The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Don't get ripped off...  (Read 889 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Don't get ripped off...
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »
To back up Ste is right!

Corruption and the like does not really happen in Denmark. If it does it is mostly quickly taken care of and shortly in the media then gone and adressed accordingly.

You can walk on the streets late at night and be safe. Unless you are the one attracting any problem that comes around like the usual weekend party in every city.

Back in the late '80s I was in Tivoli Copenhagen and dropped my wallet somewhere. I was pissed as I had a key for a Honda CD50 moped in it. But a few days later I went back and everything was still there.

Forward to the late '90s on a Friday and payday on my way home from work. I paid some bills and what not ready to go. I did not come very far and what was that I passed?

A black wallet! I looked into it and it had drivers license, money and all details in it. I can still recall the dudes name. In any case I took a note and went to the police station in the other direction to hand it in which I did.

Also FB kind of keeps people together for the same course. We had a missing 18 year old girl since July and finally found dead 24 December. The support from people has been nothing but amazing.

Just yesterday someone posted a FB message saying he was searching for a stolen Yamaha moped he build for his son. Now it had at least 20-to 30 sharings in different groups in able to locate it.

No you can trust people here and count on certain things happen like they should. Public transport is mostly always on time and no fake taxis and the like.

Most importantly no gun laws as such. In Denmark we can live in peace!

That peace will be very short lived I think.. just take a ferry a few miles away and you will see whats heading your way..

https://www.rt.com/news/373853-sweden-no-go-zones-gangs/
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Yes but it is media and they are already aware of it and taking action adressing the point!

If you look for trouble anywhere you find it even on the internet.

If you go by media you should be scared to live and some people are!

Its not like looking at the mafia blocking the roads to the beach in Odessa on youtube. Police should arrest them and charge them. In Denmark gangs are taken care of and Sweden will too. Besides media sells the bad news and that is rather sad but hey its news.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:02 PM »
Yes but it is media and they are already aware of it and taking action adressing the point!

If you look for trouble anywhere you find even on the internet.

I spent two weeks in Sweden last year 10 days in in Gothenburg. I can tell you for sure I was shocked and will never ever wish to visit, its just EXACTLY how the media says. I sat on the busses full of half wits from every corner of Africa with their loud mouths , whilst the local OAP's sit with their eyes to the ground out of fear..

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

I spent two weeks in Sweden last year 10 days in in Gothenburg. I can tell you for sure I was shocked and will never ever wish to visit, its just EXACTLY how the media says. I sat on the busses full of half wits from every corner of Africa with their loud mouths , whilst the local OAP's sit with their eyes to the ground out of fear..

There is some media manipulation but overall the original Swedes are in fear as you said.

Online Mr strange

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »

Then try 10 days in Copenhagen and experience the difference!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »

Then try 10 days in Copenhagen and experience the difference!

Aaa but Copenhagen is full of lefties ? Cross dressers and all other types ...lol I noticed your avatar is a sexy women? Its you after a sex change?

:ROFL:  Only kidding:)

Online Mr strange

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment. But not me.

What have you got against cross dressers?

You find all sorts of people but we are very civilized compared to other countries and compared to US our national debt is long gone.

Though if you are looking for Christina place in Copenhagen there are no more hash sales. Police has raided pusherstreet long ago.

Online Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 01:37:56 AM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment. But not me.

What have you got against cross dressers?

You find all sorts of people but we are very civilized compared to other countries and compared to US our national debt is long gone.

Though if you are looking for Christina place in Copenhagen there are no more hash sales. Police has raided pusherstreet long ago.

But they're selling outside Christianshavn Metro station now!

Walking home a few nights ago, -4c, the ice cream van (isvogn?) is out selling ice cream - no thanks but very Danish!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 02:08:32 AM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment.

I can tell you that she is apparently called Anastasia - from Odesa- and removed her quite old profile - from 'loveme'com' ..

She must have found 'Mr Right' ? ;)

Online Mr strange

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »

I can tell you that she is apparently called Anastasia - from Odesa- and removed her quite old profile - from 'loveme'com' ..

That is a rather long story but I am sorry I can't comment on that one at this point. For the sake of privacy!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2017, 06:10:32 AM »

Are you sure its not a sex toy sat on the beach? looks like it to me.. :chuckle:

Online Mr strange

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 06:59:31 AM »

Depends on your thinking head!

Are you sure its not a sex toy sat on the beach? looks like it to me.. :chuckle: