The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hows Crimea doing today  (Read 8875 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hows Crimea doing today
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
So hows crimea doing in 2019?

- A brandnew international Terminal has been built to service Aeroplanes wanting to land there. The tarmac is pristine and long enough for the larger jets.

- A bridge has been built allowing much, much more tourism to the island than previously possible on the broken old road from Dzhankoi from Ukraine.

- A Water de-saltation plant has been built to make Crimea self-sufficient in water demand. Water shortages are a thing of the past but water *is* more expensive now.

- 2 new powerplants have been built and 2 more are on the roadmap, to not only power Crimea (current situation) but also bring enough to power Sochi and krasnodar (future roadmap).

- A major overhaul of all major interstates and highways. Simferopol-Yalta is nearly finished, whilst Simferopol-Evpatoria was being constructed last year I was there. In July i will see if its finished yet. The 1x2 interstate will become a 2x2 highway with guard rails.

- Many new hotels keep popping up because tourism is booming. Traffic jams, smog and other high-population problems are now plaguing crimea during the tourist months. This is the one event I do not like, my peace-and-quiet vacation has been upgraded to a loud-tourist-vacation. Beaches are packed and finding a spot is becoming harder unless you arrive before 9 am.

Mark.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2019, 12:53:33 AM »
Reads like how you hope it will be...NOT how it is.

1/  Where will all these 'tourists ' come from?..The families of Policemen/ civil servants / firemen forbidden from holidaying  in Turkey or Thailand  ?

2/ The airport..  from which countries will all these tourists be arriving? How will they use their credit cards to pay for stuff or draw cash?

3/ Let's wait until the end of the season to compare fact with reality. Tell us a out the tourist places that have closed. Are they reopening?

Sochi is STILL the major draw...NOT Crimea.
Russia doesn't have form for making stuff like this up.
He really did say that
Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »

1/  Where will all these 'tourists ' come from?..The families of Policemen/ civil servants / firemen forbidden from holidaying  in Turkey or Thailand  ?

2/ The airport..  from which countries will all these tourists be arriving? How will they use their credit cards to pay for stuff or draw cash?

3/ Let's wait until the end of the season to compare fact with reality. Tell us a out the tourist places that have closed. Are they reopening?

1, The persons mentioned above are allowed to travel to Egypt (when the small problems are solved), Turkey, India and Thailand to name a few.
2, MIR cards are being accepted, along with some businesses who use either VPN's or "Ghost" companies within Russia to clear Visa cards.
3, According to reports, over 6m tourists/visitors visited Crimea during 2018 with over 1.5m of them arriving via various routes from Ukraine.
In 2018, Sochi hosted many conferences with overseas delegates attending, F1, some football world cup games, other major events, and as well as being an "all season" attraction inc skiing during the winter months, attracted some 5m tourists/visitors.

During the last 5yrs or so, Crimea has received substantial investment far in excess of any investment which it received in all the years under Ukraine's thumb.
Those that I meet ae extremely happy with the progress made so far, food is plentiful and not much more expensive that mainland Russia, this will even out more when the railway link is completed, which may be earlier than planned.
Exports of Crimean wines and champagnes has seen a big surge, along with exports of other products made/manufactured there and as far as I am aware, already exceeds by far exports previously reported.

Speaks for itself.

This is my impression/knowledge/experience from the many visits I have made there during the last 5 yrs, especially during the last year

There are plans afoot to fly Chinese, Iranian, Turkish, Syrian and Egyptian airlines into Crimea this year, but as with all plans, wait and see what develops.
There are also several major conferences arranged/planned for 2019 which will/may take place in Crimea, if they come to fruition.

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »
Mark

You forgot to address a very important point!

Putin before accepting the results and application of Crimea to join the Russian Federation, he made a grave mistake. He FORGOT to ask, the Hegemon's of the World, President of the USA and Puppet of NetaYahoo, Permission to accept Crimea or Not!

Do pay attention to the comments made by Noby who is involved in those International Political Games and must know something you and me don't know!

We can only guess or speculate.......to understand the wider picture.

Let me remind you... the following... Last July these two Leaders met privately!

On the Press conference afterwards we hardly heard of any agreement between them.

May I remind you that Tramp and Putin were planing to meet again in Paris or at G20 etc.  But no new meeting took place anymore.  No need as the Red telephone Line is available to do it any time and I am sure it's extremely secure.  :chuckle:

Meanwhile Don Corleone.... NetaYahoo has visited Putin in Sochi and Moscow few times.......

At the same Time, Tayip Ertogan, President of Turkey......has signed the Turkish Stream and also Order S400 to Russia.

Tramp got annoyed with Tayip Ertogan's actions so he attacked his Turkish Lira and devalued nearly 75%........and also threaten not to deliver to Turkey the F 35 Ordered By Turkey.

As it happens, Tramp ignore Ukraine and the Chockolate King, does not agree for NATO's involvement in the Azov and all gone quiet there.

Then out of the Blue he makes a nice present to Netayahoo.... by recognising Jerusalem. Then he announces that the USA is getting out of Syria, Bolton bites his mustache and Pompeo has a Big Mac and disagree and agree to delay the exit from Syria.

Ertogan get a promise to deliver for his F 35 delivery and he can make preparations for dividing Officially Cyprus...... later.

Venezuela is a dead operations, as the Proxy New Preside, whatever his name is, is a dead Horse. Maduro atill in Power.... Blah blah blah from all the American actors......but NO action.

Finally the Bankers come to the front...... and the Puppet Tramp announces the recognition of the Golan Heights sovereignty by Israhel.

Of course when he does this.... he will officially accept that  Crimea is legally Russian and the American will not interfere with the Russian Pipe Lines supplying Armenia, Via Georgia, after their move to control the E 60, where they extend their control.

Ask Noby to tell you what was his mission in Georgia and also in Cyprus with operation Black Knight.......... in the east of Cyprus.

More later when I will be back home.... must run now.

tiphat

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2019, 07:07:31 AM »
Still in denial moby? I am telling it how it is, from boots on the ground and news reports I read on normal mainstream media (mainly dutch).

Just yesterday I saw a (Belgian) travel show promoting crimea as a great place to visit, albeit you need a Russian visa which can be a hassle.
Quite a difference from 2014 when all the west with all possible channels said Crimea was a warzone and Shame on Russia.

Common folk? You obviously ignore not only the words, but also the examples of new problems arising from massive tourism they never had before.

Credit cards? Crimea is now an all-cash society and if you bring in advance you will not have any problems. (as most experienced travellers do research places they want to visit they will have no problems there).

Closed? No they aren't re-opening as a biz-owner you should know bankrupcy is final.
However new hotels are being built at record-speeds in even more sweet spots near the beaches.

:-\  :Zzzzsleep:

I know you have a sweet spot for Sochi, but please stick to the world we live in and not your fantasy.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2019, 08:57:38 AM »
Mark

Putin before accepting the results and application of Crimea to join the Russian Federation, he made a grave mistake. He FORGOT to ask, the Hegemon's of the World, President of the USA and Puppet of NetaYahoo, Permission to accept Crimea or Not!

Do pay attention to the comments made by Noby who is involved in those International Political Games and must know something you and me don't know!

Let me remind you... the following... Last July these two Leaders met privately!

On the Press conference afterwards we hardly heard of any agreement between them.

May I remind you that Tramp and Putin were planing to meet again in Paris or at G20 etc.  But no new meeting took place anymore.  No need as the Red telephone Line is available to do it any time and I am sure it's extremely secure.  :chuckle:

Meanwhile Don Corleone.... NetaYahoo has visited Putin in Sochi and Moscow few times.......

At the same Time, Tayip Ertogan, President of Turkey......has signed the Turkish Stream and also Order S400 to Russia.

Tramp got annoyed with Tayip Ertogan's actions so he attacked his Turkish Lira and devalued nearly 75%........and also threaten not to deliver to Turkey the F 35 Ordered By Turkey.

As it happens, Tramp ignore Ukraine and the Chockolate King, does not agree for NATO's involvement in the Azov and all gone quiet there.

Then out of the Blue he makes a nice present to Netayahoo.... by recognising Jerusalem. Then he announces that the USA is getting out of Syria, Bolton bites his mustache and Pompeo has a Big Mac and disagree and agree to delay the exit from Syria.

Ertogan get a promise to deliver for his F 35 delivery and he can make preparations for dividing Officially Cyprus...... later.

Venezuela is a dead operations, as the Proxy New Preside, whatever his name is, is a dead Horse. Maduro atill in Power.... Blah blah blah from all the American actors......but NO action.

Finally the Bankers come to the front...... and the Puppet Tramp announces the recognition of the Golan Heights sovereignty by Israhel.

Of course when he does this.... he will officially accept that  Crimea is legally Russian and the American will not interfere with the Russian Pipe Lines supplying Armenia, Via Georgia, after their move to control the E 60, where they extend their control.

Ask Noby to tell you what was his mission in Georgia and also in Cyprus with operation Black Knight.......... in the east of Cyprus.

tiphat

Wiz,  Obama was President when this took place...
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
Mark

tiphat

Wiz,  Obama was President when this took place...

Tom

Of course I knew that ... please read the 1st paragraph and my sarcastic remark about the Hegemon USA president, but I did not mentioned the president's Name. That was my sarcastic preamble before getting to the relationship between Tramp and Putin and subsequent actions of the 2 presidents.

Are you aware that president Obama is a Criminal who organised the killings of too many people in Yemen, using Drones ?

Any how it's good you read my posts and I can assure you, it would be useful to understand the current situations, internationally,  if you could make the effort and try to put together all the various parts of the Puzzle.

tiphat