The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello forumites  (Read 8985 times)

Offline Jesca

• Spouses Country: UK
Re: Hello forumites
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
May I ask out of interest which country your first marriage took you to? We are a nosey bunch here.........

I noticed )) The Netherlands.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 05:13:37 PM »
May I ask out of interest which country your first marriage took you to? We are a nosey bunch here.........

Dank u wel.  ;D

I suppose the $64k question everyone is wondering how to phrase is as you hailed from Kiev in CCCP days, how do you view events in Crimea and the east? Or better put, do you take a 'side' or not?

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 05:17:09 PM »

Dank u wel.  ;D

I suppose the $64k question everyone is wondering how to phrase is as you hailed from Kiev in CCCP days, how do you view events in Crimea and the east? Or better put, do you take a 'side' or not?

I hope you won't pull that one out of the hat on Saturday.... :ROFL:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

Dank u wel.  ;D

I wouldn't put it past me.  :hidechair:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »

Dank u wel.  ;D

I wouldn't put it past me.  :hidechair:
I'd better ask Olga to ask Olga to keep you on a tight leash.... :chuckle:

Offline Jesca

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
Dank u wel.  ;D

Niets te danken, graag gedaan )

[I never take sides unless I am 100 % informed, provided all the information is 100% valid.]
 As far as Crimea and the east is concerned...well I do have an opinion (and it happens to be a well informed one). But would prefer to keep a can of worms airtight. Thanks for understanding )

Offline Jesca

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »
Some of my views are now available - FSUW and The Money, that is )
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,26351.msg459123.html#msg459123

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
Dank u wel.  ;D

[I never take sides unless I am 100 % informed, provided all the information is 100% valid.]
 As far as Crimea and the east is concerned...well I do have an opinion (and it happens to be a well informed one). But would prefer to keep a can of worms airtight. Thanks for understanding )

Good answer!! Way too much politics everywhere and I like to come to this forum for other things.

This is no safe harbour here, but it is something different!

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 06:17:08 PM »

Dank u wel.  ;D

Forget the rugby - we're coming!!  ;D

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 01:28:37 AM »
Dank u wel.  ;D

Crimea was the biggest error of the western press. I lost all faith in them on that referendum-day.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Jesca

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 01:50:47 AM »
Crimea was the biggest error of the western press. I lost all faith in them on that referendum-day.

Faith in the press, or in Crimeans' decision making quality?

Just one thingy. On the Crimean referendum day, according to independent ballot count, the turnout showed to be around 122% ...
Did the Western press highlight that?? If they did, I will go out and do a face-down snow angel. (Given no snow outside.)
Once/if I get the answer, we can put the lid back on the can of worms )

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 02:32:07 AM »

Faith in the press, or in Crimeans' decision making quality?

Just one thingy. On the Crimean referendum day, according to independent ballot count, the turnout showed to be around 122% ...
Did the Western press highlight that?? If they did, I will go out and do a face-down snow angel. (Given no snow outside.)
Once/if I get the answer, we can put the lid back on the can of worms )
I lost faith in the western press.

Western press said: Under threat of kalashnikovs, people are forced to vote:
Realtime Skype with my mother-in-law: Huge streetparty, vodka, fireworks etc. etc. All the while people are shouting "we're going home". Oh well.

Searching for the turnout, I did however, find this hilarious post on dutch news , since you can read dutch : https://zwolle.sp.nl/nieuws/2016/03/de-krim-stemt-tegen-associatieverdrag-oekraine

Short english Version : Crimea votes against the EU-Association agreement ..... (But its the city Crimea in Netherlands, not the peninsula south of Ukraine).

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 03:29:06 AM »

Dank u wel.  ;D

Bring

Dank u wel.  ;D

More the merrier.  ;D

Offline Jesca

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 04:14:57 AM »
I lost faith in the western press.

Western press said: Under threat of kalashnikovs, people are forced to vote:
Realtime Skype with my mother-in-law: Huge streetparty, vodka, fireworks etc. etc. All the while people are shouting "we're going home". Oh well.

Searching for the turnout, I did however, find this hilarious post on dutch news , since you can read dutch : https://zwolle.sp.nl/nieuws/2016/03/de-krim-stemt-tegen-associatieverdrag-oekraine
Short english Version : Crimea votes against the EU-Association agreement ..... (But its the city Crimea in Netherlands, not the peninsula south of Ukraine)

This is BRILLIANT Mark - thanks. I enjoyed the "wrong Crimea" post immensely!
(I must admit though: reading Dutch is becoming a job! Well if you don't use it, you lose it - that is life.)

Offline Jesca

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 04:25:32 AM »
(And I never completed school in the NL anyway - due to not spending enough time in the country. Lol.)