The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hand Crafted Sandwiches ????  (Read 220 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Hand Crafted Sandwiches ????
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:16:14 AM »
Some times I wonder what is going on in the world.. :laugh:

Its bad enough walking about watching the brain dead walking around with a Costa Coffee in one hand and phone in the other.. I was thinking go maybe making some plastic product to strap around your waist with two plastic hands attached, one for your Costa coffee and one for your phone, it would leave two hands free a little like a "Hands free set"  :laugh:

Now everyone is using stupid names to fool the general public into thinking they are eating a superior cuisine  :laugh:

What the hell is a "Hand crafted sandwich"?? :'(  I have heard of hand crafted furniture , but a hand crafted sandwich..leave it out!! Every bloody sandwich is made by hand and has been for thousands of years..where does the "Crafted" bit suddenly come from?

Another thing I noticed is macDonalds are now doing a "Signature Collection"  :'( whats that all about , is it supposed to make you feel better coming from a housing estate sat eating the "Signature collection" it separates you from the rest of them does it?
MacDonalds is MacDonalds how ever you present it.. :sick0012:

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Hand Crafted Sandwiches ????
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:21:03 AM »
It's like twice-cooked chips, why not cook them properly the first time?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Hand Crafted Sandwiches ????
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:26:03 AM »

Nope, there I don't agree. Done nice they are really nice and different to ordinary chips. Ordinary chips are really nice too but different.

However, for the love of all that's holy, please reject the abomination that is sweet potato chips!

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:41:40 AM »

Nope, there I don't agree. Done nice they are really nice and different to ordinary chips. Ordinary chips are really nice too but different.

However, for the love of all that's holy, please reject the abomination that is sweet potato chips!

Was trying to explain the concept of the Chippy or Chip Shop to some Danish friends.

Impossible! 'So it's like a cafeteria' - No!!

No you can't eat on the premises (usually)

Every Brit has burnt his hand by touching the bit on the public-facing part of the fryer where it says 'Caution very hot: Do Not Touch'....

Still do it now to check how hot it is....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Gipsy

Re: Semi/Fully Automated Sandwiches ????
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:33:45 AM »

Its bad enough walking about watching the brain dead walking around with a Costa Coffee in one hand and phone in the other.. I was thinking go maybe making some plastic product to strap around your waist with two plastic hands attached, one for your Costa coffee and one for your phone, it would leave two hands free a little like a "Hands free set"  :laugh:

Now everyone is using stupid names to fool the general public into thinking they are eating a superior cuisine  :laugh:

What the hell is a "Hand crafted sandwich"?? :'(  I have heard of hand crafted furniture , but a hand crafted sandwich..leave it out!! Every bloody sandwich is made by hand and has been for thousands of years..where does the "Crafted" bit suddenly come from?

Another thing I noticed is macDonalds are now doing a "Signature Collection"  :'( whats that all about , is it supposed to make you feel better coming from a housing estate sat eating the "Signature collection" it separates you from the rest of them does it?

Incorrect...

I know of several factories in the UK who make sandwiches for the likes of BA, M&S, Tesco, Greggs, to name just a few, and to smaller outlets on railway stations/airports, all of which are made virtually automatically with very little manual input, though they also make many (of the more difficult to automate varieties) by hand, or semi-automated lines.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »

I thought everyone cooked there chips, (Steak Fries to Yanks and Frites to Cloggies) twice.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 05:04:14 PM »
What the hell is a "Hand crafted sandwich"??

I like "previously enjoyed" or "lightly used" in sales descriptions.  tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 11:05:51 PM »
 >:(

I thought everyone cooked there chips, (Steak Fries to Yanks and Frites to Cloggies) twice.

no

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:06 PM »
>:(

no

That explains allot.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Semi/Fully Automated Sandwiches ????
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »

Incorrect...

I know of several factories in the UK who make sandwiches for the likes of BA, M&S, Tesco, Greggs, to name just a few, and to smaller outlets on railway stations/airports, all of which are made virtually automatically with very little manual input, though they also make many (of the more difficult to automate varieties) by hand, or semi-automated lines.

That would be interesting to watch..cant imagine lettuce and prawns being automated. But any way they never had this a 100 years ago.. :laugh: