The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Possible Sunset on the US?  (Read 7097 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Possible Sunset on the US?
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »
I recently communicated with a woman that lives in the Russian far east, far far east.  She is 3 years older than I am.  After exchanging several messages she suddenly reveals to me, she is not interested in coming to America.  Mind you she is on a western facing site.  Instead she claims she is interested in living in Australia.  I asked her why, and here is her response....

James, because, unlike Russia, the US has become much worse in too many ways since 2000.

Any thoughts? 

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Possible Sunset on the US?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 01:10:48 AM »
I recently communicated with a woman that lives in the Russian far east, far far east.  She is 3 years older than I am.  After exchanging several messages she suddenly reveals to me, she is not interested in coming to America.  Mind you she is on a western facing site.  Instead she claims she is interested in living in Australia.  I asked her why, and here is her response....

James, because, unlike Russia, the US has become much worse in too many ways since 2000.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are she saved you from an expensive trip. she's right as well: we have a lot of work to get back to where we should be. her mind is made up though, don't waste your time.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:12:15 AM »
Andrew speaks of brain training and marching morons. The reality is it cuts both ways.

Russia faces numerous challenges and The United States faces other hurdles. Is America the land of milk and honey; no. Is everything perfect in the EU; not quite. There are serious issues in the UK & I suspect Africa is rather depressing and dark. I know though both Europe and America have great people, amazing histories and stunning beauty, so I would not write any of them off.

I can not comment of Australia as I have never been there, but they do a great barbecue.

I suspect the woman you connected with felt the internet connection was not strong enough to build on. Time to move on.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:02:19 AM »
She's dumping you and finding some reason [its not you] to fit that narrative.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:19 AM »

Any thoughts?

Many women have been rejecting men from the US for years. Because of the US, not the guy.

"Sunset on the US" is also a term that has been used in Russia for many years as a prediction. I expect the OP knows that to have used the phrase.

One only has to watch the news to see cops killing people, random mass shootings, race issues, etc. We may know most people will avoid such things in day to day life, but it doesn't paint a picture of the land of milk and honey.

Oz on the other hand, if it has big issues in its society, we are not seeing them on the news. When did you ever see a headline "Cop shoots innocent guy in car in Brisbane suburb" or "Mentally deranged drug-addled man kills 50 in college shooting in Perth"? You didn't.

If a woman is seeking to export herself, why not choose the destination? How many of you blokes would relocate to marry a pretty woman who lives in, for example, Yemen? None of you.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 04:27:09 AM »
Americans are also poorer and more in debt than in the year 2000. 

Debt and poor money management skills are a big problem in America. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »

Sorry, but Markje's probably correct ..If she felt as strongly - she was have said so in  her profile...

Plenty of Russians I know - young and smart - still want to visit the US... work there and if they can, live the dream..

Some of us will know of a Russian lady that got herself into Canada... she recently posted that she could dream of living in California - but would never be allowed to live/ work there..

Most of the Russians thinking as Manny suggests are 'patriots' and most of us know what Moby thinks of patriots....
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 07:40:43 AM »

This.

When did you ever see a headline "Cop shoots innocent guy in car in Brisbane suburb" or "Mentally deranged drug-addled man kills 50 in college shooting in Perth"? You didn't.

Well, there was this guy.  Just sayin'.  And we're going to keep seeing more of this, if do-gooder liberal morons keep insisting that Western nations import cancer because..."muh FEELZ!"

How many of you blokes would relocate to marry a pretty woman who lives in, for example, Yemen? None of you.

Hmm.  Not sure Yemen is a valid comparison unless the OP lives in a particularly shit part of Detroit.  Even then, civilization would only be an Uber ride away.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »

This.

Doubled...

She hasn't got the balls to tell you straight up... Opppsss.. :D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »

Originating from the US government... near 20T$ give of take a few $.. :laugh:

Ditto for some EU countries also... Not mentioning any specific country btw... ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »

Like Reagan used to say it's "Sunrise in America".  Time for a renewal and Trump is just the leader we've been waiting for.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:39 AM »

Like Reagan used to say it's "Sunrise in America".  Time for a renewal and Trump is just the leader we've been waiting for.

When he finally get in..  ;D

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »

When he finally get in..  ;D

True. 41 days and counting.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »

Actually, that was Morning in America

And 1984 was a different country.  Look at all those white people.

Walter Mondale, demonstrating why he is a loser, promptly complained: “It’s all picket fences and puppy dogs. No one’s hurting. No one’s alone. No one’s hungry. No one’s unemployed. No one gets old. Everybody’s happy.”

Mondale carried exactly *one* state, his home state of Minnesota, in the 1984 election.  Once he lost the election to replace Paul Wellstone, he gained the "distinction" of being the first person to lose federal elections in all 50 states.  :chuckle:  I'm sure Mondale is a fine human being, but if you're running as a whiny douche against the Emperor of Ice Cream, you pretty much have to expect to get clobbered.

The narrator is Hal Riney, who also did Reagan's Bear in the Woods ad, as well as some other highly successful ads for Bartles & Jaymes and Saturn cars.

B/B

If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 05:48:47 PM »

Walter Mondale, demonstrating why he is a loser, promptly complained: “It’s all picket fences and puppy dogs. No one’s hurting. No one’s alone. No one’s hungry. No one’s unemployed. No one gets old. Everybody’s happy.”

Mondale carried exactly *one* state, his home state of Minnesota, in the 1984 election.  Once he lost the election to replace Paul Wellstone, he gained the "distinction" of being the first person to lose federal elections in all 50 states.  :chuckle:  I'm sure Mondale is a fine human being, but if you're running as a whiny douche against the Emperor of Ice Cream, you pretty much have to expect to get clobbered.

The narrator is Hal Riney, who also did Reagan's Bear in the Woods ad, as well as some other highly successful ads for Bartles & Jaymes and Saturn cars.

B/B

Do you have a problem with "white people"? As far as I'm concerned white people are the backbone of this country and the left can pucker up and kiss my a$$.  Let me take it a step further and specify "white anglo-saxon protestant" white people.  Those with Judeo-Christian values had the initiative and drive to invent stuff, build stuff and make this country great in the first place. Sure there are some minorities who contribute; mainly hard working asians, some hispanics and a  few others. If 12 to 20 million illegal Mexicans suddenly had to leave we would adapt. Contrary to their assertions. 

Now Trump is welcoming to all Americans and contrary to the lies of the left he's not a radical Muslim, IOW gays, women and minorities need not fear if they are here legally.

Furthermore what was wrong with a country that had more unity? And what are the real reasons the left pushes "diversity"? Because like all subversive Marxists, they wish to destroy this country and turn it into another Soviet style shithole, but worse.

Trump has plenty of women in his new cabinet, he's got Dr. Carson and probably a couple other great people to come. This won't stop the narrative of the left in their efforts to "divide and conquer".

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
Do you have a problem with "white people"?

Only if they're liberal morons.  :chuckle:

Have you not read *any* of my other posts?

B/B

Online Texan77

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:05 PM »
I agree she just saved you from an expensive trip. Is she marrying a country or a man? Most likely their is something about you or someone else she met. The problem many of us can have we do not know who else she maybe writing. Just maybe there is another guy from Australia that she like better so she dumped you. Maybe she preferred Australia because of all the negative press we get in Russia. Actually I think she is gold digging and she thinks the gold is brighter in Australia.  Like maybe she thinks he has more money.

It does not make any different whether the US is in decline or not. It all depends of the mans ability to care for a family not what is happening to the country in general. The UK is in decline for the several hundred years but some people there are still capable of supporting a woman well.  LOL That is true in every country including the Ukraine. There are a very lot of rich Ukrainians who have no shortage of money and live very well in spite of the countries recent decline.

Maybe she has a female condition I see a lot of here in the US and really does not know what in the world she wants. Maybe next week she will not like Australia neither and want someone from who knows where. Young unstable women, they seem to have a lot in common no matter where they are from. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 09:05:19 PM »
Possible Sunset on the US?

One of the pillars of the Bretton Woods system was the dollar link to gold, as well as all other currencies to the dollar - a connection which unilaterally abolished by the superpower in 1971 , making it now the dollar a currency bounced ( Fiat money ) , so by extension the rest.

Precisely for this reason the IMF, obviously knowing what will happen in 1971 and wanted to be prepared for any eventuality, as would be the loss of confidence in the dollar, created in 1969 proactively « Special Drawing Rights » ( SDR ), an  artificial unhedged currency, which is negotiable only between governments.

The adoption of special drawing rights by the IMF not only documents the power - but also the role for which it has been prepared by the US In case of emergency. The role of this is none other than its transformation into a global central bank, above all others - of course under the absolute control of the superpower, inter alia to prevent the collapse of the debt system

Even if the SDR become the first world currency does not mean that will prevent the end of American dominance in the global financial system.

The dominance view is that the dollar is not going to continue because of both the  economic and financial decline of the US has passed the point of no return and the mistakes that have been made, such as huge amounts of money printed, negative interest rates and the mountains of debt that have been accumulated, it is not reversible.

Instead, the US require more and more new money, with ever lower interest rates, as well as new debts to accommodate older plus new ones, so eventually the financial system will collapse.

In simple words, the adoption of SDR by the IMF is unable to stop the collapse process, which is already in operation, let alone reverse it. At best, it will be delayed another for few years with increasing its destructiveness and with results that no one can predict. It  depends how large the explosion of the nuclear bomb will be.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Omega1982

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »

B/B

Do you have a problem with "white people"? As far as I'm concerned white people are the backbone of this country and the left can pucker up and kiss my a$$.  Let me take it a step further and specify "white anglo-saxon protestant" white people.  Those with Judeo-Christian values had the initiative and drive to invent stuff, build stuff and make this country great in the first place. Sure there are some minorities who contribute; mainly hard working asians, some hispanics and a  few others. If 12 to 20 million illegal Mexicans suddenly had to leave we would adapt. Contrary to their assertions. 

Now Trump is welcoming to all Americans and contrary to the lies of the left he's not a radical Muslim, IOW gays, women and minorities need not fear if they are here legally.

Furthermore what was wrong with a country that had more unity? And what are the real reasons the left pushes "diversity"? Because like all subversive Marxists, they wish to destroy this country and turn it into another Soviet style shithole, but worse.

Trump has plenty of women in his new cabinet, he's got Dr. Carson and probably a couple other great people to come. This won't stop the narrative of the left in their efforts to "divide and conquer".

Confederate, there were many good aspects to the Soviet Union.  I wouldn't call a former superpower a "shithole".  Have you been to Russia and or the fsu? 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 03:17:17 AM »
Its the wrong approach to ask any women if she wants to live in your country early on in any communication. Its best to find a women who you really click with after that it doesn't really matter where you live! Once you find this women she will follow you to the "ends of the earth"

But for sure the US is becoming much less popular for women today. Its the 21st Century who wants to bring a child up who has a chance of getting his/her brains blown out at school ? And yes most are in debt up to their eyes over the pond. Who wants to be married to a guy with a wallet full of maxed out cards and who sold his soul to the bank.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 03:54:40 AM »
Who wants to be married to a guy with a wallet full of maxed out cards and who sold his soul to the bank.

I remember a woman who couldn't believe people in the US used credit cards to buy groceries. She equated it to them being so poor they needed credit to buy food.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 04:17:41 AM »
Who wants to be married to a guy with a wallet full of maxed out cards and who sold his soul to the bank.

I remember a woman who couldn't believe people in the US used credit cards to buy groceries. She equated it to them being so poor they needed credit to buy food.
That does sound pretty screwed up. Borrowing money to buy food.  :-\

Offline Maxx

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2016, 05:08:03 AM »

That does sound pretty screwed up. Borrowing money to buy food.  :-\

I figure in less than 3 months I'll be out of the USA and back to Georgia. Right now there is pressure on me to entangle myself with the system, medical insurance and so on. Fortunately I have zero debts and monthly obligations to finance but the pressure is on. I see why people are in the jams they are in. It has become normal to use plastic for every occasion. The banks and governments love it and have crafted a system that almost requires it to live. In the Republic of Georgia everything is purchased and paid for with cash. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2016, 05:16:05 AM »

I'd not disagree with that opinion.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 05:45:54 AM »
Actually we buy virtually everything with our credit cards, including food.  We pay bills with our credit cards.  The reason is simple we get points/air miles for every TL we spend on credit card.

One simple difference is that when the credit cards bills come in each month they are paid IN FULL on their due date.

Problems of course arise if you don't pay them off in full.  Credit card interest rates are usury.  If you need to borrow money there are much cheaper ways.  Of course spending money you don't have on credit cards is stupid...