The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: ChickenBrahs trip report  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Chickenbrah

ChickenBrahs trip report
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
So a bit of details

- Been to russia, only dated one girl, i was there for a month
- Decided to go and try out ukraine, as it is an easy place for me to gain temporary residency permit on a self employed basis , as opposed to Russia which is considerably harder and more expensive.
- Know nobody there, haven't been in the online dating game for a few months now, plan on returning in may after i get some good photos taken.
- Plan on going for 6 to 8 weeks, from July to September
- Not sure if i should book to go to kiev of kharkiv.
- Plan booking my tickets next week when i have had time to digest everything.
Plan on returning again in the Christmas period for 2 weeks. My schedule may look like 6-8 weeks summer, 2 weeks Christmas, with short trips here and there if i am in a relationship
- Aim of this trip would be just to go and see, get a feel of living in ukraine, before deciding if it is right for me. I will only move there if i find someone that i actually like a lot

dating sites i will use
Common pay monthly
VK (Yes, women do respond)
Mamba

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: ChickenBrahs trip report
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
Good fortune. I hope it works for you.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:10 PM »
Don't brits get 90 day visit visa waiver for Ukraine?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »

Yes we do, then we need to stay out for 3 months. It is good method short term, but if i had a relationship, long term i would need to move there, spend a few years, get to know the person really, then take the plunge with a marriage and kids.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
went on the site, browsed through 200 profiles my age group, focused only on pics to give me an idea. Saw 2 girls i fancied, hence why i prefer russia, larger bunch of women available. I am going to need to sign up to as many sites as possible.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
Not sure how it is today, but I would also consider Loveplanet.ru

Is active in both Russia and Ukraine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »

Yes we do, then we need to stay out for 3 months. It is good method short term, but if i had a relationship, long term i would need to move there, spend a few years, get to know the person really, then take the plunge with a marriage and kids.

That can really bugger up your life, neither in one place or the other.

Can I make a suggestion, by way of a question?
Are there any opportunities in Ukraine to have a job that gets you a 'proper' visa but where attendance for work is not mandatory? That used to be a possibility in Russia years ago and I know of people having done similar stuff in other countries. Of course such a thing is very much 'under the table' but possibly a language school might be able to help you? Either that or be a student, again a language school might be able to help you - that used to be a 'thing' in the UK. :)

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »

That can really bugger up your life, neither in one place or the other.

Can I make a suggestion, by way of a question?
Are there any opportunities in Ukraine to have a job that gets you a 'proper' visa but where attendance for work is not mandatory? That used to be a possibility in Russia years ago and I know of people having done similar stuff in other countries. Of course such a thing is very much 'under the table' but possibly a language school might be able to help you? Either that or be a student, again a language school might be able to help you - that used to be a 'thing' in the UK. :)

Thanks for the advice, i know a British law firm in Ukraine that will sort out everything, accounting fees, legal work, for around $300-400 a month. I could find a job, and pay them under the table for my papers, but for a few hundred, it wouldn't be worth it for me. Russia on the other hand, is $1500 a month, business registration, legal fees, accounting, not something i was willing to do. In all honesty, i see Russia as slightly better than ukraine, bigger population, less competition as guys are scared off by the visa fees. But what really matters is bringing my A game, focusing on my diet down for may, getting some good photos, and rolling up my sleeves. It will be harder, but doable.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
ChickenBrahs trip report
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »
I wish you success and good luck!

Online Maxx

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »

I don't know if this is helpful but Georgia is close by and they are very relaxed about long stays. You can stay up to a year without a visa with a renewal for another year by doing a quick border jump into and out of Armenia. A lot of Ukrainian women would love to tour Georgia. And starting a business here is very easy. It can officially be done in a matter of an hour or two. Learning English from a native speaker is desired. I've been asked and I have not asked about doing it.

Google: NomadCapitalist Georgia
http://nomadcapitalist.com/2014/12/03/georgia-one-capitalist-countries-world/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/17/pay-less-through-tax-residency-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/03/how-to-start-an-offshore-company-in-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/31/set-up-an-offshore-company-tbilisi-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/05/24/reasons-invest-georgia-tourism-industry/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/06/14/rent-apartment-in-tbilisi-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2016/07/27/how-i-bought-a-cattle-ranch-georgia/

http://nomadcapitalist.com/2015/12/21/easiest-place-to-open-a-bank-account/

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 01:04:16 AM »
I know a bit about Armenia, definitely has a higher ratio of marriage material women compared to russia/ukraine. But that being said, i would need to move there, which i am not willing to do. I may do in a decade or so, if i don't find anyone in russia or ukraine. Armenia is a cheap country, easily could buy a 5 bedroom house, big garden for under $50k, and i would probably reside in one of the villages.

But for short 6 to 8 weeks, not worth it. Girls date differently there, take their time with stuff, and if i do deflower a girl, and decide to abort, i could find myself in big trouble. One of my ex's friends contacted me, i got talking to him,he was telling me he could hook me up with virgins like my ex. I then received a message from her saying "if you tell him anything, i will make big problems for you". Her dad was connected on good terms with senior officers in her town, she told me if i ever got in trouble, he would sort it out no problem, plus he would help me with my papers. Thinking back now, i was lucky i made it out alive, luckily she wasn't the type of girl to hurt me, but not the same could be said about other women.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »
If you know all this stuff why are you here?

In other words spare us the BS and show us some proof of your deeds and abilities.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 01:24:21 AM »
If you know all this stuff why are you here?

In other words spare us the BS and show us some proof of your deeds and abilities.

I don't have many questions, dating is relatively simple, just go there with your A game, if i do get into a relationship, i may need help from the guys here though. As it is different from sustaining a relationship in the west. This is a journey for me, i am using it as something to work towards rather the find success on my first, second, third trip, i am going to let things happen naturally, and try and improve myself each time i step foot into the fsu. Now i am much better than my first trip, hopefully i can sustain that personal growth, and eventually meet someone that i love as much as they love me.

Online Maxx

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 01:48:59 AM »
This is a journey for me, i am using it as something to work towards rather the find success on my first, second, third trip, i am going to let things happen naturally, and try and improve myself each time i step foot into the fsu. Now i am much better than my first trip, hopefully i can sustain that personal growth, and eventually meet someone that i love as much as they love me.

I understand your methods. I am on a similar path.

Quite a knockout I'd say!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »

Cute female, do not know about the ping pong ball next to her.  :-X  She looks Tartar or perhaps Turkic.