there  :saint:)

When i was travelling often to UK, it was a significant sum for me to pay 440 euros for the ticket. I don't know anyone who'd throw away just like that that sum. Those who could throw away such sum fly by their own small planes anyway.

My cousin has two teenage daughters. They must learn English, in order to find work in the future. He couldn't afford to send them to language courses, if the prices were like they used to be.

It's not even about being "posh", it became a necessity to travel and it would be ruthless to deprive people of such possibility.

I am surprised that Moby, who is otherwise presumably of leftist views - is so elitist when it comes to travelling.

What i learned from my nieces, btw.
1. There's difference in baggage - what is allowed, but it's flexible, you pay for what's more.
2. Podgorica - London flights arrive not to Heathrow, but to another airport which is 60km (or 60 miles? not sure  ???) out of London. It could happen that there's no connection to the city at that time. Basically, someone has to pick you up, or you have to arrange your own transfer. That's about it.

Last time i took a flight on full price, it was by Serbian airlines London - Belgrade. It used to be called JAT and it used to have the tiniest airplanes one ever saw (i guess it's Tupolev, not sure.)
The stuff there is the friendliest and kindest you can imagine. Everything else is the matter of nightmares. I am 176cm. I barely fit my legs in the space provided for that. I couldn't turn one way or another. I spent some of the most uncomfortable hours in my life then. I got out of the plain limping from the pain in the leg and with a stiff neck.
No low coster can be worse than than, trust me.
(At the time, i think it was 2010, other options were to pay 800 e for the ticket and fly with foreign companies which for me was not an option.)
Of course that i am happy that my nieces and their generation as a whole are not cursed never to see the world because their parents are not oligarhs!
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
When I used to come here on the very cheap , I used to Fly Ryan air to Riga for about £10 then bus it to St Petersburg..I could hardly complain about the service or flight to Riga when the next leg of the journey would be 12 hours cramped on a bus seat...
I don't understand people who spend all heir lives complaining, feel sorry for any women married to a moaner or a remainer  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 08:43:21 AM »

I am surprised that Moby, who is otherwise presumably of leftist views - is so elitist when it comes to travelling.

This notion of my 'leftness' is highly contagious - like my travel 'elitism'

1/ If I could only have 100 Euro for every time this nonsense is repeated - I'd defo be able to fly first class ;)   HINT: I have never paid extra for first class.  I fly lots of LC airlines - just won't fund Ryanair

2/ I have only ever voted Conservative / Unionist  - that's RIGHT of centre :)

I've stated on here  - lots - that Turkish Airlines can offer great deals with meals, wine and 30 Kg baggage - State subsidy's would have to go IF TR ever got in the EU ! :)

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 04:59:15 PM »
When I used to come here on the very cheap , I used to Fly Ryan air to Riga for about £10 then bus it to St Petersburg..I could hardly complain about the service or flight to Riga when the next leg of the journey would be 12 hours cramped on a bus seat...
I don't understand people who spend all heir lives complaining, feel sorry for any women married to a moaner or a remainer  :laugh:

Now if it is the woman who is doing the moaning, it might not be a bad thing.   :evilgrin0002:

Anyone tried Condor Airlines that has HQ in Frankfurt?  It shows a flight to Kiev from my city through Frankfurt.  There are praises and criticism comments on the forum. 
http://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/condor-airlines/
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd