The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Belarus Becoming Visa Free For Many  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Belarus Becoming Visa Free For Many
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
I know what you mean.

Through the day like any city, it’s always really busy. In the evening, I’ve walked through the centre and it can feel quite quiet. That’s not a bad thing though and can make for a pleasant summer walk.

The centres nearly all newish buildings with wide roads, no litter and very clean. Most people working in the center will live in the suburbs so in the evening those on lower wages won’t be in the city unless they’re hanging out in the parks.

Don’t be fooled by the quiet appearance though. All the good bars, restaurants and music venues are always busy and booking ahead is advisable. Plenty girls too.
I'll add it to the list of places to visit, especially as I understand it's still in the Soviet state and it's probably one of the few areas to go to see much of it still in action today, even if under a different guise. I do hope it is actually busy in bars and the like, would hate to be the only sod there :GRRRR: :ROFL:
Yea there’s quite a few but then there always was during the time I’ve been with my wife. You get lots of Turks flying in to gamble, drink & chase local tale.
How does it work out for the Turks?

Offline Confederate

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 11:25:25 PM »
I know what you mean.

Through the day like any city, it’s always really busy. In the evening, I’ve walked through the centre and it can feel quite quiet. That’s not a bad thing though and can make for a pleasant summer walk.

The centres nearly all newish buildings with wide roads, no litter and very clean. Most people working in the center will live in the suburbs so in the evening those on lower wages won’t be in the city unless they’re hanging out in the parks.

Don’t be fooled by the quiet appearance though. All the good bars, restaurants and music venues are always busy and booking ahead is advisable. Plenty girls too.
I'll add it to the list of places to visit, especially as I understand it's still in the Soviet state and it's probably one of the few areas to go to see much of it still in action today, even if under a different guise. I do hope it is actually busy in bars and the like, would hate to be the only sod there :GRRRR: :ROFL:
Yea there’s quite a few but then there always was during the time I’ve been with my wife. You get lots of Turks flying in to gamble, drink & chase local tale.

They make up tales about the tail they never got. If it’s anything like Kiev sex tourists can find themselves in trouble if they upset certain types.  :)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 01:42:59 AM »

They make up tales about the tail they never got. If it’s anything like Kiev sex tourists can find themselves in trouble if they upset certain types.  :)

Well at least you spelt 'tail' correctly in the context of it's use .... horrible term

Now, if we can just get you to spell Kyiv as most Ukrainians would prefer it ...

We have sex tourists to Kyiv on here who return and experience no grief....

When were YOU last in the FSU ? ..... Clearly, like most subjects you post on - not recently ...   or was that your 'nephew'  :chuckle:

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 01:48:20 AM »
I know what you mean.

If you find yourself sitting in a bar with no girls to entertain, you’re most definitely in the wrong place. It’s a capital city with plenty quality venues.

I never noticed as many Turks last time but there were always plenty blokes coming through immigration, looking for a good time. My wife and some of her friends had absolutely no time for them and saw them as pushy sex tourists.

Others embraced it. I recall going out for dinner one night to an expensive restaurant and there were three Turkish blokes entertaining about 5 or 6 much younger girls. Where there’s money being thrown about and all that.

It was one of the guys birthdays and they were sitting not too far from us. They would look at me and give me the eyes as though I were having fun fishing in the same pond. They sent some champagne & birthday cake over to our table and I remember wanting to send it back.

Mrs Rosco suggested it would be very rude and in the end, the guys were actually decent enough.

Offline Tuotur

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 10:56:14 PM »
Oho, got all 'excited' - until I saw

1/ Applies to Minsk airport only

2/ NOT if routing via Minsk to / from  Russia... as they are considered domestic flights - so no border controls..

Not helpful for those VISA nationals seeking to transit to from / Russia :(

All information about the visa regime in Russia you can find here. In this country, laws change every week. Lol. Be careful)))

https://myvisatorussia.com/en/info/ - INFO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Russia VISA POLICY

Online msmoby

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2017, 01:19:11 AM »

All information about the visa regime in Russia you can find here. In this country, laws change every week. Lol. Be careful)))

[/quote]

Welcome!

Except I was talking about Belarus - not Russia )) 

As for Visa rules changing all the time - oh, how I know .....   Got caught by the temporary - must register in Russia within 24 hours - during the Confederation Cup 2017!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »

Well at least you spelt 'tail' correctly in the context of it's use .... horrible term

Now, if we can just get you to spell Kyiv as most Ukrainians would prefer it ...

When were YOU last in the FSU ? ..... Clearly, like most subjects you post on - not recently ...   or was that your 'nephew'  :chuckle:
right, and please spell The Hague correctly. its 's-Gravenhage in Dutch
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2017, 02:45:03 AM »

Trolling much Moby?

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »
Not a single one of my hundreds of Ukrainian friends and family (from all over the center/centre, north, south and east) could give a toss how you spell Kiev/Kyiv.
We don't need spelling nazis here do we?? I don't care that North Americans can't spell english words either   :popcorn:

Online msmoby

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 01:10:17 AM »
How it is spelt is most important to many ..

Kiev

http://www.infoukes.com/faq/kyiv-2/

or Kyiv

https://wikitravel.org/en/Kyiv

A little like someone - like me - over 10 years ago ( use of 'The' Ukraine ) ..

In an era when UA is pushing it's own language - the continued use of the RU transliterated version is either ignorant or making a point...

Offline Manny

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:18 AM »
Now, if we can just get you to spell Kyiv Kiev as most Ukrainians would prefer it ...

Most people more readily recognise Kiev.

Where is the evidence for "most Ukrainians" anyway? This from a bloke who thinks Crimea and Donbass are still in Ukraine.  :whist11:
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »

Welcome!

Except I was talking about Belarus - not Russia )) 

As for Visa rules changing all the time - oh, how I know .....   Got caught by the temporary - must register in Russia within 24 hours - during the Confederation Cup 2017!
[/quote]

But you haven't been caught yet working kind of on a business visa... :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Confederate

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 08:14:38 AM »
Not a single one of my hundreds of Ukrainian friends and family (from all over the center/centre, north, south and east) could give a toss how you spell Kiev/Kyiv.
We don't need spelling nazis here do we?? I don't care that North Americans can't spell english words either   :popcorn:

As an American I spell it Kiev because most in the West recognize it that way. I’m not trying to take sides between Russia and Ukraine. However if it irritates Noby to write Kiev then I must be doing it right.  :chuckle:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
No-one in Dublin calls it Baile Átha Cliath either!

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

As an American I spell it Kiev because most in the West recognize it that way. I’m not trying to take sides between Russia and Ukraine. However if it irritates Noby to write Kiev then I must be doing it right.  :chuckle:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!