The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Being turned down by a younger women...  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Being turned down by a younger women...
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 02:50:29 AM »
My parents had some friends come over to St Petersburg last summer..

They are old folk in their 70's and were advised NOT to use cash machines as many foreigners get robbed taking money out at ATM's  and were also advised NOT to go out late in the evenings..?

More Western shit, probably a little coming from the Hollywood movies .. :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 04:05:38 AM »
OMG

someone quoted andrewfi and I see he's still posting daft ...

So, I accept his 'challenge'

Barber of Siberia 1998

Crime and Punishment - BBC 2002 - a pretty accurate rendition of Dostoevsky's novel, yes ?

War and Peace- BBC 2015 - shown on Russian TV - started during peak viewing time of New Years' holiday period 2016

The list is endless .. these were but three examples from France / UK productions

Your really ought to get to Russia, andrewfi

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »
Well,  parts is because parts is usually all that Russia is when portrayed in movies.

Finding parts of movies in which Russia is shown positively is not easy. Can you suggest three movies that are not Russian that portray Russia in a positive light in the parts where Russia is the backdrop or subject?

#1  -  The Russian House, 1990 oddly enough I have not see it but I think it qualifies

#2  -   Reds from 1981 with Warren Beatty.

#3  -  While Russia is not the back drop some foggy island off the coast of New England is with a 'Russian Submarine Crew' The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming of 1966, good stuff.

#4  -  Red Heat from 1988. Funny and odd Moscow and Chicago cop subject in one film.

So we see Andrew is clueless. On the other side I suspect there are many more Hollywood films about say China or Japan.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
Well,  parts is because parts is usually all that Russia is when portrayed in movies.

Finding parts of movies in which Russia is shown positively is not easy. Can you suggest three movies that are not Russian that portray Russia in a positive light in the parts where Russia is the backdrop or subject?

#1  -  The Russian House, 1990 oddly enough I have not see it but I think it qualifies

#2  -   Reds from 1981 with Warren Beatty.

#3  -  While Russia is not the back drop some foggy island off the coast of New England is with a 'Russian Submarine Crew' The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming of 1966, good stuff.

#4  -  Red Heat from 1988. Funny and odd Moscow and Chicago cop subject in one film.

So we see Andrew is clueless. On the other side I suspect there are many more Hollywood films about say China or Japan.

I don't think that Andrew or Steve are clueless.  I get what Steve was trying to say I just think he exaggerated a bit.  :biggrin:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 11:23:33 AM »
I get what Steve was trying to say I just think he exaggerated a bit.  :biggrin:

Steve ALWAYS exaggerates, that is why we are amused by his posts. They can be blast of fresh Siberian air. I suspect he is not so clueless in the real world.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 12:56:36 AM »
I get what Steve was trying to say I just think he exaggerated a bit.  :biggrin:

Steve ALWAYS exaggerates, that is why we are amused by his posts. They can be blast of fresh Siberian air. I suspect he is not so clueless in the real world.

Nothing with a little exaggeration for some fun..BUT I never exaggerate in real life. I mean I don't go out in the evening telling everyone I have 50k in my pocket when really I only have 50 roubles.. :ROFL:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 10:59:39 PM »
BUMP

Some how this thread has two components, being nexted by a young lady and films about Russia.

In the latter category there is "Dans les forêts de Siberia"

Just for the beauty of the filming worth seeing, the plot though is interesting. It contrasts a Western European mentality to that of a Russian one.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4643432/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 12:02:16 AM »
I have never been turned down - on a dating site - by a younger women - they wrote to me ...  They mostly NEVER read your profile, properly - even if you write you seek a wife - not another  'daughter' ...

I can imagine that many of these guys get a little bitter about it though, especially those who might have bought apartments for their little darlings. ;)

There's the 'venomous' andrewfi at play - trying to bump up the post-count ..spends a lot of time 'imagining' ...

It is always telling when perennially single guys 'mock' others idea of relationships .... 

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd