The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Value of the Ruble  (Read 26518 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Value of the Ruble
« Reply #150 on: August 13, 2018, 06:30:21 AM »
Steveboy,

How short IS your memory ? ;)

I don't get bent out of shape when folks - rightly - point out that the Pound is falling due to ....[ various govt actions / referendum results / etc.]
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »
Steveboy,

How short IS your memory ? ;)

I don't get bent out of shape when folks - rightly - point out that the Pound is falling due to ....[ various govt actions / referendum results / etc.]

Do you get all excited when the pound is going down though? So much so that you have no time for work only time to go to bed for some light relief ? Im sure you don't.. BUT some people do.. :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2018, 09:08:46 AM »
Just for the record, I view putting on the same slate hard currency (USD, Euro, Pound)  and Putin's almost perpetually crashing ruble much worse than compulsive masturbation... In fact, it is masturbation in reverse and deeply sideways, only I don't know the right term for this in English. It is so bizarre and perverse, there isn't a name for this yet. :ROFL: ;D
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:28 AM »
Ok just spent all day searching all the news and found the копейка монета has lost some more value... took me 12 hours to do some research and wow aint I a happy bunny... :Zzzzsleep:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Seasoned

• http://www.russian4bride.com
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »

Here is a song full of wet putinistic dreams about 1 ruble for 1 dollar, there are subtitles in English -
https://www.russian4bride.com - Russian and Ukrainian dating

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »

Here is a song full of wet putinistic dreams about 1 ruble for 1 dollar, there are subtitles in English -

1 Rouble for 1 Dollar will never happen however the Russian girls in the video are cute!

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2018, 11:51:01 PM »
Leslie, could you tell us a bit more about the financial turbulence in Turkey.  I've done some reading but it all lacks the local perspective. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2018, 02:38:57 AM »
Leslie, could you tell us a bit more about the financial turbulence in Turkey.  I've done some reading but it all lacks the local perspective.

Leslie, I am also curious. From my perspective the problems both return to Erdogan.

He did nothing but make Populist comments regarding the economy and central bank. This has made foreign investors nervous. Further when the US$ was cheap to borrow in, he borrowed allot. This is coming back to bite him.

Now Erdogan is crying and begging around the world.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2018, 11:15:01 AM »

Leslie, I am also curious. From my perspective the problems both return to Erdogan.

He did nothing but make Populist comments regarding the economy and central bank. This has made foreign investors nervous. Further when the US$ was cheap to borrow in, he borrowed allot. This is coming back to bite him.

Turkey moves towards BRICS as US sanctions Turkish officials

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Annushka

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2018, 06:32:53 AM »

I see that the dynamics of the Turkish lira rate is positive for the last 2 days. I also want to know first-hand what is going on in the real dimension in Turkey?  I plan to make a trip to Siberia in early September, to my family, through Istanbul.
Leslied, please share the information. tiphat

Offline Annushka

« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2018, 06:55:40 AM »
The Turks are tearing dollars.

In a sign of solidarity with the authorities of the country.

As Ankara urged the people of Turkey to abandon the dollar massively.

And start buying Turkish lira to support the country's economy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmcnLBsnIfO/?utm_source=ig_embed

Offline Texan77

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »

Brazil is in worse shape than Ukraine.  India  Currency having same problem as Turkey. China stock market down 40 per cents from highs two years ago. Well maybe Russia wants to help?

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »

Brazil is in worse shape than Ukraine.  India  Currency having same problem as Turkey. China stock market down 40 per cents from highs two years ago. Well maybe Russia wants to help?

tiphat   :ROFL: 

You do understand that Wiz will blame others. He has a picnic basket of excuses, IMF, Zionist Bankers, Mystery Conspiracies, The Bilderberg Society, The Euro and so forth.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot