The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Green Card coming to a lottery near you soon..  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Russian Green Card coming to a lottery near you soon..
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:51:36 AM »
Can't imagine anything much less desirable...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »

Why??? Its boring in Western Europe. I could never live in Denmark its like where you go to retire , smoke your pipe and sit in from of the fire with your slippers on after a pint?

Offline yankee

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »

It would make going and coming for married folks easier.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 11:47:53 PM »

Why??? Its boring in Western Europe. I could never live in Denmark its like where you go to retire , smoke your pipe and sit in from of the fire with your slippers on after a pint?

Do you not have a residence permit already??
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 11:50:34 PM »

It would make going and coming for married folks easier.

It seems to be only for those who wish to reside permanently in Russia...

Americans can now get a multi-entry 3 year visitors visa, which makes for much easier visiting...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:14 AM »

quote author=Steveboy link=topic=26179.msg4545[43#msg454543 date=1481915338]
[/quote]

Moby is not into city living - but I'd take Copenhagen over Moscow - any day.. [ S.C lived there 20 plus years and feels the same ]     Piter.. is a great place to visit  ..  Moby  bought PC components from Denmark [!] and regularly flew Ryanair to 'Malmo' Sturup and hired a car in Sweden - just so he could cross THAT bridge..

However, if the Green card allowed me to live in the hills above Sochi ....... I'd fly drones, try to learn to ski - again - and teach sailing whist learning to make Black honey, popping into the local micro brewery bar for a pint  with the 'dog'  .....Might have to send S.C to Thailand from Jan to March - as she doesn't like the cold and Sochi is suffering a freakishly cold winter..Bliss.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:07:27 AM »
I would very much like to have a method that doesn't add $200 on every time I visit my inlaws in Crimea.

The only downside of the transition from Ukr. to Rus.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 04:23:26 AM »

I would very much like to have a method that doesn't add $200 on every time I visit my inlaws in Crimea.

The only downside of the transition from Ukr. to Rus.

I see - so the cost - now in Roubles haven't gone through the roof ?! ...Crimea is more expensive than neighbouring Krasnodar Krai ..
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 06:13:36 AM »
Does Russia need immigrants? Are they looking to transform those wide open spaces into a multiculty hellhole?
 :-\

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 07:26:41 AM »

No I have been here illegally for years.. problem is anytime I decide to travel I need to crawl through a few hedges and swim through a few rivers to exit the country.. :chuckle:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »

No I have been here illegally for years.. problem is anytime I decide to travel I need to crawl through a few hedges and swim through a few rivers to exit the country.. :chuckle:

Watch out for them  :censored: ing Icebergs, look at what they did to the "Titanic", you'll have no chance against them.. :ROFL:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »

Watch out for them  :censored: ing Icebergs, look at what they did to the "Titanic", you'll have no chance against them.. :ROFL:

I can't swim... :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 09:17:35 AM »

What will you do if you get seriously ill or infirm? Pretty sure Russian Gov. won't help and neither will UK if you've been out so long. No free ride in UK anymore...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

What will you do if you get seriously ill or infirm? Pretty sure Russian Gov. won't help and neither will UK if you've been out so long. No free ride in UK anymore...

I will cross that bridge should it happen..I don't think of that kind of stuff, if you do you never land up doing anything in life other than sitting being content. Its a little like not flying incase the plane comes down. What ever happens in life I will solve it , thats more important for me.
I guess if i woke up with a brain tumour tomorrow I would return to the Uk and die somewhere over there, it life :(

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 09:51:37 AM »

Of course I could always go get a sun tan , catch the Euro express to London and claim to be homeless or a be a Fakeugee. That would solve it... :laugh:  Probably get good hospital treatment AND a 3 bedroom house :laugh:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 10:00:05 AM »

Somebody really need to re-check their facts... :coffeeread:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »
I see - so the cost - now in Roubles haven't gone through the roof ?! ...Crimea is more expensive than neighbouring Krasnodar Krai ..
My inlaws don't live in Krasnodar Krai.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »

Somebody really need to re-check their facts... :coffeeread:

I don't see how you can move away to another country with just the thought of "What happens if" Its a very negative way of thinking, can you imagine if every one thought like this? Humans would never land on the moon..there would be no chance of space travel, cos that makes you go blind..What if they got ill on the moon?

Think positive  :thumbsup:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 10:21:49 AM »

I don't see how you can move away to another country with just the thought of "What happens if" Its a very negative way of thinking, can you imagine if every one thought like this? Humans would never land on the moon..there would be no chance of space travel, cos that makes you go blind..What if they got ill on the moon?

Think positive  :thumbsup:

Did they, or was it all more US propaganda??

:ROFL:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 11:11:42 AM »
There would be no USA now if everyone was a pessimist ? I mean it took three months to just sail over there! And when they arrived there was NO medical services. Do you think these people thought "Well what happens if I get ill?" or "What happens if I get the shits?"  :ROFL:

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 12:28:38 PM »
There would be no USA now if everyone was a pessimist ? I mean it took three months to just sail over there! And when they arrived there was NO medical services. Do you think these people thought "Well what happens if I get ill?" or "What happens if I get the shits?"  :ROFL:
I think having the shits was pretty much the norm.  :chuckle:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 07:58:51 PM »
No I have been here illegally for years.. problem is anytime I decide to travel I need to crawl through a few hedges and swim through a few rivers to exit the country..

I was lead to believe you have the Uranus 928.B (TT~CB) an intergalatic warp drive time traveler with cyber body freezing?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »
No I have been here illegally for years.. problem is anytime I decide to travel I need to crawl through a few hedges and swim through a few rivers to exit the country..

I was lead to believe you have the Uranus 928.B (TT~CB) an intergalatic warp drive time traveler with cyber body freezing?

Made in China of course.. :laugh:
That model is not made in Russia.. ;D

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 06:03:59 AM »

I wish! Unfortunately I have to take the local trolly bus and at some time die with the rest of the people. :(