The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Don't get ripped off...  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Don't get ripped off...
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
If your ever needing something repaired , TV, laptop, PC or anything in fact always be carful who you invite into your apartment to have a look , better still NEVER invite any local firms to come and give you an estimate unless absolutely necessary..

If you need to you should always:

1. Close every door in your apartment to be sure there is no prying eyes.

2. Set up a table and chair in the hallway for the person to sit on and check your faulty item, if its a bit chilly tough. And do not let them have access to any other room in the apartment, even the loo..say its not working! Cos if your using Andrex to wipe your *** their fee will be bigger.. :ROFL:

3. Never ever let that person take anything away unless the price is agreed in writing , be absolutely sure of this.

4. Make sure your other half if you have one is ruthless with anyone coming to give a so called estimate.

I am very careful but needed a rush fix this week and nearly got ripped off.. lucky the wife is able to kill very easy :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Don't get ripped off...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:44:07 PM »
So glad I live in Denmark lol!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »

No its worse for you! You have a good chance of being radicalised by any visitors.... :laugh: You could also go out to buy a bacon sandwich and get home only to realise the bacon has been replaced with some other shit.. :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 01:15:25 PM »

No its worse for you! You have a good chance of being radicalised by any visitors.... :laugh: You could also go out to buy a bacon sandwich and get home only to realise the bacon has been replaced with some other shit.. :laugh:

Nah, not here, people here are honest, least corrupt county in the world.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »

Mmmmmmm way to close to Germany for my liking I'll take a little dishonesty and corruption thanks than to be living a few miles from Germany any day.. :chuckle:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
If your ever needing something repaired , TV, laptop, PC or anything in fact always be carful who you invite into your apartment to have a look , better still NEVER invite any local firms to come and give you an estimate unless absolutely necessary..

2. Set up a table and chair in the hallway for the person to sit on and check your faulty item, if its a bit chilly tough. And do not let them have access to any other room in the apartment, even the loo..say its not working! Cos if your using Andrex to wipe your *** their fee will be bigger.. :ROFL:

3. Never ever let that person take anything away unless the price is agreed in writing , be absolutely sure of this.

4. Make sure your other half if you have one is ruthless with anyone coming to give a so called estimate.

I am very careful but needed a rush fix this week and nearly got ripped off.. lucky the wife is able to kill very easy :laugh:

Its the same the whole world over, its the poor who get the blame, its the rich who get the pleasures, ain't it all a  :censored: ing shame...

:ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »

Just because they will pick-pocket you and steal your wallet, remove all the cash and cards, then stop you and hand it back saying that you dropped it, does NOT make them honest..  :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »

Remind us where you live, again ? :coffeeread:

I am happy to hand over kit to someone that comes recommended, takes credit cards - payment in advance - and gives a receipt - ties the goods to the repairer

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
I got a good deal in the end.. a few words and threat with the lawyer to the manager from the ratty wife and all solved... service and clean for my pc free of charge tiphat

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »

Just because they will pick-pocket you and steal your wallet, remove all the cash and cards, then stop you and hand it back saying that you dropped it, does NOT make them honest..  :ROFL:

Well, I can sit outside the pub on Vesterbrogade, right opposite Tivoli main entrance, leave my MacBook Pro on the table 100% sure it will still be there after getting beer/having a piss/shit.

It's just normal.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

Well, I can sit outside the pub on Vesterbrogade, right opposite Tivoli main entrance, leave my MacBook Pro on the table 100% sure it will still be there after getting beer/having a piss/shit.

It's just normal.

Prove it??? This weekend take some pics or video of it left on the table , go for a beer and see if its still there 30 mins later ??
 :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 10:56:15 AM »

It's just normal.

Can you give me the exact address where you will be leaving it and what time?  :ROFL:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 03:53:40 PM »

I am happy to hand over kit to someone that comes recommended, takes credit cards - payment in advance - and gives a receipt - ties the goods to the repairer

Erm, who is ripping who off...... :coffeeread:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 08:14:19 AM »

Well I know that! just like your happy to discuss anything with any "Tom dick and harry " Lefties trust everyone  :thumbsup:

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:03 AM »
To back up Ste is right!

Corruption and the like does not really happen in Denmark. If it does it is mostly quickly taken care of and shortly in the media then gone and adressed accordingly.

You can walk on the streets late at night and be safe. Unless you are the one attracting any problem that comes around like the usual weekend party in every city.

Back in the late '80s I was in Tivoli Copenhagen and dropped my wallet somewhere. I was pissed as I had a key for a Honda CD50 moped in it. But a few days later I went back and everything was still there.

Forward to the late '90s on a Friday and payday on my way home from work. I paid some bills and what not ready to go. I did not come very far and what was that I passed?

A black wallet! I looked into it and it had drivers license, money and all details in it. I can still recall the dudes name. In any case I took a note and went to the police station in the other direction to hand it in which I did.

Also FB kind of keeps people together for the same course. We had a missing 18 year old girl since July and finally found dead 24 December. The support from people has been nothing but amazing.

Just yesterday someone posted a FB message saying he was searching for a stolen Yamaha moped he build for his son. Now it had at least 20-to 30 sharings in different groups in able to locate it.

No you can trust people here and count on certain things happen like they should. Public transport is mostly always on time and no fake taxis and the like.

Most importantly no gun laws as such. In Denmark we can live in peace!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 11:07:46 AM »
To back up Ste is right!

Corruption and the like does not really happen in Denmark. If it does it is mostly quickly taken care of and shortly in the media then gone and adressed accordingly.

You can walk on the streets late at night and be safe. Unless you are the one attracting any problem that comes around like the usual weekend party in every city.

Back in the late '80s I was in Tivoli Copenhagen and dropped my wallet somewhere. I was pissed as I had a key for a Honda CD50 moped in it. But a few days later I went back and everything was still there.

Forward to the late '90s on a Friday and payday on my way home from work. I paid some bills and what not ready to go. I did not come very far and what was that I passed?

A black wallet! I looked into it and it had drivers license, money and all details in it. I can still recall the dudes name. In any case I took a note and went to the police station in the other direction to hand it in which I did.

Also FB kind of keeps people together for the same course. We had a missing 18 year old girl since July and finally found dead 24 December. The support from people has been nothing but amazing.

Just yesterday someone posted a FB message saying he was searching for a stolen Yamaha moped he build for his son. Now it had at least 20-to 30 sharings in different groups in able to locate it.

No you can trust people here and count on certain things happen like they should. Public transport is mostly always on time and no fake taxis and the like.

Most importantly no gun laws as such. In Denmark we can live in peace!

That peace will be very short lived I think.. just take a ferry a few miles away and you will see whats heading your way..

https://www.rt.com/news/373853-sweden-no-go-zones-gangs/

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »
Yes but it is media and they are already aware of it and taking action adressing the point!

If you look for trouble anywhere you find it even on the internet.

If you go by media you should be scared to live and some people are!

Its not like looking at the mafia blocking the roads to the beach in Odessa on youtube. Police should arrest them and charge them. In Denmark gangs are taken care of and Sweden will too. Besides media sells the bad news and that is rather sad but hey its news.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 12:10:02 PM »
Yes but it is media and they are already aware of it and taking action adressing the point!

If you look for trouble anywhere you find even on the internet.

I spent two weeks in Sweden last year 10 days in in Gothenburg. I can tell you for sure I was shocked and will never ever wish to visit, its just EXACTLY how the media says. I sat on the busses full of half wits from every corner of Africa with their loud mouths , whilst the local OAP's sit with their eyes to the ground out of fear..

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

I spent two weeks in Sweden last year 10 days in in Gothenburg. I can tell you for sure I was shocked and will never ever wish to visit, its just EXACTLY how the media says. I sat on the busses full of half wits from every corner of Africa with their loud mouths , whilst the local OAP's sit with their eyes to the ground out of fear..

There is some media manipulation but overall the original Swedes are in fear as you said.

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »

Then try 10 days in Copenhagen and experience the difference!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »

Then try 10 days in Copenhagen and experience the difference!

Aaa but Copenhagen is full of lefties ? Cross dressers and all other types ...lol I noticed your avatar is a sexy women? Its you after a sex change?

:ROFL:  Only kidding:)

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment. But not me.

What have you got against cross dressers?

You find all sorts of people but we are very civilized compared to other countries and compared to US our national debt is long gone.

Though if you are looking for Christina place in Copenhagen there are no more hash sales. Police has raided pusherstreet long ago.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 01:37:56 AM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment. But not me.

What have you got against cross dressers?

You find all sorts of people but we are very civilized compared to other countries and compared to US our national debt is long gone.

Though if you are looking for Christina place in Copenhagen there are no more hash sales. Police has raided pusherstreet long ago.

But they're selling outside Christianshavn Metro station now!

Walking home a few nights ago, -4c, the ice cream van (isvogn?) is out selling ice cream - no thanks but very Danish!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 02:08:32 AM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment.

I can tell you that she is apparently called Anastasia - from Odesa- and removed her quite old profile - from 'loveme'com' ..

She must have found 'Mr Right' ? ;)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »
The girl I can't tell you about at this moment.

I can tell you that she is apparently called Anastasia - from Odesa- and removed her quite old profile - from 'loveme'com' ..

She must have found 'Mr Right' ? ;)

That is a rather long story but I am sorry I can't comment on that one at this point. For the sake of privacy!