The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Genetics..  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Genetics..
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:48:23 AM »
I was wondering if there was any treatment to stop you looking more like your "Old man" as you get older?

Every time I go back to the Uk and see my old man Im starting to look more and more like him :sick0012: :sick0012: :sick0012:
Worst part is he's in his 70's so I'm already seeing myself..besides drastic plastic surgery and facial reconstruction I just wondered if there was like some tablets you can take? ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Gipsy

Re: Genetics..
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:37:27 AM »
I was wondering if there was any treatment to stop you looking more like your "Old man" as you get older?

Every time I go back to the Uk and see my old man Im starting to look more and more like him :sick0012: :sick0012: :sick0012:
Worst part is he's in his 70's so I'm already seeing myself..besides drastic plastic surgery and facial reconstruction I just wondered if there was like some tablets you can take? ;D

Cyanide tablets should successfully work to stop you getting any older..... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 02:15:12 AM »
Maybe we should start to think of Logan's Run as a documentary rather than a dystopian satire?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 02:56:21 AM »

---------------------------------2002-------------------------------------------------------------2017-----------------------
And not a wrinkle on my face (except for the forehead crease and that don't count since I had that since I was a teenager)

Put 'Preparation H' on your face nightly and practice celibacy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 03:33:05 AM »
How often does one need to practice celibacy before one becomes perfect at it?

Seems to me that if I practice for a couple of days that I end up failing. Can I ever be a perfect celibate?

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 03:42:25 AM »
How often does one need to practice celibacy before one becomes perfect at it?

Seems to me that if I practice for a couple of days that I end up failing. Can I ever be a perfect celibate?

It's one step forward and two back as far as aging goes if you fail to stay celibate. There is a university study on this someplace that backs this up. The Preparation H is fall back safety cream for when you fail.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 03:49:55 AM »
I always thought lots of sex was good for you and kept you young ?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 03:57:03 AM »
Some (me) might say that life was not worth living without the joy of sex.

What is the point of living a long and empty life?

Better to shine bright and short than to glow long and dim.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 04:23:16 AM »
My Uncle is a Buddhist Monk ( Yes I come from a strange family) He had everything , two nice apartments in London and a Windmill in the fens. When he decided to convert he gave that all to his kids and became celibate for 10 years before he was accepted into the monastery ...he lived with his wife whilst preparing his new life ;D

I see him some times, now he does speeches all over the world in different monasteries , was in Moscow last year. The rest of the time he sits in the monastery thinking..

I think no sex now for about 35 years!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 09:37:49 AM »

Cyanide tablets should successfully work to stop you getting any older..... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I was going to post this same response when the topic was opened. :chuckle:

I was going to say that taking the pill would stop the aging process "dead in its tracks".  :ROFL:

Another option is to drink heavily or become a drug addict.  I have seen photos of people whose countenance changed significantly after becoming an alcoholic or junkie.   :nod: But then, you risk cutting short your lifespan.   :chuckle:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 09:53:03 AM »
My Uncle is a Buddhist Monk ( Yes I come from a strange family) He had everything , two nice apartments in London and a Windmill in the fens. When he decided to convert he gave that all to his kids and became celibate for 10 years before he was accepted into the monastery ...he lived with his wife whilst preparing his new life ;D

I see him some times, now he does speeches all over the world in different monasteries , was in Moscow last year. The rest of the time he sits in the monastery thinking..

I think no sex now for about 35 years!

The goal is to reach Nirvana.  If you focus on other things, you can ignore the "temptations of the flesh".  If you spend most of your time in isolated monasteries, you can avoid having to deal with society's issues.   Just do not focus on the other monks.   (:)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »
But do you think for example your bone structure can change? Im sure my skull is slowly changing to the same shape as my old mans and its getting really worrying!  :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »

Put 'Preparation H' on your face nightly and practice celibacy.

Are you for real?  :ROFL:    :ROFL:     :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »
I always thought lots of sex was good for you and kept you young ?

I'm fairly certain that you have a pleasant happy look on your face day to day as opposed to the high blood pressure uptight look of the opposite.  :coffeeread:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
But do you think for example your bone structure can change? Im sure my skull is slowly changing to the same shape as my old mans and its getting really worrying!  :ROFL:

Do you recall the Hapsburg chin?  Over several generations, the prominent chin was passed down to several descendants.  There are certain physical traits that are encoded in your genome that require mutations to occur in order to break away from your ancestors.  Your parents could have sought out a eugenics expert or traveled to Chernobyl plant so that the DNA in their germ cells would get altered.    :chuckle:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2017, 12:26:43 PM »

Do you recall the Hapsburg chin?  Over several generations, the prominent chin was passed down to several descendants.  There are certain physical traits that are encoded in your genome that require mutations to occur in order to break away from your ancestors.  Your parents could have sought out a eugenics expert or traveled to Chernobyl plant so that the DNA in their germ cells would get altered.    :chuckle:

That's the solution Stevie, just a pleasant trip to Chernobyl.  :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 11:44:50 AM »

That's the solution Stevie, just a pleasant trip to Chernobyl.  :laugh:

I was already at Chernobyl about 10 years ago... :) doesn't seem to of effected me , yet anyway.. :chuckle:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »
It ain't the bone but the fat and muscle. You are getting old and we are old for longer than we are young. As you lose muscle tone and gain fat you will get more like your father (or mother) looks when they are old.

Your youthful good looks are becoming a thing of the past.

Only a few short years left to go round trapping totty without needing to lead with your wallet!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 05:14:55 AM »
It ain't the bone but the fat and muscle. You are getting old and we are old for longer than we are young. As you lose muscle tone and gain fat you will get more like your father (or mother) looks when they are old.

Only a few short years left to go round trapping totty without needing to lead with your wallet!

So next time anyone goes for Sunday dinner with the mother in law take a good look, cos thats who your other half will look in a few years!... ;D

I would suggest a photo gallery here of every's mother in law for some fun :)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:55 AM »

So next time anyone goes for Sunday dinner with the mother in law take a good look, cos thats who your other half will look in a few years!... ;D

Right, waiting for you to kick off..... ;D

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »

Collagen. (Expensive one.) Osteo Bi-flex is awesome (hyaluronic acid), but less wrinkles is a "side-effect", it's for joints (and it's good.) Lifting weights (to keep muscles). Absolutely NO sugar in the diet. Botox (by a dr, not in a spa, also expensive.) Calorie restriction and as little as possible carbs. Making gaps between meals (intermittent fasting); at least 15h between dinner and the next meal tomorrow. But, somehow i don't see you as the type to stick to any of it, apart from maybe weight lifting  ;D

Here:
The guy at 0:50 is 50+. I don't know if he looks younger, but he looks great.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 01:06:08 AM »

Right, waiting for you to kick off..... ;D

I cannot upload pictures on here any more (( It says "Attachments and other options" I click and there is no option to upload any files. It was ok..
Im al ready to go  :chuckle:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 02:17:05 AM »
I used to adhere to that the old adage about looking at the future M-i-L was a clue to how one's intended might turn out.

Now my first wife was size 6/8 ( UK) [2-4 US] and is now more than double the dress size, while her Ma - still has youthful skin and hasn't gone 'large' .... Her Ma's side brought surprising Olive skin - that seems pale but goes so brown, easily.

If looks were the criteria for marrying, then - sorry - but V's ma would have precluded our union. V's youthful looks came from her Dad

SC ? She grew up in a FSU orphanage and has NO pictures of her parents - long since passed - so who knows what might happen....  How she looks when she is older depends on whether all the sun's rays she absorbed and all that smoking from 15 - 30 years old.  She lives a near perfect dietary / exercise life style, now and if nature takes its course will probably live to be the world's oldest woman !

As Steve says, I am following in the footsteps of my Dad re the aging process. He aged well, externally - but died relatively young - 15-20 years below the average. He was actually frightened of growing old and being a burden... ! 

He could never understand my liking 'slim women' and hasn't been around to note my interest in exotic genetic mixes of FSU W
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Genetics..
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
I cannot upload pictures on here any more (( It says "Attachments and other options" I click and there is no option to upload any files. It was ok..
I'm all ready to go  :chuckle:

Read about different options for posting photos here. 
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,2269.msg29607/highlight,uploading+photos.html#msg29607

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
Thanks, I looked at all of that, but I only have like 2/3 mins a day to read that sort of stuff..only a few months back I just clicked the link and uploaded an image , took just a few seconds. That link has vanished (((
Im not retired so don't have time to read all of that then down load some program ((( I have a wife and kids to feed.. ;D

Registration