The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: From matchmaking to Tinder: Finding love in Russia through the ages  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Enthusiast

Re: From matchmaking to Tinder: Finding love in Russia through the ages
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 05:49:54 PM »
I went through 1000's of photos on Tinder and found ZERO matches after 5 months (local US, not Russian or Ukrainian). On Mamba, I get over 20 "This Girl Liked Your Photo" messages per day, dozens of winks, some women message me with "Marry Me!" (jokingly of course).

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: From matchmaking to Tinder: Finding love in Russia through the ages
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:37:29 PM »
I went through 1000's of photos on Tinder and found ZERO matches after 5 months (local US, not Russian or Ukrainian). On Mamba, I get over 20 "This Girl Liked Your Photo" messages per day, dozens of winks, some women message me with "Marry Me!" (jokingly of course).

my personal with American dating sites is that they're essentially a way for strippers, hookers and web cam girls to attempt to get your email and then bombard you with ads for adult sites and spam. 

there are of course the lovely "big beautiful women" hoping for some lucky man to wine and dine them. oh joy.