The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Possible Sunset on the US?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Possible Sunset on the US?
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »
I recently communicated with a woman that lives in the Russian far east, far far east.  She is 3 years older than I am.  After exchanging several messages she suddenly reveals to me, she is not interested in coming to America.  Mind you she is on a western facing site.  Instead she claims she is interested in living in Australia.  I asked her why, and here is her response....

James, because, unlike Russia, the US has become much worse in too many ways since 2000.

Any thoughts? 

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Possible Sunset on the US?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 01:10:48 AM »
I recently communicated with a woman that lives in the Russian far east, far far east.  She is 3 years older than I am.  After exchanging several messages she suddenly reveals to me, she is not interested in coming to America.  Mind you she is on a western facing site.  Instead she claims she is interested in living in Australia.  I asked her why, and here is her response....

James, because, unlike Russia, the US has become much worse in too many ways since 2000.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are she saved you from an expensive trip. she's right as well: we have a lot of work to get back to where we should be. her mind is made up though, don't waste your time.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 01:12:15 AM »
Andrew speaks of brain training and marching morons. The reality is it cuts both ways.

Russia faces numerous challenges and The United States faces other hurdles. Is America the land of milk and honey; no. Is everything perfect in the EU; not quite. There are serious issues in the UK & I suspect Africa is rather depressing and dark. I know though both Europe and America have great people, amazing histories and stunning beauty, so I would not write any of them off.

I can not comment of Australia as I have never been there, but they do a great barbecue.

I suspect the woman you connected with felt the internet connection was not strong enough to build on. Time to move on.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 02:02:19 AM »
She's dumping you and finding some reason [its not you] to fit that narrative.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:19 AM »

Any thoughts?

Many women have been rejecting men from the US for years. Because of the US, not the guy.

"Sunset on the US" is also a term that has been used in Russia for many years as a prediction. I expect the OP knows that to have used the phrase.

One only has to watch the news to see cops killing people, random mass shootings, race issues, etc. We may know most people will avoid such things in day to day life, but it doesn't paint a picture of the land of milk and honey.

Oz on the other hand, if it has big issues in its society, we are not seeing them on the news. When did you ever see a headline "Cop shoots innocent guy in car in Brisbane suburb" or "Mentally deranged drug-addled man kills 50 in college shooting in Perth"? You didn't.

If a woman is seeking to export herself, why not choose the destination? How many of you blokes would relocate to marry a pretty woman who lives in, for example, Yemen? None of you.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 04:27:09 AM »
Americans are also poorer and more in debt than in the year 2000. 

Debt and poor money management skills are a big problem in America. 

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:47:14 AM »

Sorry, but Markje's probably correct ..If she felt as strongly - she was have said so in  her profile...

Plenty of Russians I know - young and smart - still want to visit the US... work there and if they can, live the dream..

Some of us will know of a Russian lady that got herself into Canada... she recently posted that she could dream of living in California - but would never be allowed to live/ work there..

Most of the Russians thinking as Manny suggests are 'patriots' and most of us know what Moby thinks of patriots....

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 07:40:43 AM »

This.

When did you ever see a headline "Cop shoots innocent guy in car in Brisbane suburb" or "Mentally deranged drug-addled man kills 50 in college shooting in Perth"? You didn't.

Well, there was this guy.  Just sayin'.  And we're going to keep seeing more of this, if do-gooder liberal morons keep insisting that Western nations import cancer because..."muh FEELZ!"

How many of you blokes would relocate to marry a pretty woman who lives in, for example, Yemen? None of you.

Hmm.  Not sure Yemen is a valid comparison unless the OP lives in a particularly shit part of Detroit.  Even then, civilization would only be an Uber ride away.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »

This.

Doubled...

She hasn't got the balls to tell you straight up... Opppsss.. :D

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »

Originating from the US government... near 20T$ give of take a few $.. :laugh:

Ditto for some EU countries also... Not mentioning any specific country btw... ;D

Online Confederate

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »

Like Reagan used to say it's "Sunrise in America".  Time for a renewal and Trump is just the leader we've been waiting for.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:39 AM »

Like Reagan used to say it's "Sunrise in America".  Time for a renewal and Trump is just the leader we've been waiting for.

When he finally get in..  ;D

Online Confederate

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »

When he finally get in..  ;D

True. 41 days and counting.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »

Actually, that was Morning in America

And 1984 was a different country.  Look at all those white people.

Walter Mondale, demonstrating why he is a loser, promptly complained: “It’s all picket fences and puppy dogs. No one’s hurting. No one’s alone. No one’s hungry. No one’s unemployed. No one gets old. Everybody’s happy.”

Mondale carried exactly *one* state, his home state of Minnesota, in the 1984 election.  Once he lost the election to replace Paul Wellstone, he gained the "distinction" of being the first person to lose federal elections in all 50 states.  :chuckle:  I'm sure Mondale is a fine human being, but if you're running as a whiny douche against the Emperor of Ice Cream, you pretty much have to expect to get clobbered.

The narrator is Hal Riney, who also did Reagan's Bear in the Woods ad, as well as some other highly successful ads for Bartles & Jaymes and Saturn cars.

B/B

Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Confederate

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 05:48:47 PM »

Actually, that was Morning in America

And 1984 was a different country.  Look at all those white people.

Walter Mondale, demonstrating why he is a loser, promptly complained: “It’s all picket fences and puppy dogs. No one’s hurting. No one’s alone. No one’s hungry. No one’s unemployed. No one gets old. Everybody’s happy.”

Mondale carried exactly *one* state, his home state of Minnesota, in the 1984 election.  Once he lost the election to replace Paul Wellstone, he gained the "distinction" of being the first person to lose federal elections in all 50 states.  :chuckle:  I'm sure Mondale is a fine human being, but if you're running as a whiny douche against the Emperor of Ice Cream, you pretty much have to expect to get clobbered.

The narrator is Hal Riney, who also did Reagan's Bear in the Woods ad, as well as some other highly successful ads for Bartles & Jaymes and Saturn cars.

B/B

Do you have a problem with "white people"? As far as I'm concerned white people are the backbone of this country and the left can pucker up and kiss my a$$.  Let me take it a step further and specify "white anglo-saxon protestant" white people.  Those with Judeo-Christian values had the initiative and drive to invent stuff, build stuff and make this country great in the first place. Sure there are some minorities who contribute; mainly hard working asians, some hispanics and a  few others. If 12 to 20 million illegal Mexicans suddenly had to leave we would adapt. Contrary to their assertions. 

Now Trump is welcoming to all Americans and contrary to the lies of the left he's not a radical Muslim, IOW gays, women and minorities need not fear if they are here legally.

Furthermore what was wrong with a country that had more unity? And what are the real reasons the left pushes "diversity"? Because like all subversive Marxists, they wish to destroy this country and turn it into another Soviet style shithole, but worse.

Trump has plenty of women in his new cabinet, he's got Dr. Carson and probably a couple other great people to come. This won't stop the narrative of the left in their efforts to "divide and conquer".