The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Quiz: Which famous Western figures had wives from Russia?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Wiz

Re: Quiz: Which famous Western figures had wives from Russia?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 05:16:01 AM »
Quiz: Which famous Western figures had wives from Russia?

http://rbth.com/arts/2016/12/27/quiz-which-famous-western-figures-had-wives-from-russia_668718

Hi TC

Just wondering ... are you an old bugger. a pensioner like me or you are still working?
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »

http://rbth.com/arts/2016/12/27/quiz-which-famous-western-figures-had-wives-from-russia_668718

Hi TC

Just wondering ... are you an old bugger. a pensioner like me or you are still working?

TC is still in "the youth of old age" his fifties and working. Forties are "the old age of youth" according to some long past sage. TC and I spoke on the phone election night.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »

Hi TC

TC is still in "the youth of old age" his fifties and working. Forties are "the old age of youth" according to some long past sage. TC and I spoke on the phone election night.

Thanks Max

Reason I asked is ... where he finds the time to read so many articles that he posts links over here.....?

I am retired but still can't read the volume of articles he reads and posts.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:19:27 PM »

Hi TC

Thanks Max

Reason I asked is ... where he finds the time to read so many articles that he posts links over here.....?

I am retired but still can't read the volume of articles he reads and posts.

With a smartphone and the internet, I can always find a few minutes to catch up on a little reading.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.