The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Buy Me a Vacation!  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
Buy Me a Vacation!
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:52:34 PM »
I found this one interesting.... Do you think this is just a really clumsy way of trying to say she isn't interested in any Keyboard Romeos?  Or???  :chuckle: :laugh:

"Self description:
Plz write me only about 2 way e-tickets For 2 weeks + hotel ONLY ! ! ! I will not repluy for usual messege. We can make video call with 1 time. Buy.
Ideal match description:
hello. Im looking somebody from italy or usa"

I can't tell whether she means "buy" as in "goodbye" or as an imperative "Buy!"  Either way, it seems the perfect way to conclude that self description.. :ROFL:

Offline Gipsy

Re: Buy Me a Vacation!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:51:02 PM »
I found this one interesting.... Do you think this is just a really clumsy way of trying to say she isn't interested in any Keyboard Romeos?  Or???  :chuckle: :laugh:

"Self description:
Plz write me only about 2 way e-tickets For 2 weeks + hotel ONLY ! ! ! I will not repluy for usual messege. We can make video call with 1 time. Buy.
Ideal match description:

I can't tell whether she means "buy" as in "goodbye" or as an imperative "Buy!"  Either way, it seems the perfect way to conclude that self description.. :ROFL:

Reads to me as if she wants someone to treat her to a free holiday somewhere, and what will the buyer get in return, well, that obvious...
 tiphat :thumbsup:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »

"Self description:
Ideal match description:

I suspect there is only one way to find out.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Jerash

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:15:06 AM »
You have to admire her transparency. :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »
You have to admire her transparency. :)

There's plenty of women who do this and it makes for a very pleasant leisure experience for both men and women. There's no point in mincing words and proper men and women know that to do so simply leads to faulty expectations and disappointment. That's not the slavic way.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 05:44:43 PM »
On some PPL dating sites, I am receiving "dear John" responses from some ladies after writing to them about how difficult international dating is and all of the other many problems with long distance romance.  Not sure if the agency will approve of it, but the translator did send me the messages.   tiphat
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Not sure what you're getting at here but if you are writing to profiles telling them how hard it is to deal with them then, for sure, any genuine women are likely to write you off instantly.

If it is all too difficult for you are you sure this is something that it is worth your while to do?

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 11:43:51 PM »
I guess I am referring to the criticism of PPL sites where the goal is to keep customers writing to keep them paying out.  Supposedly, most profiles on PPL sites are not serious or genuine.  So the agency translator would be doing a disservice to the company by "writing off" customers.

I guess I was trying to provide a more realistic viewpoint of international dating in my communications.  As with most blind dates, the results do not often turn out to be what you expected.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 12:53:46 AM »
In a new relationship it does not help attain good outcomes when you start out by telling folks how shitty stuff is.

If you think that where you are now is hard then wait until you actually get started.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 02:32:05 AM »

"Self description:
Ideal match description:

Is there not a web site for women who want to be so-called travel dates/partners? There must a market for that sort of thing.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »
Is there not a web site for women who want to be so-called travel dates/partners?

There is. Miss Travel is one, I forget the other big one.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Cobaka

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 10:47:43 AM »

"Self description:
Ideal match description:

You know, there are plenty of women locally that will provide you a "vacation" if the price is right too.  :)

I don't want to offend this "lady" but you might let her know she should word things better or her "profession" might be questioned.  tiphat

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 01:35:22 PM »

"Self description:
Ideal match description:

You know, there are plenty of women locally that will provide you a "vacation" if the price is right too.  :)

I don't want to offend this "lady" but you might let her know she should word things better or her "profession" might be questioned.  tiphat

VK also has many ladies interested in a free holiday...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Jerash

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Well, I have no interest in contacting this lady or any other ladies looking just for a nice holiday.

However, I am happy to give you the link if you would like to school her on the art of subtlety or to Andrew if he would like to take her up on her proposition! ;)

Offline Boris

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Is there not a web site for women who want to be so-called travel dates/partners?

There is. Miss Travel is one, I forget the other big one.

As I remember Lucky Lovers had a section of their site devoted to "vacation buddies."

Registration