The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Want to marry a Russian? This is how you go about it  (Read 418 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Want to marry a Russian? This is how you go about it
« on: October 07, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »
Not that often you find current articles on marrying a Russian. Pretty basic information but still a good read.

Want to marry a Russian? This is how you go about it

http://rbth.com/politics_and_society/2016/10/07/want-to-marry-a-russian-this-is-how-you-go-about-it_636791
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Want to marry a Russian? This is how you go about it
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:57:52 AM »
It's a nice article, not overly detailed.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Online Tom Cat

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:16:35 AM »
'They want brides with white skin and blue eyes': Rich Chinese businessmen pay thousands of pounds to go on 'wife tours' of Siberia due to a shortage of women in their country

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3832111/They-want-brides-white-skin-blue-eyes-Rich-Chinese-businessmen-pay-thousands-pounds-wife-tours-Siberia-shortage-women-country.html
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:23:49 AM »
'All the girls who we invited are under 35-years-old.

Wow, sign me up.   :king:

Offline Annushka

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
And Russian women want to get away from wife beating alcoholic men...

There's always a story.

In the 19-20 centuries, there was a saying in Russia: "Beats - means love."
Please, Uncle, be reasonable. We live in the 21st century. Every other person has a car in Russia. This means that he does not have time to drink Russian vodka.
Every second person in Russia  has higher education and sports. I think to beat sports equipment, there is a great benefit.
I also have a question here. Why the choice of wives, you are guided by the length of legs? Why not brain activity? The gene pool has not been canceled. Continuation of your choice, you will see in the children and grandchildren. :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 01:35:26 PM »
Please note, because your quote missed the context. My point was not to say that this stuff was generally true (although there are wife beaters everywhere and alcoholics everywhere. This was a story told by people interested in manipulating the lonely gullible wife hunter with more money than sense.

There's always a story behind every con. There's a story behind every sale. Very often both have a root in some fact but are probably not true in most instances.

And Russian women want to get away from wife beating alcoholic men...

There's always a story.

In the 19-20 centuries, there was a saying in Russia: "Beats - means love."
Please, Uncle, be reasonable. We live in the 21st century. Every other person has a car in Russia. This means that he does not have time to drink Russian vodka.
Every second person in Russia  has higher education and sports. I think to beat sports equipment, there is a great benefit.
I also have a question here. Why the choice of wives, you are guided by the length of legs? Why not brain activity? The gene pool has not been canceled. Continuation of your choice, you will see in the children and grandchildren. :)

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus