The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: When rules get DAFT  (Read 2999 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
When rules get DAFT
« on: February 27, 2017, 03:21:49 AM »
The wife of a Brit for 27 years got deported ..She had  indefinite leave to remain - but 'lost' it for caring for her parents in Singapore ..

How the hubbie earns less than the new limit - which IS a fair hurdle ( but in this case - I don't think is appropriate )

I have no idea why she didn't get a UK passport or why caring for elderly parents wasn't an acceptable excuse to be out of the country ..

This is a DAFT situation

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: When rules get DAFT
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:23:52 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/woman-deported-from-uk-despite-being-married-to-briton-for-27-years/ar-AAntpR9?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

A woman living in the UK who has been married to a British man for 27 years has been forcibly removed from the country.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 11:04:04 AM »
Rules are rules and she abused them, you can't reside on visit visas nor switch in-country from one.

She'll have to start from stage 1, FLR(FP) and if can't afford it request a fee waiver and be on the 10 year path to ILR.

It's a well known fact that ILR is lost after two years out of the country.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:16 AM »
Is there still time to stick a turban or something on her head and come in via the channel tunnel route before Brexit?  :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
She did not follow the rules and this is the consequence. I can understand moby being upset because this case resonates with him - after all rules are for other people, right?

WHat happens, or doesn't happen, to other people is irrelevant. The only relevant point is whether THIS woman is eligible to be in the UK and she isn't, she knew she wasn't and, it seems, that knowing she was flouting the law, she continued in her own little way.

My guess is that she will be back in the UK in the not too distant future.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 11:56:07 AM »
Moby virtue signalling again.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »

SJW's similar to Hollywood types?

https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/status/836293130248982528
Nothing to do with social justice here. It's all me,me, me. Anything to grab a headline. Flash a tit and hey, it makes the 9 o'clock news. I don't know who they think they are? Overpaid, over hyped, pretentious bunch of arseschlocks. Never watch the Oscars, just a bunch of w a n k e r s patting themselves on the back and preening  how good they are. It's a load of B O L L O X.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »

SJW's similar to Hollywood types?

https://twitter.com/chuckwoolery/status/836293130248982528
Nothing to do with social justice here. It's all me,me, me. Anything to grab a headline. Flash a tit and hey, it makes the 9 o'clock news. I don't know who they think they are? Overpaid, over hyped, pretentious bunch of arseschlocks. Never watch the Oscars, just a bunch of w a n k e r s patting themselves on the back and preening  how good they are. It's a load of B O L L O X.

The SJW's left behind enough garbage for 2,500 dump trucks. And they abandoned some dogs. Pretty awful.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/dakota-access-protestors-leave-abandoned-frost-bitten-dogs/

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 12:08:10 AM »
This tale is more a warning for others. Plan tonlive in the uk. Get citizenship
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
The wife of a Brit for 27 years got deported ..She had  indefinite leave to remain - but 'lost' it for caring for her parents in Singapore ..

No she didnt. She lost her right to be here by not actually being here for very long periods of time. She had ample opportunity to become a citizen but chose not to.

Let her pay visa fees again and start from dot. She will wish she had coughed up for citizenship then. The country needs the money.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 07:13:52 PM »

No she didnt. She lost her right to be here by not actually being here for very long periods of time. She had ample opportunity to become a citizen but chose not to.

Let her pay visa fees again and start from dot. She will wish she had coughed up for citizenship then. The country needs the money.

It's always interesting to hear his version, which appears to be plausible, but then hear the real details of what happened.  :coffeeread:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
Has one of Moby's friends been to work ? https://www.change.org/p/amber-rudd-mp-stop-shiromini-getting-deported-she-is-three-months-away-from-completing-a-degree?

I don't understand these do gooders! I would love to turn up in a rubber dingy on Australia's Gold coast , go get my self a gardening job and when it comes time for me to leave complain like bloody hell to the government and stir up all sorts of trouble...

I guess it could be something like "You can't deport me!! I have Bob Smiths lawn and rose bed to do next week"  :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration