The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Is this young Russian woman marriage material?

Yes, most guys would be happy and lucky to win her heart
2 (16.7%)
No, she's a Gold Digger and those w/ 1st hand knowledge know it
2 (16.7%)
Maybe, go out with her a few times and give her a chance to grow on you
5 (41.7%)
No, only go out with her once and then ditch her
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Is this young woman marriage material?  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Is this young woman marriage material?
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/et281UHNoOU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/et281UHNoOU</a>

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Is this young woman marriage material?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »

one of my favorite Russian video clips.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Boris

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »
#3...I have never been a one trip wonder....:-)))

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
#3...I have never been a one trip wonder....:-)))

although I already voted I'm leaning towards your answer. I didn't think she was a gold digger but do think she might like a bit of drama. always good to take plenty of time.  :evilgrin0002:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:43 AM »
Marriage material? Vote in case you haven't yet.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 02:26:48 AM »
always loved that clip  :chuckle:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:26 AM »
I'm voting golddigger. She's dating way above her social standard, lies about her living conditions and has a marriage in her head even before first-date.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 03:32:12 AM »
Yet a girl that goes and sucks an out of shape guys 15 years older than her, is a quality woman. Right......... Stop being being so salty, she is of the league of most of the guys here, she deserves the best she can get. She found a well off guy, who is smart, are women not allowed to be in lust with great men?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 03:45:34 AM »
Yet a girl that goes and sucks an out of shape guys 15 years older than her, is a quality woman. Right......... Stop being being so salty, she is of the league of most of the guys here, she deserves the best she can get. She found a well off guy, who is smart, are women not allowed to be in lust with great men?

This woman is not out of league of most of the guys with marriages here. The singer might, but the woman she portrays in the clip isn't

Plus my wife looks way better than her, even if she can't sing, she can cook like a goddess.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 03:47:13 AM »

This woman is not out of league of most of the guys with marriages here. The singer might, but the woman she portrays in the clip isn't

Plus my wife looks way better than her, even if she can't sing, she can cook like a goddess.

Whatever you say broksi. She is stunning, not need to be salty.my mother also says I am the most handsome man ever, she never lies right?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 05:11:28 AM »

Whatever you say broksi. She is stunning, not need to be salty.my mother also says I am the most handsome man ever, she never lies right?

Check out the weight-watchers thread... Pics of me/wife are in there ;-)
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 05:57:20 AM »

Check out the weight-watchers thread... Pics of me/wife are in there ;-)

You can post a photo on here. You made the comment.i am just being honest, this girl is pretty, and deserves the best she can get. That does not mean a middle aged man earning $100k a year, and goes to the gym twice a week. I know these women, because I talk to them, they are not financial pots, they want the best man they can get. If that means a young wealthy, decent looking guy, then so be it. How many of you guys can go toe to toe with this man? Yes you may earn more than him, but realistically, do you compete physically? These women want more than just money. And with this man, they get that.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 06:42:09 AM »
Enjoying a romantic trip on skiing vacation:

OO===[][]===OO

Offline yankee

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 06:44:36 AM »
Do you guys let your woman wear shoes?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 06:45:50 AM »

Not louboutins, thats for sure... I like my women without bloody noses  :ROFL:
OO===[][]===OO

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »

Stunning? Pfff! She's ok, but just average if you ask me. There would have to be something really special about her personality for me to book a flight to go see her. And I'm also guessing by just looking at her that she's the type who would not be able to hold that figure past her mid 20's. Expect her to pack on the pounds after that!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »
I'm voting golddigger. She's dating way above her social standard, lies about her living conditions and has a marriage in her head even before first-date.

I dunno.  I did like the Paul Klee reproduction.  I also think, as a group, we are being FAR too serious about a comedy clip.

...this girl is pretty, and deserves the best she can get. That does not mean a middle aged man earning $100k a year, and goes to the gym twice a week. I know these women, because I talk to them, they are not financial pots, they want the best man they can get. If that means a young wealthy, decent looking guy, then so be it. How many of you guys can go toe to toe with this man? Yes you may earn more than him, but realistically, do you compete physically? These women want more than just money. And with this man, they get that.

One thing you haven't learned yet, because you're still a young guy, is that there are basically three groups of young women.

A.  Those who want a man who is no older that they are by ~4 years.  Anything older is "grody" or whatever the kids say these days. 

B.  Women who are open to a relationship with an older man, but prefer a man close to their age.

C.  Women who actively prefer an older man.

The first group is the largest, let's say half.  Then the next group is 30%, which leaves about 20% in the last group.  Whatever the percents don't matter.  The point is that they're out their and, if one is an older man who prefers younger partners, then it's up to one to find them.  They tend to keep it on the down low, because the girls in the first group shame them for their preferences.

Not louboutins, thats for sure... I like my women without bloody noses  :ROFL:

Well played, Markje.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Chickenbrah

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

...this girl is pretty, and deserves the best she can get. That does not mean a middle aged man earning $100k a year, and goes to the gym twice a week. I know these women, because I talk to them, they are not financial pots, they want the best man they can get. If that means a young wealthy, decent looking guy, then so be it. How many of you guys can go toe to toe with this man? Yes you may earn more than him, but realistically, do you compete physically? These women want more than just money. And with this man, they get that.

One thing you haven't learned yet, because you're still a young guy, is that there are basically three groups of young women.

A.  Those who want a man who is no older that they are by ~4 years.  Anything older is "grody" or whatever the kids say these days. 

B.  Women who are open to a relationship with an older man, but prefer a man close to their age.

The first group is the largest, let's say half.  Then the next group is 30%, which leaves about 20% in the last group.  Whatever the percents don't matter.  The point is that they're out their and, if one is an older man who prefers younger partners, then it's up to one to find them.  They tend to keep it on the down low, because the girls in the first group shame them for their preferences.

Yes, majority of the women that seek older men are interested in the financial comfort. Twist it how you like, but those women are bigger gold diggers than the woman in this video.

Don't forget some of these women lack options, they are probably not that attractive for local guys, let alone young foreigners, or have kids which puts off many men. Their lack of choice gives them two choices , give up going to the West, or pursue an older man.

If a woman is beautiful enough find a half decent looking man, who is wealthy, and gets excited over that. In my eyes, there is nothing wrong. I am far from rich, I hold nothing against these women that maximise what they can get.

End of story

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 11:22:31 PM »
Yes, majority of the women that seek older men are interested in the financial comfort. Twist it how you like, but those women are bigger gold diggers than the woman in this video.

This, in the legal biz, is what we call a "declarative statement". 

Also the video is a comedy piece, and as I noted above, many here are taking it far too literally.

Don't forget some of these women lack options, they are probably not that attractive for local guys, let alone young foreigners, or have kids which puts off many men. Their lack of choice gives them two choices , give up going to the West, or pursue an older man.

That's your version of the "official narrative".  There are some women who simply prefer older men.  That's not just Slavs, it's women on this side of the pond also.  One simply has to be able to read the signs.  You can say "Oh, they're all just gold diggers with no other options", but that doesn't make it so.   

If a woman is beautiful enough find a half decent looking man, who is wealthy, and gets excited over that. In my eyes, there is nothing wrong. I am far from rich, I hold nothing against these women that maximise what they can get.

I like to say that everyone cuts their own deal.  Beyond that, you would be surprised at the breadth and depth of human desire.  But right now, you're a young guy and you see things with the certainty of the young.  Me?  I've been in this field of poppies a long time.  And if you live long enough, you will see everything.

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 04:15:05 AM »

End of story

The irony here, is that whilst you slam the women/older guys and accuse them using cash as bait, you can only spend months in the gym hoping you find a vain young lady, willing to give you a turn because you're in shape. It bothers you that you have nothing else to offer and seeing an older bloke with a young hotty fills you with jealousy and resentment.

From where I'm sitting, both strategies are completely flawed unless the people in the relationship are honest with themselves.

Offline Boris

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 06:34:07 AM »
BB...

I like to say that everyone cuts their own deal.  Beyond that, you would be surprised at the breadth and depth of human desire. But right now, you're a young guy and you see things with the certainty of the young. Me?  I've been in this field of poppies a long time.  And if you live long enough, you will see everything.

^^^

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 07:42:48 AM »
As I have said many, many times before, this is about a package, a balance.

Our young friend here can offer more of something that bb offers less of and bb offers more of another attribute than Chickenbrah does. If either were to lead ONLY with the attribute that they have a preponderance of then both would have less success than a bloke who offers a good mix and balance of attributes.

The trick with ANY woman and ANY kind of relationship is to figure out the optimal blend of attributes to present. Get that right and, as long as one can offer the required attributes, then 'bingo bango' we have a winner.

Some women really do prefer a preponderance of looks in the package mix. Some women really do prefer a preponderance of money in the package mix.

A big mistake that many blokes make is thinking that the only two attributes that a woman responds to are money and looks. They absolutely are not! Truth is that, for most women, neither of these factors are even the most important.

In the past I have said that if you want a woman to love you then find out what she really needs and give it to her - keep on giving it and she will be yours forever.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
The trick with ANY woman and ANY kind of relationship is to figure out the optimal blend of attributes to present. Get that right and, as long as one can offer the required attributes, then 'bingo bango' we have a winner.

Right idea, but I think it's more finding the pool of women who respond to your particular blend, and then selecting a partner or partners from that group.

A big mistake that many blokes make is thinking that the only two attributes that a woman responds to are money and looks. They absolutely are not!

Indeed.  Confidence, intellect, height.  Many factors.

B/B

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 03:30:31 PM »

Right idea, but I think it's more finding the pool of women who respond to your particular blend, and then selecting a partner or partners from that group.

A big mistake that many blokes make is thinking that the only two attributes that a woman responds to are money and looks. They absolutely are not!

Indeed.  Confidence, intellect, height.  Many factors.

How about magic hands? A very long agile tongue?  :chuckle:

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 04:02:41 PM »
How about magic hands? A very long agile tongue?  :chuckle:

A woman I know prefers older men because they "understand her body better" than younger guys.

You can take that as you will.

B/B