The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Being turned down by a younger women...  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Being turned down by a younger women...
« on: November 02, 2016, 06:56:16 AM »
Why is so many old grand papas searching a young Russian beauty will always come out with the same comment when turned down by a young women??

98% of the time they will say nearly exactly the same bullshit!

"I wish you luck in finding your young drunk and women beater Russian man"  :'(

Very easy to understand why so many of these men spend half their life on multiple sites..Its only Hollywood keeping the bride industry going!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Being turned down by a younger women...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 08:22:51 AM »
Is that what they say?

I can imagine that many of these guys get a little bitter about it though, especially those who might have bought apartments for their little darlings. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:30:12 AM »
Is that what they say?

I can imagine that many of these guys get a little bitter about it though, especially those who might have bought apartments for their little darlings. ;)

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:03:58 AM »
Another common saying is something like :

"Well stay in bloody Russia then and work in the hair salon forever!!"

Yes some get really angry about it.. Can you imagine a 70 years old ,who live's in some shitty apartment, has fag burns all over his sofa, ash trays all over the place.. picks up the pension on a Friday and probably impotent , but you just can't figure out why some young beauty queen is not interested in marrying him. This is normal behaviour for many.

Some of these guys will stay forever searching just hoping the Hollywood movies really are true.

I feel sorry for some of the women..I dread to think how some people live.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »

Yes some get really angry about it.. Can you imagine a 70 years old ,who live's in some shitty apartment, has fag burns all over his sofa, ash trays all over the place.. picks up the pension on a Friday and probably impotent , but you just can't figure out why some young beauty queen is not interested in marrying him. This is normal behaviour for many.

Some of these guys will stay forever searching just hoping the Hollywood movies really are true.

Which Hollywood movie shows a 70 year old pensioner falling in love with a young Russian beauty queen?

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »

Which Hollywood movie shows a 70 year old pensioner falling in love with a young Russian beauty queen?

?? Don't you go to the movies or something? Every Hollywood movie!! Not exactly showing the OAP marrying a young beauty queen, but they place in your mind a pre conception of Russia I guess a kind of propaganda..

1. Its always snowing 24/7 so the people have nothing better to do than cuddle up in the metro and eat frozen potatoes.

2. Everyone drives a Lada as its all they can afford.

3. Every Russian man beats his wife(Well they do in the Hollywood movies)

4. Every Russian man is a drunkard (Well they are in most Hollywood movies)

5. Every young Russian women is a prostitute (Its the only way to make money in Russia)

4. Every body and anyone from Russia is connected to the maffia  ( They are in the Hollywood movies anyway..just like in the Equaliser )

6. All Russian men spend their life in the sauna drinking champaign with prostitutes (As they do in the Holywood movies)

5. There is NO sunshine in Russia, have you ever seen a Hollywood movie showing a nice sunny hot warm day in Russia ? with all walking about in their shorts? In all my life I have never seen this.. :laugh:

HELL!!! Its easy to understand why so many think women will do all and any thing to escape this awful life  :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Being turned down by a younger women...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 10:18:24 AM »

That would be 'Trump: The Movie'

It's not out yet but expect it to be leaked soon...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »
Probably watching too many reruns of "Beauty and the Beast".   (:)

Some think that Eastern Europe is some kind of "hell hole".  Perhaps in some respects.  But, it is nowhere close to the conditions like in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, etc., where death is widespread.  :scared0005:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 07:31:18 PM »

?? Don't you go to the movies or something? Every Hollywood movie!! Not exactly showing the OAP marrying a young beauty queen, but they place in your mind a pre conception of Russia I guess a kind of propaganda..

1. Its always snowing 24/7 so the people have nothing better to do than cuddle up in the metro and eat frozen potatoes.

5. Every young Russian women is a prostitute (Its the only way to make money in Russia)

4. Every body and anyone from Russia is connected to the maffia  ( They are in the Hollywood movies anyway..just like in the Equaliser )

6. All Russian men spend their life in the sauna drinking champaign with prostitutes (As they do in the Holywood movies)

5. There is NO sunshine in Russia, have you ever seen a Hollywood movie showing a nice sunny hot warm day in Russia ? with all walking about in their shorts? In all my life I have never seen this.. :laugh:

HELL!!! Its easy to understand why so many think women will do all and any thing to escape this awful life  :laugh:

There are a few movies about Russia but for the most part Hollywood does not make many movies about Russia. Most Americans do not have an interested in Russia. The big exception is spy movies where everyone in Russia seems to work for the Russian government. Yes the beautiful lead girl also works for the Russian government and will kill you without a second thought. But hey, everyone knows it is just a movie. On the second thought, maybe this is why Chinese girls are so popular. Can you give me a name of a movie that shows your point of view?
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 03:43:10 AM »

There are a few movies about Russia but for the most part Hollywood does not make many movies about Russia. Most Americans do not have an interested in Russia. The big exception is spy movies where everyone in Russia seems to work for the Russian government. Yes the beautiful lead girl also works for the Russian government and will kill you without a second thought. But hey, everyone knows it is just a movie. On the second thought, maybe this is why Chinese girls are so popular. Can you give me a name of a movie that shows your point of view?

"Iron man" not sure which one but one in that series starts off in Moscow, its snowing , cold and crappy old Lada cars driving about :chuckle:

The list is endless but I have no time to go searching.. mouths to feed, robata and the usual things to stay alive  :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:36 AM »
Steve is right, but it isn't whole movies, because there's not many of those, it is the elements in those movies that are as he describes. The misprotrayal confuses even those who have actually visited these palces for a short time.

Although, to be fair, in the Iron Man movie Steve mentions, I recall back in the late 90's seeing places not too far removed from the image shown in the movie. It was not untrue so much as hugely outdated.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 08:51:50 AM »
Is that what they say?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 08:58:17 AM »

From the top of my head - one of the Bourne movies & Hitman. Steve's correct in pointing out that Russia is never shown in a warm, sunny, happy light.....for whatever reason. I'd also say that many Americans do have an interest in Russia seeing that your inbred to think they're going to attack you and everyone is evil.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 06:11:51 AM »

From the top of my head - one of the Bourne movies & Hitman. Steve's correct in pointing out that Russia is never shown in a warm, sunny, happy light.....for whatever reason. I'd also say that many Americans do have an interest in Russia seeing that your inbred to think they're going to attack you and everyone is evil.

Of recent vintage there is Mother & Son presenting a very different view of Russians and there is the historical movie Russian Ark regarding the Hermitage.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 07:12:53 AM »
With respect AvHdB, Mother and Son is a Russian film. No matter how sad the content, it is not, in the context, germane to the discussion any more than Brat or Boomer would be.

Russian Ark is an historical drama about the Hermitage, made by a Russian and was a Russian/German production and, it is not, in the context, germane to the discussion any more than Brat or Boomer would be.

By the way, Brat and Boomer, both Russian movies, painted a rather bleak and cold view of Russia. They were though both representative of their time and both were, IMHO, a fairly accurate portrait of a country that was in the process of disintegration. It is my guess that more than a few more modern Hollywood movies portraying Russia referenced those two movies either intentionally or unintentionally.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »
Curious Andrew, who gave you the right to frame the discussion?

Perhaps you could be positive instead of your snide 'little' self.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »
I assume no such right. I was pointing out that your response did not set with the context of the thread. Perhaps English is not a language with which you are familiar?

Your suggestion made as much sense, in the context of the thread, as if I had started to write about your foibles and fancies. Interesting though your foibles and fancies might be they are not relevant.

But yeah, context is not really where you are good is it? As for positive, did you not notice how I made the counterpoint mentioning some Russian movies that actually DO fall into the cliche style of Hollywood movies and drew the possibility of a connection. I guess that you missed that - English not being your language n'all!

Take the time to learn something and watch those two movies and you will understand some stuff that, for now, just goes by your ears with a loud 'whoosh!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 08:12:01 AM »
I assume no such right. I was pointing out that your response did not set with the context of the thread. Perhaps English is not a language with which you are familiar?

Your suggestion made as much sense, in the context of the thread, as if I had started to write about your foibles and fancies. Interesting though your foibles and fancies might be they are not relevant.

But yeah, context is not really where you are good is it? As for positive, did you not notice how I made the counterpoint mentioning some Russian movies that actually DO fall into the cliche style of Hollywood movies and drew the possibility of a connection. I guess that you missed that - English not being your language n'all!

Take the time to learn something and watch those two movies and you will understand some stuff that, for now, just goes by your ears with a loud 'whoosh!

Andrew, You are as useful as a rusted Lada in an auto graveyard, I pointed out films that showed a Russian 'soul' that ran counter to what Hollywood offers. It seems you can only pontifart from a position of arrogance.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Andrew, You are as useful as a rusted Lada in an auto graveyard, I pointed out films that showed a Russian 'soul' that ran counter to what Hollywood offers. It seems you can only pontifart from a position of arrogance.
Except the topic on-point was that Hollywood always paints a largely bleak Russia.

So Andrew was correct on pointing out to you that we were on the topic of Hollywood movies and how they portray Russia.

I wouldn't think it strange that Russian movies do not paint Russia in a bad light. Except maybe the sovjet-time framed movies like Sobatche Serdse (Heart of Dog) and Master/Margarita miniseries , or likewise movies.

I really like the Movie of Nasha Russia, jajca Sudby ... great humour.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »
Nasha Russia based on Little Britain..
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 01:06:08 PM »

Steve's correct in pointing out that Russia is never shown in a warm, sunny, happy light.....for whatever reason. I'd also say that many Americans do have an interest in Russia seeing that your inbred to think they're going to attack you and everyone is evil.

For what it's worth, my mother is still getting used to the idea of my relocating to Russia.  Initially, she was fairly well distraught about the whole idea.  She admitted that probably a lot of it has to do with her ideas about Russia that she formed growing up in North America during the Cold War.  If I was off to, say, Great Britain or whatever, she would wish me well.  But now, she probably thinks I'm going to end up in the gulag.  :chuckle:

Current western media portrayals of Russia and it's government don't help matters either.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 01:43:48 PM »
I haven't noticed an entire film which portrays Russia in a real negative light.  Parts of films yes, but maybe I just didn't take it too seriously.  The Olympics in Sochi I thought did a very good job overall of portraying Russia in a positive light. 

Plenty of American films criticize the USA with satire or more direct humor as well.  Not a big deal, again.  But I can see for some they would be fearful of Russia if they never visited or never met any good Russian people. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »
Well,  parts is because parts is usually all that Russia is when portrayed in movies.

Finding parts of movies in which Russia is shown positively is not easy. Can you suggest three movies that are not Russian that portray Russia in a positive light in the parts where Russia is the backdrop or subject?

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 02:24:11 PM »
Well,  parts is because parts is usually all that Russia is when portrayed in movies.

Finding parts of movies in which Russia is shown positively is not easy. Can you suggest three movies that are not Russian that portray Russia in a positive light in the parts where Russia is the backdrop or subject?

Probably not.  Although I'm certainly no expert on films about Russia or even films which portray parts about Russia.  I did like this move a lot and it seemed mostly positive to me.  The cinematography about the Russian harvest was beautiful.

http://www.focusfeatures.com/anna_karenina/

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 02:45:48 PM »
I remember seeing trailers for it and it looked quite smashing. Of course it is a Russian novel so not quite in the mould of Hollywood movies,  but yeah,  okay!

Now for a list of more movies based on Russian novels from days long gone by...
But that's probably not what Steve was getting at either.  ;)