The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: When you are married  (Read 5644 times)

Offline jordyc1

When you are married
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
I have a question, im sorry but it is long :p* I have a small question about Russianwomen. I learned that on your dates, the man pays the bill (what i think is normal). But i wonderd if you are married if the woman pays something (like rent or food) I know that the man makes the money but isn't hard for the man to do that alone? Even if she is housewife, she gets some money from the state (€400-€500) do they give that to the man? For me this is every important because i'm considering to find a Russian wife.Thank you, Jordy

PS:  Please this is very important for me, contact me on [edited by mods] thank you  :thumbsup:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: When you are married
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
I have a question, im sorry but it is long :p* I have a small question about Russianwomen. I learned that on your dates, the man pays the bill (what i think is normal). But i wonderd if you are married if the woman pays something (like rent or food) I know that the man makes the money but isn't hard for the man to do that alone? Even if she is housewife, she gets some money from the state (€400-€500) do they give that to the man? For me this is every important because i'm considering to find a Russian wife.Thank you, Jordy

PS:  Please this is very important for me, contact me on [edited by mods] thank you  :thumbsup:
If you get married, they will start behaving like normal wives for some odd reason.

And every woman is different, some will contribute to the family and some won't.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »

Russian women are not for you.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 08:19:24 PM »

Russian women are not for you.

What would be a healthy and balanced approach? 

Offline yankee

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 08:26:48 PM »

I actually let my wife wear shoes too.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline jordyc1

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 02:04:09 AM »

If you get married, they will start behaving like normal wives for some odd reason.

And every woman is different, some will contribute to the family and some won't.
Thank you for answering, i know that love is more inportant than money, but i read a lot of blogs and sites about marrying a Russian woman and i really wanna find love their. But non of these sites said something about the financial part when you are married and i found this important because in Belgium we say: A warned man is worth two. So you said that after you marry them they will become "normal" ;)  Can you explain that please?  tiphat

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 02:46:00 AM »

Thank you for answering, i know that love is more inportant than money, but i read a lot of blogs and sites about marrying a Russian woman and i really wanna find love their. But non of these sites said something about the financial part when you are married and i found this important because in Belgium we say: A warned man is worth two. So you said that after you marry them they will become "normal" ;)  Can you explain that please?  tiphat

Much better you find a normal one BEFORE you marry them, makes for a much easier life  :chuckle:
Слава Україні

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 06:06:28 AM »
Be very wary of NYE.  ;D

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »

Bloody hell, which countries pay women to be housewives???
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »

I actually let my wife wear shoes too.

Creep.... :laugh:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »

Do you believe in Santa Claus..???

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »

Bloody hell, which countries pay women to be housewives???
Netherlands, does, but its only 1100 Euro/year.
OO===[][]===OO

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 10:14:16 AM »
So you said that after you marry them they will become "normal" ;)  Can you explain that please?  tiphat
With Normal I mean that they will behave like a wife. If you never have dated long-term, I would not recommend finding a Girl in Russia,Ukraine or anywhere else. It adds extra difficulty to relationships. Plus it costs a ton of money on top of what a woman normally needs (either by working or getting free meals from you/gov't).

OO===[][]===OO

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 10:31:36 AM »
So you said that after you marry them they will become "normal" ;)  Can you explain that please?  tiphat
With Normal I mean that they will behave like a wife. If you never have dated long-term, I would not recommend finding a Girl in Russia,Ukraine or anywhere else. It adds extra difficulty to relationships. Plus it costs a ton of money on top of what a woman normally needs (either by working or getting free meals from you/gov't).

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

the funeral director!  LMAO!  reminds me of the guy who wanted a beer and something good on TV when he came home.  there was his wife naked with legs apart sitting on the TV when he came home, beer in hand.  :party0031:

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 01:00:54 PM »

Do you believe in Santa Claus..???

yes.   :ROFL:

Offline jordyc1

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 05:18:52 AM »
Look i just mean, do Russian woman in general mind finding a job, because it is hard to live with 2 from 1 loon. I really love the Russian culture, but life isn't cheap, so please only normal answers

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 05:34:21 AM »
Look i just mean, do Russian woman in general mind finding a job, because it is hard to live with 2 from 1 loon. I really love the Russian culture, but life isn't cheap, so please only normal answers.

A FSU women arriving in your home country is not going to walk into a job the day after she arrives. There will be a significant petiod of adjustment when she will be dependent on you, totally. For her every need.
If you can't afford to support two on a single income you can't afford this.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 05:34:33 AM »
Look i just mean, do Russian woman in general mind finding a job, because it is hard to live with 2 from 1 loon. I really love the Russian culture, but life isn't cheap, so please only normal answers

What you really mean is that you cannot afford a wife, is that correct??

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 06:54:08 AM »
Nope, RW in general work just like normal people.

You should however, factor in about 10.000-20.000 euro in advance, because thats what it will cost you to import a RW in money. It also costs time, emotions, etc.

This money will be spent on letter/translation, flights, bureaucracy, stuff she will need when first arriving in your country, etc.

For instance, the NL asks about 900 euro for an Shengen-D (long stay) visa, and thats just the visa, nothing else.
OO===[][]===OO

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 09:06:58 AM »
Here's my advice.

Girlfriends cost money, a wife cost's more. Russian ladies will work just as hard if not more so than any of the local girls, at least mine does and she's one determined girl. That said, keep in mind the saying "My moneys mine and your money is ours!".

It's all about you because if you can't share then don't get married. If you can't afford to share then don't marry a Russian girl because there's a buy in fee to get to a self sustainable point. And even then you'll be expected to look after your woman - its not like in the West where ladies pay half etc.

I'm fortunate in that I earn decent cash so I don't mind my wife spending her salary on herself - its not cheap to look classy!! I pay the bills, look after my wife and still have a few quid to please myself so its not a problem. If we didn't have this lifestyle then I know we'd adjust and she'd chip in too. Take heed though, if you can afford to look after her and don't you'll de considered a cheap skate!

Personally, I get the impression you're underfunded for this type of thing and I don't mean that in a disrespectful sense. When my wife first moved to the UK, she got home sick, frustrated with her English and wasn't in a position to start earning her own dosh. If I had been struggling too then I can only imagine the pressure it would have put on our relationship.

If you're going to ask a lady to give up her life to start a new one with you, make sure you can pay her way. Given time, circumstances change and depending on her age, she'll most likely want some kind of career or focus. My wife has found herself a great job and it certainly makes our life easy when it comes to money but I was prepared to be the sole breadwinner had it tuned out differently.

Offline jordyc1

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »
Here's my advice.

Girlfriends cost money, a wife cost's more. Russian ladies will work just as hard if not more so than any of the local girls, at least mine does and she's one determined girl. That said, keep in mind the saying "My moneys mine and your money is ours!".

It's all about you because if you can't share then don't get married. If you can't afford to share then don't marry a Russian girl because there's a buy in fee to get to a self sustainable point. And even then you'll be expected to look after your woman - its not like in the West where ladies pay half etc.

I'm fortunate in that I earn decent cash so I don't mind my wife spending her salary on herself - its not cheap to look classy!! I pay the bills, look after my wife and still have a few quid to please myself so its not a problem. If we didn't have this lifestyle then I know we'd adjust and she'd chip in too. Take heed though, if you can afford to look after her and don't you'll de considered a cheap skate!

Personally, I get the impression you're underfunded for this type of thing and I don't mean that in a disrespectful sense. When my wife first moved to the UK, she got home sick, frustrated with her English and wasn't in a position to start earning her own dosh. If I had been struggling too then I can only imagine the pressure it would have put on our relationship.

If you're going to ask a lady to give up her life to start a new one with you, make sure you can pay her way. Given time, circumstances change and depending on her age, she'll most likely want some kind of career or focus. My wife has found herself a great job and it certainly makes our life easy when it comes to money but I was prepared to be the sole breadwinner had it tuned out differently.
This is what i mean, yes i can affort to get her to my country, yes i can pay her thing (clothes, food, etc) but the only thing i was affraid for was that i can't pay al these things forever alone. I wanna spend money, time and love for her and i don't want her to get a job 2 days after she arrived. But after a year or two. And on a site i saw that they wanna make a carreer. The thing is i have enough money to find a RW and take care of her, i just wonderd if she (after a few years) can get a job that earns a little bit money (800-1200) Really thank you for helping me, thats the answer i was looking for.  :)

Offline jordyc1

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 10:22:31 AM »
 :(  :(
I want to say sorry, i was informt bad, i looked up what you need to earn with two people and see that i have 300€ over (without bonus  :biggrin: ) so i actually can affort it, really sorry for wasting your time, now i can start looking for a RW. Maybe one question: when you visit her first, howlong is the perfect time to say (1 week - 2 weeks)

PS: Somebody told me that you need almost 3000 to live with 2
Know i think od it i'm really shamed  :eeekk:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
When you are married
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »
There was a Russian lass on this forum who was married and living in Belgium and she found it very boring, something to consider because it is very boring.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline jordyc1

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 12:05:17 PM »
There was a Russian lass on this forum who was married and living in Belgium and she found it very boring, something to consider because it is very boring.
Live is as boring as you make iy, live is as fun as you make it. Belgium is a very normal country, you can do lots of things here, and i will make sure that my RW isn't bored  :chuckle: