The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: ChickenBrahs trip report  (Read 18475 times)

Offline Chickenbrah

ChickenBrahs trip report
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
So a bit of details

- Been to russia, only dated one girl, i was there for a month
- Decided to go and try out ukraine, as it is an easy place for me to gain temporary residency permit on a self employed basis , as opposed to Russia which is considerably harder and more expensive.
- Know nobody there, haven't been in the online dating game for a few months now, plan on returning in may after i get some good photos taken.
- Plan on going for 6 to 8 weeks, from July to September
- Not sure if i should book to go to kiev of Kharkov.
- Plan booking my tickets next week when i have had time to digest everything.
Plan on returning again in the Christmas period for 2 weeks. My schedule may look like 6-8 weeks summer, 2 weeks Christmas, with short trips here and there if i am in a relationship
- Aim of this trip would be just to go and see, get a feel of living in ukraine, before deciding if it is right for me. I will only move there if i find someone that i actually like a lot

dating sites i will use
Common pay monthly
VK (Yes, women do respond)
Mamba

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: ChickenBrahs trip report
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
Good fortune. I hope it works for you.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:10 PM »
Don't brits get 90 day visit visa waiver for Ukraine?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »

Yes we do, then we need to stay out for 3 months. It is good method short term, but if i had a relationship, long term i would need to move there, spend a few years, get to know the person really, then take the plunge with a marriage and kids.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
went on the site, browsed through 200 profiles my age group, focused only on pics to give me an idea. Saw 2 girls i fancied, hence why i prefer russia, larger bunch of women available. I am going to need to sign up to as many sites as possible.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
Not sure how it is today, but I would also consider Loveplanet.ru

Is active in both Russia and Ukraine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »

Yes we do, then we need to stay out for 3 months. It is good method short term, but if i had a relationship, long term i would need to move there, spend a few years, get to know the person really, then take the plunge with a marriage and kids.

That can really bugger up your life, neither in one place or the other.

Can I make a suggestion, by way of a question?
Are there any opportunities in Ukraine to have a job that gets you a 'proper' visa but where attendance for work is not mandatory? That used to be a possibility in Russia years ago and I know of people having done similar stuff in other countries. Of course such a thing is very much 'under the table' but possibly a language school might be able to help you? Either that or be a student, again a language school might be able to help you - that used to be a 'thing' in the UK. :)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »

That can really bugger up your life, neither in one place or the other.

Can I make a suggestion, by way of a question?
Are there any opportunities in Ukraine to have a job that gets you a 'proper' visa but where attendance for work is not mandatory? That used to be a possibility in Russia years ago and I know of people having done similar stuff in other countries. Of course such a thing is very much 'under the table' but possibly a language school might be able to help you? Either that or be a student, again a language school might be able to help you - that used to be a 'thing' in the UK. :)

Thanks for the advice, i know a British law firm in Ukraine that will sort out everything, accounting fees, legal work, for around $300-400 a month. I could find a job, and pay them under the table for my papers, but for a few hundred, it wouldn't be worth it for me. Russia on the other hand, is $1500 a month, business registration, legal fees, accounting, not something i was willing to do. In all honesty, i see Russia as slightly better than ukraine, bigger population, less competition as guys are scared off by the visa fees. But what really matters is bringing my A game, focusing on my diet down for may, getting some good photos, and rolling up my sleeves. It will be harder, but doable.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
ChickenBrahs trip report
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »
I wish you success and good luck!
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Maxx

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »

I don't know if this is helpful but Georgia is close by and they are very relaxed about long stays. You can stay up to a year without a visa with a renewal for another year by doing a quick border jump into and out of Armenia. A lot of Ukrainian women would love to tour Georgia. And starting a business here is very easy. It can officially be done in a matter of an hour or two. Learning English from a native speaker is desired. I've been asked and I have not asked about doing it.

Google: NomadCapitalist Georgia
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/12/03/georgia-one-capitalist-countries-world/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/17/pay-less-through-tax-residency-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/03/how-to-start-an-offshore-company-in-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/31/set-up-an-offshore-company-tbilisi-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/24/reasons-invest-georgia-tourism-industry/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/06/14/rent-apartment-in-tbilisi-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/07/27/how-i-bought-a-cattle-ranch-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/12/21/easiest-place-to-open-a-bank-account/

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 01:04:16 AM »
I know a bit about Armenia, definitely has a higher ratio of marriage material women compared to russia/ukraine. But that being said, i would need to move there, which i am not willing to do. I may do in a decade or so, if i don't find anyone in russia or ukraine. Armenia is a cheap country, easily could buy a 5 bedroom house, big garden for under $50k, and i would probably reside in one of the villages.

But for short 6 to 8 weeks, not worth it. Girls date differently there, take their time with stuff, and if i do deflower a girl, and decide to abort, i could find myself in big trouble. One of my ex's friends contacted me, i got talking to him,he was telling me he could hook me up with virgins like my ex. I then received a message from her saying "if you tell him anything, i will make big problems for you". Her dad was connected on good terms with senior officers in her town, she told me if i ever got in trouble, he would sort it out no problem, plus he would help me with my papers. Thinking back now, i was lucky i made it out alive, luckily she wasn't the type of girl to hurt me, but not the same could be said about other women.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »
If you know all this stuff why are you here?

In other words spare us the BS and show us some proof of your deeds and abilities.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 01:24:21 AM »
If you know all this stuff why are you here?

In other words spare us the BS and show us some proof of your deeds and abilities.

I don't have many questions, dating is relatively simple, just go there with your A game, if i do get into a relationship, i may need help from the guys here though. As it is different from sustaining a relationship in the west. This is a journey for me, i am using it as something to work towards rather the find success on my first, second, third trip, i am going to let things happen naturally, and try and improve myself each time i step foot into the fsu. Now i am much better than my first trip, hopefully i can sustain that personal growth, and eventually meet someone that i love as much as they love me.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 01:48:59 AM »
This is a journey for me, i am using it as something to work towards rather the find success on my first, second, third trip, i am going to let things happen naturally, and try and improve myself each time i step foot into the fsu. Now i am much better than my first trip, hopefully i can sustain that personal growth, and eventually meet someone that i love as much as they love me.

I understand your methods. I am on a similar path.

Quite a knockout I'd say!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »

Cute female, do not know about the ping pong ball next to her.  :-X  She looks Tartar or perhaps Turkic.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »
 :reading:

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 09:00:26 AM »
Well...... I guess my face has been exposed.

I am just going to enjoy the process, not really worried about the result. It is more of a long-term goal. meet someone i like, have fun together, and see where it leads us. Not treat it as a mission, or an achievement to get married, and rush back to the west with a complete stranger.i have other goals in life.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »
She looks Tartar or perhaps Turkic.

I like light skin girls, believe me, there was one that i was crazy for, and still am. Only recently did that girl forgive me, but we are not on good terms.But i liked my ex's values, she seemed to me like a girl i could settle down with, and she was. Whoever she goes with, will be lucky, she will treat them good, cook for them, discipline the kids to behave well, and help her husband progress in life. I was just not ready, thought i was, but i was not comfortable in my own skin, too many insecurities.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »
It is Dk from the other place, isn't it?

Offline Maxx

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 09:37:28 AM »
Well...... I guess my face has been exposed.

All OK

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2017, 05:39:11 AM »
Just a bit of recent events, i will try and not to give my opinion on events, let the reader decipher what i have written.

So i went on dating site, sent around 10 messages to users. I focused strictly on looks, nothing else. In sales they say never judge a prospect, so i tried not to give any thoughts on a personality of a girl based on her pics or what she have written.

three messages were read, one response.others have not logged in for over a month. I quickly got the girl on my Vk. Beautiful girl, beautiful smile, perfect teeth (like me  ;D), piercing green eyes. My initial assessment based on looks would have been, she was a party type of girl, not looking for anything serious. Turns out she had a 6-year relationship with a russian guy, and is looking for kids and marriage. We discussed meeting up, where she told me we will need to discuss kids and marriage when we meet. She claims to be looking for love, and we exchanged plenty of messages non stop, she pretty much was glued on her phone, made it evident she is interested in me. I told her i am not in a rush for marriage, i am just looking to get married once, and have kids with only one person, which she was pleased with. She did grill me on why i am not dating local girls, told her i find fsuw beautiful on the inside and outside. She does not speak a word of english, but for me it isn't a problem, i did this before with my ex,and it worked out fine. Most importantly me and this girl share same the humor, i can easily make her laugh in person.

I was very focused on getting my pictures in order for a photoshoot in may, when i reach my peak physically, but my membership expires in 9 days, so i figured give it a shot, and return in may with better photos. Anyways , i asked her which of my photos she liked the best, she went to my photo 2 years ago, where i had a short sleeve shirt, where you could see my biceps, my face in that photo is not great.

I am actually hoping a meetup does happen with this girl, trying not to get too caught up, but she is very interested in me, and i am very interested in her. Side note, my ex's friend contacted me this morning, asking me how i am. He offered to hook me up with local girls, but it is too risky, due to what happened between me and my ex. I do love russia, but i think ukraine is more suitable due to being able to relocate if i find someone i like.

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:13 AM »
Hey chickenbrah. Just reading your posts and you saying that even though she speaks no English. how do you communicate? Maybe I missed something or do you know Russian language.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 06:34:33 AM »
When your set up in Ukraine and married to a beautiful dream women, (Seems you have them all after you like the pied piper ) You can claim my $1000 I'm paying to any guy off here marries a super model half his age... :laugh:

Just let me know and I will Western Union it over to you..
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 07:29:53 AM »
Over confidence is never a flaw. there is nothing wrong with thinking your the best. When I went online for the first time, I sized up what I was up against. I watched videos on those romance tours where men looked to meet women and the thing that shocked me was the temporary friendships. If I had gone on those tours I would have been the most arrogant prick. There my competition. It's like this one job I applied for in Alberta when the recession hit. There were two layoffs....the man who had a family and me who wanted to keep working. I was far superior with work ethic and physicality. He shed a tear telling me of his family and Christmas was coming up and he needed the work. Then he had his interview. He came out in tears and proceeded to give me a look of mercy. No mercy was giving. I went into the interview and proceeded to laugh at such weakness. Me and the manger laughed and I went on to say...quiet the show. I joked about should I cry too.. needless to say...he didn't get to stay. Was it rough. Never. Now that I'm here in the former Soviet Union, everyone here is looking for survival and will say and do anything to get by. Do I want the scraps or keep eating like king. The decision was not hard at all. Watch any reality tv show and see everyone has a heartbreaking story of...I told my grandmother I would sing and win...that's why I'm here...boo...hoo...

Chickenbrah's goal is to succeed and live. If it takes telling himself that every woman wants him then how is it bad. Mindsets like that thrive.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 10:39:59 AM »
I decided I wanted to leave the UK for a new life in Russia nearly 14 years ago after a few years of travelling and having some fun I set my plan in action to finally do it.
It took me nearly 6 years in the UK to be in some kind of position to leave the UK...In those 6 years I made many sacrifices and Im 100% none in this forum today or in the past would ever do for love of relocating to Mother Russia. :laugh:
I worked 9 hours a day during a day job, 10 hours a day on my own project 7 days a week 365 days of the year. Lived in a shit hole in Portsmouth for 3 years , saved £30 a week bus fare to and from work each and every day for 3 years and walked the 3 miles trip in to work and back from work..it was uphill often on the way back and bloody cold and wet in the winter, when it was pissing down I just stayed focused and thought of my plan..

Many times I just ate out of a bag or the out of date food from the local Tesco to save pennies :hide chair:

I cannot even explain what other shit I had to do, and at the same time I was travelling to Russia nearly every 6/8 weeks on a micro budget :sick0012:

Not at one time was I even thinking about women, they were the last thing on my mind and didn't need any distractions or unwarranted extra costs..

When I did leave the finally it was with just £27.56p in my pocket and not even 0.02p savings, it was make or break..
A lot of people thought I was crazy, but finally Im the one with the last laugh.. tiphat
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!