The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: good sites  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Leobadfish

• Trips: None Yet
good sites
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:06:11 AM »
Hi guys! I have looked through forum and wanted t ask. Am I right that no honest ppl sites left and it is better to use only free ones? Or there can be some luck in ppl sites too?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
Re: good sites
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

PPL sites have one main objective.  To earn revenue.  So they will try to induce you to open your wallet.  And many use dishonest means to achieve that.  That does not mean that you cannot find a "honest" lady on a PPL site.  But, like fishing in polluted waters, you likely are not going to find a great catch.  But, do not assume that free ones are better.  Scammers are cheapskates and look for free sites to plaster their fake profiles to search for naive people.  You might find a higher number of genuine profiles on free sites, but they also are polluted with plenty of fakes and swindlers.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:03:24 AM »
I had a friend who used a PPL site extensively over a few years. He even visited some of the ladies through the agency. He had two of their interpreters who took pity on him on separate occasions and in different cities give him a being behind the scenes look on how things really work. In short it is a gauntlet to get through. Possible? Yes, but you really have to choose wisely and maybe with a little luck you can get through. I'll tell you more if you are interested.

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:18:58 PM »
I agree with the above replies. It is a minefield!

However by personal recent follow up into a 90 letters to one girl being real or not some years ago on a ppl site the only thing I got honesty attracts honesty to really explain it. They even got the girl in to make a video to defend themselves!

Though the main reason why the ppl was the added from another site where the girl also was listed option SKYPE! Now it was only direct to the girl and no translator involved or agency.

Some sites have web cam Skype calls and that is a direct approach to the girl. No smoke and mirrors. The real deal!

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 06:19:59 PM »
Hi guys! I have looked through forum and wanted t ask. Am I right that no honest ppl sites left and it is better to use only free ones? Or there can be some luck in ppl sites too?

"Pay per letter" sites are for suckers. There's a new one born every second. They always claim to have "insider" information on how to "beat the system".   :ROFL:

Pick a site which has a flat fee for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. Such as Ukraine Date, or Mamba, etc.

Go ahead and write to a woman on "ppl". They will never turn you down and it will only cost you $10 or more to open a letter.

Now pick an attractive woman like this one. Pay the fee for access. If she writes back she may be interested but if not there is your answer.

https://www.ukrainedate.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1453008

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:40:03 PM »

"Pay per letter" sites are for suckers. There's a new one born every second. They always claim to have "insider" information on how to "beat the system".   :ROFL:

Pick a site which has a flat fee for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. Such as [url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=][url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=]Ukraine Date[/url][/url], or Mamba, etc.

Go ahead and write to a woman on "ppl". They will never turn you down and it will only cost you $10 or more to open a letter.

Now pick an attractive woman like this one. Pay the fee for access. If she writes back she may be interested but if not there is your answer.

The profile lists the education information as follows:
Education:    Primary (Elementary) School

Here is another with a higher education level.

https://www.ukrainedate.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1459110

The only negative that I can see is her height to weight ratio and her ambivalence about relocation (probably has a good career in academics).

I just checked my profile on Ukrainedate and someone from Alabama was interested in me (the lady is not European).

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 10:12:46 PM »

Pick a site which has a flat fee for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. Such as [url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=][url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=][url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=]Ukraine Date[/url][/url][/url], or Mamba, etc.

The profile lists the education information as follows:
Education:    Primary (Elementary) School

Here is another with a higher education level.

https://www.ukrainedate.com/en/profile/showProfile/ID/1459110

The only negative that I can see is her height to weight ratio and her ambivalence about relocation (probably has a good career in academics).

I just checked my profile on Ukrainedate and someone from Alabama was interested in me (the lady is not European).

Likely an American scammer. Don't give your email to that one ever unless you want to be bombarded with junk mail.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 12:19:43 AM »
It is faulty thinking to suggest that Pay Per Letter sites are inherently less honest than other formats of MOB site. A business costs money to run and, one way or another those costs will be covered or the business will close.

What many, probably most, of the people making such claims are unaware of the reality that PPL sites such as Anastasia put a huge effort to keep their shelves stocked with an increasingly rare product: women willing to consider marrying a foreign, particularly American, bloke.

If you want to find a genuine woman then such sites may well be the best option. The problem is that almost all of the male clients actually prefer to rip themselves off by chasing dreams that flatter their ego rather than looking for someone real.

If you are the special snowflake who is better than ALL the women in his country then be prepared to put in a special effort to find a woman not only better than all the women in your country but who recognises just how wonderful you are.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Maxx

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 01:43:44 AM »
It is faulty thinking to suggest that Pay Per Letter sites are inherently less honest than other formats of MOB site. A business costs money to run and, one way or another those costs will be covered or the business will close.

What many, probably most, of the people making such claims are unaware of the reality that PPL sites such as Anastasia put a huge effort to keep their shelves stocked with an increasingly rare product: women willing to consider marrying a foreign, particularly American, bloke.

If you want to find a genuine woman then such sites may well be the best option. The problem is that almost all of the male clients actually prefer to rip themselves off by chasing dreams that flatter their ego rather than looking for someone real.

If you are the special snowflake who is better than ALL the women in his country then be prepared to put in a special effort to find a woman not only better than all the women in your country but who recognises just how wonderful you are.

To the OP pay particular attention to the part in bold.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 04:24:35 AM »

I was going to add. If you check out the profiles of the non "A" list girls you see quite a number of plain-Janes. However some of them are far from being plain in their appearance. Just not somebody you would mistake for a super model or a high class hooker. More of the "girl next door" types or with others using the modern parlance, "Mothers blank blank :censored:". So what is the story with them? Could some of them be what Andrew called, "genuine woman?" Someone who paid out of their own pockets for professional agency photographs and spent their time setting up their profiles? And for what reason? To help the agency by being a "beard" so to speak for all the agency's other nefarious activities? (Occam's razor here) Or could it be for reasons they state on their profiles, love, family and a chance to escape the dead end they are in? At what point is wanting a better financial future through marriage not gold digging but just being practical especially if there is a dependent child involved?

I know it is easier to get all snarky and show off you are a real man by condemning the whole business. But isn't that being dishonest in regard to these "genuine women" who believe by joining these agencies they will find the same thing we look for?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 06:47:07 AM »
Simples.. stay away from PPL models.

Their 'costs' are easily covered by us unknowing clients....... ( idiots!) 

I have been an idiot who has paid..many moons ago..

The genuine women are rarely on such sites.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Leobadfish

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:38:49 AM »
thank you for recommendations!
I have googled some information also and found sites like Anastasiadate that are not advised to use. But as I see both ppl and free sites can be useful, most important is to be realistic in search.
I hope not to start chasing dreams and don't think that relationship with girl 20 or so years younger than me will work. Actually I have an Ukrainian origins so I consider looking for a woman there as a chance not only to find wife but learn more about culture in general.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »

Pick a site which has a flat fee for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months. Such as [url=http://cupidlinks.com/?a=89194&c=5141&s1=]Ukraine Date[/url], or Mamba, etc.

"Pay per letter" sites are for suckers. There's a new one born every second.    :thumbsup:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 11:04:01 PM »
Here is an interesting discrepancy for one of the profiles on the border (loveme.com)

Natalia is 39 blond hair based in Kiev.  Was born under the Capricorn sign.  This is similar to the same lady on another site.   However, the vital statistics then diverge.

Loveme.com profile ID  172685

Find-bride.com profile ID  35233

Weight is stated as 60 kg on one site while it is 46 kg on the other site.   ???

Height is stated as 175 cm on one site while it is 165 cm on the other site.   ???

Eye color is green on one site while it is hazel on the other site.   ???

She is divorced with a 12 year old daughter on one site and she is divorced with no children on the other site.   :-\

These physical differences are not insignificant.  Green and hazel colored eyes can sometimes be rather close in tint, so it can be a subjective description.  I can see people getting taller and heavier due to diet changes, but the presence/absence of a child is quite a major difference.   :duh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 06:49:48 AM »
Dcguyusa, you DO know that the odds that either profile reflects a real person is very slim don't you?

If a profile interests you then pay the money, open the box, and use your best skill and judgement to ascertain the veracity of any posted information whilst proceeding from the perspective that any info is false and not reflective of any real human being.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 10:01:21 AM »
...an increasingly rare product: women willing to consider marrying a foreign, particularly American, bloke.

Much of what you have written is correct, however, as the biz has moved primarily to Ukraine, I can advise there is no particular disadvantage to being American, although I understand that your particular prejudice colors your opinion. 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 11:44:08 AM »
So, bb, glad to see that you are now happily married.

Oh, that's right, you didn't find a candidate yet. But you're American. So what's wrong with you then?

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
As for finding the same girl on different web sites it is part of the jungle and business of match making in Ukraine/Russia etc.

The girl I mentioned earlier in this thread has said in private that 1-2 sites was all and any further ones she had no control over or knew about. They copy the details and share/sell it on creating their version of the girl which is the main reason information differ. So any contact is someone making money on it behind it. Girls are like stock market and good ones make lots of money.

The latest is she is currently on Anastasiadate and I am not sure yet since we have not talked about another site having hear details but the interview is clearly different and the pictures shared/stolen.

Getting the girls is nothing but another option to make money and that is the sad reality.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
good sites
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
Likely an American scammer. Don't give your email to that one ever unless you want to be bombarded with junk mail.

For those in the search, I recommend that you get a new email address
that you use exclusively for that purpose. I would also recommend that you
use that email address to make a new facebook page exclusively for this and
join VK.com and Mamba.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
Here is an interesting discrepancy for one of the profiles on the border (loveme.com)

Use photos and information you find on a profile for sifting/sorting purposes
only. If the girl passes the basic test(s), then you try to get hold of her. If
she answers then you have a prospect, but don't assume that she even
filled out the profile questionnaire herself.

Once you have a prospect, then you have to determine if she is a good girl
and if she even remotely looks like her profile photos. The due diligence is
always on you, not the agency. Their goal is to make money and stay in
business, your goal is to find a good mate. Those two goals aren't in
alignment.

They would love for you to forever spend money at their agency and having
their best girls leave and get married doesn't help them that much. So it's
your job to make sure that your goals are realized.

I wish you success
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online 2tallbill

good sites
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 01:30:28 PM »
As for finding the same girl on different web sites it is part of the jungle and business of match making in Ukraine/Russia etc.

The girl I mentioned earlier in this thread has said in private that 1-2 sites was all and any further ones she had no control over or knew about. They copy the details and share/sell it on creating their version of the girl which is the main reason information differ. So any contact is someone making money on it behind it. Girls are like stock market and good ones make lots of money.

The latest is she is currently on Anastasiadate and I am not sure yet since we have not talked about another site having hear details but the interview is clearly different and the pictures shared/stolen.

Getting the girls is nothing but another option to make money and that is the sad reality.

Get her on the phone or skype is my advice.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 02:15:29 PM »
...an increasingly rare product: women willing to consider marrying a foreign, particularly American, bloke.

Much of what you have written is correct, however, as the biz has moved primarily to Ukraine, I can advise there is no particular disadvantage to being American, although I understand that your particular prejudice colors your opinion. 

B/B

2 funny.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Oh, that's right, you didn't find a candidate yet. But you're American. So what's wrong with you then?

*Sigh*  Well, I see you have brought the topic 'round to me.  Really, Feefs, could you not find someone else to obsess over?

At any rate, what's wrong with me?  Not a thing.  Life is Sweet, and I enjoy the attention and care of lovely young women, a couple of whom, were I to pop the question, would likely answer, "DA!  How about tomorrow?!"

:8)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »

*Sigh*  Well, I see you have brought the topic 'round to me.  Really, Feefs, could you not find someone else to obsess over?

At any rate, what's wrong with me?  Not a thing.  Life is Sweet, and I enjoy the attention and care of lovely young women, a couple of whom, were I to pop the question, would likely answer, "DA!  How about tomorrow?!"

:8)

B/B

'Poor' andrewfi - our armchair expert in things Russia, dating, relationships, psychology , is having a bad weekend ...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »

WHOAH!!!

Does this indicate that Andrew is now happily married? I think it does. He did say not being married is something wrong ....

I MUST have misunderstood the Queen's English while thinking I was reading English.