The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hows Crimea doing today  (Read 20099 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Hows Crimea doing today
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2018, 08:53:54 AM »
If the topic was travel to Mars can we infer that Moby would know people building the space craft?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »

"The ( road) bridge is expected to be opened by December 2018 for testing and vehicular traffic, and to be fully operational by June 2019"

The rail bridge has suffered more design issues and is scheduled to open by the end of 2019

Even Putin says this

http://russianconstruction.com/news-1/24276-russian-government-postpones-kerch-bridge-railway-exploitation-for-a-year.html

Report dated 07-07-2016, a little out of date don't you think Moby san...

Oh Dear, another Moby miss-information!!!!

As I just quoted from the official bridge site ... hardly

Best ask someone who understands Russian what was said by VVP ...   :chuckle:
[/quote]

You quoted from an article, written in English, Dated 07-07-16 which is well past its sell by date, in the report there is nothing written about anything VVP said (In the English version).
As for my command of Russian, I need no translators to assist me in my work with Russian companies, your comment is a no brainer...
Please stop trying to show yourself as an Intelligent/knowledgeable being ( which you will never be), and others as stupid.
I also know someone who is currently working on the bridge, you are not alone in that respect, and, not only have I seen the bridge, I've also been on it.. Recently..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2018, 04:33:00 AM »
If the topic was travel to Mars can we infer that Moby would know people building the space craft?

:ROFL:

Nailed it Andy!

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2018, 04:45:41 AM »

But moby knows better than my inlaws, whom actually live there. I should believe him

Moby's seen the bridge, recently and knows folks who work on the bridge ....   :chuckle:

Has Moby heard about illeism? I'm sure you'll google it then come back and tell me you do but here's a brief take on people who regularly refer to themselves in the 3 rd person;

Childlike, insecure, removed from reality, narcissistic, inflated ego, concerned about their social image, problematic in relationships, craving respect....etc.

I've noticed you do this often and find it quite interesting.

:coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2018, 04:52:25 AM »
Except - as usual - the playground 'bullies' overlook that

My info was / is correct .. as was / is the the sources..

:popcorn:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2018, 04:57:23 AM »

Has Moby heard about illeism? I'm sure you'll google it then come back and tell me you do but here's a brief take on people who regularly refer to themselves in the 3 rd person;

Childlike, insecure, removed from reality, narcissistic, inflated ego, concerned about their social image, problematic in relationships, craving respect....etc.

This isn't the first time you ( or andrewfi ) has tried to be be a forum 'Schrink.'.... and failed at the first hurdle...

You could make it a new year's resolution to check facts before proving you just make yourself DAFT ..

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2018, 06:27:28 AM »

But moby knows better than my inlaws, whom actually live there. I should believe him

Moby's seen the bridge, recently and knows folks who work on the bridge ....   :chuckle:

So Russian News (on 1tv) says (according to my inlaws): RU-Govt promises to have the car-part finished before the main season starts.

How does you seeing the bridge invalidate this statement in any way? Other than that you might think it hard to keep that promise?
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2018, 06:58:24 AM »

So Russian News (on 1tv) says (according to my inlaws): RU-Govt promises to have the car-part finished before the main season starts.

How does you seeing the bridge invalidate this statement in any way? Other than that you might think it hard to keep that promise?

Ri-ight, you being the one telling us it would be open in Dec 2017 or this month ..... ?

1/ so it's NOT open, yet  - one of your sources and (not for the first time she's been wrong [ water supply? ] your M-i-L ....)

2/ You aren't the only person with contacts on the peninsula or passing through it on the way home to Kherson and like I said - I have seen it and NO WAY is it opening real soon

3/ You do know that you can watch pervy kanal's news online and you'd know not to keep quoting your M-i-L (  AGAIN - for FACTS) ...www.most.life  "2018-2019

К концу 2018 года завершится строительство и планируется запуск движения по автомобильной части моста, в 2019 году – по железнодорожной части." ...

TV ? www.1tv.ru ...chose the Republic of Crimea option ..

Here's the most recent articles on the Crimea Bridge(s)

https://www.1tv.ru/search?from=&to=&q=text%3A%D0%9A%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9%20%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82

Here's an article specific to the road bridge:

https://www.1tv.ru/news/2017-12-29/338748-dorozhnye_podhody_k_krymskomu_mostu_so_storony_kubani_i_kryma_gotovy_na_80

There are no specific dates being announced

When in a hole stop digging, Markje

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2018, 07:02:18 AM »

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »

Delusional comes to mind.  :coffeeread:

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »
Watching this video,  one can see the genuine pride the  locals have. 

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »

Delusional comes to mind.  :coffeeread:

Aha, our resident trailer-park arm-chair 'expert' on the FSU ( and ladies ) has joined the action ....   :chuckle:

Same question.... kindly point out why - if Markje was 'right' why there's been no announcement of the road bridge opening ? 

Isn't it time you left your PC screen and came to see what you think you're talking about ?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »

My inlaws in Crimea said that the Russian Gov't promised to have bridge open for road-traffic before summer-season starts.

"The ( road) bridge is expected to be opened by December 2018 for testing and vehicular traffic, and to be fully operational by June 2019"

The rail bridge has suffered more design issues and is scheduled to open by the end of 2019

Even Putin says this

http://russianconstruction.com/news-1/24276-russian-government-postpones-kerch-bridge-railway-exploitation-for-a-year.html

Tass.ru reports that the bridge will open in May. That seems conveniently in time for the main holiday season.

Putin himself said that if the workers get it done, he will personally be there to open the bridge.

And yes, I quoted myself, especially for Moby whom seems to think i said something else on Facebook.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2018, 02:15:50 AM »

Just spotted this.. I do ... How DID you know ?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2018, 02:27:05 AM »

Tass.ru reports that the bridge will open in May. That seems conveniently in time for the main holiday season.

Putin himself said that if the workers get it done, he will personally be there to open the bridge.

And yes, I quoted myself, especially for Moby whom seems to think i said something else on Facebook.

As has already been pointed out by 2 posters - you quoted your inlaws 'heard it' ( Dec'17 ) - yet I posted from the local version of Pervy kanal ( 1 st channel ) that suggested you're sources were 'ill-advised' - as were you to quote from the link you posted ( Dec'17)

It is now nearly April - 4.5 months gone - and is the road bridge open ?

Wiser posters will note I quoted a more reliable source - the official bridge site - which still says 2018, but I told you latter half of 2018

You've also suggested opening for the Presidential elections - that's passed, too

MY source works on the project and IF it opens in May 2018 -  who has been a more accurate source? ...  Me - a month out or you ... six months out !

The rail bridge - as also mentioned - has encountered issues - involving structural design mods and possibly since the main arch was fitted. 

I only posted on FB as you invited me - mentioning me by name ?  Then you threatened to remove my posts - which proved you wrong ...;)

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:45 PM »
Crimea opens the largest and most beautiful airport in Russia’s south (PHOTOS

https://www.rbth.com/business/328077-crimea-new-airport-russia
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2018, 05:23:56 AM »

As has already been pointed out by 2 posters - you quoted your inlaws 'heard it' ( Dec'17 ) - yet I posted from the local version of Pervy kanal ( 1 st channel ) that suggested you're sources were 'ill-advised' - as were you to quote from the link you posted ( Dec'17)
Right, but you in your previous messages said that I *personally* was wrong, and so were my *inlaws* , whilst both of us were just quoting the local news. If they are wrong, it doesn't matter because no-one controls them

Wiser posters will note I quoted a more reliable source - the official bridge site - which still says 2018, but I told you latter half of 2018
Nope, you said December 2018. As quoted from the official bridge site.

You've also suggested opening for the Presidential elections - that's passed, too
Yes, as a possibility, not as a reality. One can hope in this day and age.

MY source works on the project and IF it opens in May 2018 -  who has been a more accurate source? ...  Me - a month out or you ... six months out !
You, still seven months away from december. Me , I dunno, I just quoted other sources and hope for the best. (I.E. before season starts, as putins election has indeed come and gone).

The rail bridge - as also mentioned - has encountered issues - involving structural design mods and possibly since the main arch was fitted. 
Glad we agree on something

I only posted on FB as you invited me - mentioning me by name ?  Then you threatened to remove my posts - which proved you wrong ...;)
Yes, I can remove posts on facebook, as I have told you. But I have not threathened you to do so, nor did i remove anything. I just *again* proved you wrong when you said I couldn't do this on facebook.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2018, 12:27:53 AM »
I was advised yesterday, that the new bridge will be officially opened today..

Initially for cars and light trucks, and possible Large Trucks from October..

Lets wait and see if the information is correct..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2018, 02:45:50 AM »

There will be a ceremony, today, and it will open to traffic at 0530 ( Moscow time) on 16th May

http://www.most.life/novosti/novosti/sdan-dosrochno-16-maya-zapuskaetsya-avtodorozhnoe-dvizhenie-po-krymskomu-m/

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2018, 03:04:45 AM »

You did - you inferred you could remove my posts - which would demonstrate you don't like being challenged as to the veracity of your sources

Right, but you in your previous messages said that I *personally* was wrong, and so were my *inlaws* , whilst both of us were just quoting the local news. If they are wrong, it doesn't matter because no-one controls them

You REALLY need to check your posts #93/4 ...  You claimed - she would know...  so much for Dec '17 / Jan '18

A kind mod may protect you from having to say " Moby's source - the official site - is more accurate"

Nope, you said December 2018. As quoted from the official bridge site.

I said latter half of 2018 - The ROAD bridge has a weight limit - light traffic only.

I only posted[ed] on FB as you invited me - mentioning me by name ?  Then you threatened to remove my posts - which proved you wrong ...;)

Yes, I can remove posts on facebook, as I have told you. But I have not threathened you to do so, nor did i remove anything. I just *again* proved you wrong when you said I couldn't do this on facebook.

Mark.

Then the wording of your message on FB is not clear - it is certainly NOT the impression you gave to two members from here. I am quite well aware of what you can / can't do with FB... Only you claimed what you could do ....

Why all the fuss?  Just because I had other ears to the ground? 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2018, 03:36:21 AM »

Offline Wiz

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2018, 05:29:49 AM »

Absolutely right my friend . They just wait Putin to arrive, at 14 GMT, to inspect the bridge and then open it!

Well done to the Russians for the excellent time and work they made building this bridge.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: Let's Celebrate the Russian Bridge Linking Russia with Russia
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2018, 07:34:58 AM »
Some guy has stolen a truck and driven across the bridge ..

For Wiz: https://youtu.be/Sdbg4OIGQ5Y?t=772

For the rest of us:

Not a valid youtube URL

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:47 PM »
Moby, The link does not work, why not help Wiz with his gardening chores? I am confident there is a stray weed just for you.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

Re: Let's Celebrate the Russian Bridge Linking Russia with Russia
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
Some guy has stolen a truck and driven across the bridge ..

For Wiz: https://youtu.be/Sdbg4OIGQ5Y?t=772

For the rest of us:

Thank you Moby...... but

This video contains content from XMD1TV, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Don't worry....... and I have seen your friend driving. I watched live the whole program!  :biggrin:

Magnificent project...... you have to admit!  :thumbsup:

Now you will be able to drive over to Crimea......and meet your friend MarkJe.... :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Registration