The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Wealthy British businessman 'murdered in Ukraine by internet bride  (Read 274 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
This happened some years ago, but it's a good reminder to get to know who you're going to marry.
Those that get married on blind faith, don't always get what they bargained for.

Wealthy British businessman 'murdered in Ukraine by internet bride who wanted to inherit his fortune'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wealthy-british-businessman-murdered-ukraine-9683672
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online msmoby

Re: 'slow' news day for TC
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
TC

If you really know FSU folk - you'd know the expression - You have to eat 50 tonnes of salt together to really know your partner..

Marriage IS an act of faith ..  and divorce can leave a wealthy guy - 'poorer' ..  or rich beyond his wildest dreams.. 

'Internet Bride' ... 'Mail order Bride' ..these expressions - to me - cheapen those who have derived pleasure from their FSU partners.

I always wonder why it's the perennially single folks who use such terms, with delight

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Wealthy British businessman 'murdered in Ukraine by internet bride
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:06:55 PM »
This is something I very agree with you. Their are very many very nice women in Ukraine. But still their also very many not so nice women in Ukraine. You really need to know the person you are marrying to very well. A loser is not someone who never got on the plane or that goes to an FSU country and come home empty handed but rather someone who goes and then loses most of everything he has.

Online dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 06:36:22 PM »
then loses most of everything he has.

The biggest loser is the one who ends up dead from the relationship (not from natural causes).   :GRAVE:

Online Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:57:19 PM »

Not such a good idea to marry a stripper and lap dancer. If I recall Shakespear's first RW wife was one of those. That didn't end too well either.   :party0011:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »
I seem to recall there is a thread about this on RUA. Plus we have the other thread of the English gentleman who dies in his own residence from carbon monoxide. He was as I recall in a Baltic country
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
Nothing like getting right back on the horse. At 38 years old, she is doing quite well for herself.

BLACK WIDOW'S POOLED AGAIN

Widow of Brit tycoon murdered in Ukraine is now living with second millionaire in Spain after death inquest

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2725097/widow-of-brit-businessman-murdered-in-ukraine-is-now-living-with-second-millionaire-in-spain/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.