The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Filipino House cleaner?  (Read 380 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Filipino House cleaner?
« on: December 16, 2016, 09:47:11 AM »
What is it with the Filipino cleaner that makes so many expats feel the need for one?? Is to some kind of status symbol or just laziness to get on your hands and knees sometimes?

And why would anyone want a "Filipino cleaner" to clean a 40q m apartment??  :sick0012:

Even worse many expats will spend their evening out discussing with other expats "How good" their Filipino is...  :rolleye0009:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Filipino House cleaner?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:36:00 AM »
If it's anything like China, coz she cleans their pipes out as well most likely.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:07:21 AM »
What is it with the Filipino cleaner that makes so many expats feel the need for one?? Is to some kind of status symbol or just laziness to get on your hands and knees sometimes?

And why would anyone want a "Filipino cleaner" to clean a 40q m apartment??  :sick0012:

Even worse many expats will spend their evening out discussing with other expats "How good" their Filipino is...  :rolleye0009:

They are Catholic and have some degree of American English fluency due both to education and their insane thirst for knowledge about American celebrities.  They get along well with people, usually, and smile often, and work hard. 

I don't know why a 40sqm flat would need to be cleaned a lot.
Anchors Rewoven

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:15:32 AM »
Had a Sri Lankan lady in Cyprus..but I was living alone..

Moby hates housework - but likes cleanliness  :chuckle:

I'm with steveboy [ :o ]

It is a little weird ..  I paid my lady over the odds and picked her up and took her back  to her place... she supported her family back home

Offline Danchik

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 03:57:04 AM »
I have run across a few Filipino girls here in Moscow, but really they are few and far between. I met a sister team where one cleans and the other irons all your clothes at a 1000ru a pop.

Yes, their English skill is what sets them apart, along with a certain trust factor compared to any competitor, e.g. Tajik, Uzbek, Kazakh.

English speaking Russians are quite familiar with their services and employ and recommend them also.

As far as keeping a 40sq m flat clean, well, try it sometime. My little bit bigger flat is easy to clean, but difficult to keep that way. And after a 10 hour day navigating Moscow, the last thing I want to do is clean my flat. That's what g/f's are for. :chuckle:
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:45:02 AM »
I have run across a few Filipino girls here in Moscow, but really they are few and far between. I met a sister team where one cleans and the other irons all your clothes at a 1000ru a pop.

Yes, their English skill is what sets them apart, along with a certain trust factor compared to any competitor, e.g. Tajik, Uzbek, Kazakh.

English speaking Russians are quite familiar with their services and employ and recommend them also.

As far as keeping a 40sq m flat clean, well, try it sometime. My little bit bigger flat is easy to clean, but difficult to keep that way. And after a 10 hour day navigating Moscow, the last thing I want to do is clean my flat. That's what g/f's are for. :chuckle:

Interesting Dan.  You would figure the Central Asians would be trustworthy due to such a conservative religious upbringing (Muslim obviously).  I did read somewhere that a lot of the crime in Russia is due to Central Asian migrants and that is what makes Belarus safer for example.  Interesting info. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:21:43 AM »
What is it with the Filipino cleaner that makes so many expats feel the need for one??

Because they are the best organ cleaners?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 07:22:28 AM »
Yes BUT what if you have some kinky stuff laying about ? like a but plug, blow up doll or anything else ? Would you want her going through your draws ( Im talking about wooden draws  :ROFL: ) and knowing what a sordid sex life you had? :laugh:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
Yes BUT what if you have some kinky stuff laying about ? like a but plug, blow up doll or anything else ? Would you want her going through your draws ( Im talking about wooden draws  :ROFL: ) and knowing what a sordid sex life you had? :laugh:

You never know, she might enjoy joining in...  :hidechair:

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 12:56:39 PM »
A Filipino is generally a man, maybe u guys mean a Filipina?

Unless ur all gaymen?

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Maxx

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 01:04:21 PM »

I knew that.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »

Unless ur all gaymen?

Filipino
/ˌfɪlɪˈpiːnəʊ/

adjective

1. Relating to the Philippines, the Filipinos, or their language.

noun

1. A native or inhabitant of the Philippines, or a person of Filipino descent.

2. The national language of the Philippines, a standardized form of Tagalog.

Google results can be interesting, especially when there is no gender relationship to a word... :coffeeread:

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:21 AM »

Unless ur all gaymen?

Everyone is gay nowadays  :laugh: