The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Starting up in Ukraine  (Read 3961 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Starting up in Ukraine
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
Making a business in Ukraine! We advertise in Yandex.ru all ok no big problems.. THEN it comes to advertising in Yandex.ua    Its pretty well the usual Ukrainian story... forget about it! fake clicks/fake women/marriage agencies/other sites clicking your ads.. I think they have some set up like maybe 20 women working for them in some stupid sitting room and the boss says "When your home tonight girls I want each of you to click this link and make a fake profile"

Its so pathetic it is laughable..and its funny you can have a Russian site not really much trouble with web site hackers .. Ukrainian well you just sit and wait for some asshole to try.
Every thing in Ukraine stinks, and if its anything to do with dating women even more so.

A sad state of affairs ... :(

Steve I really think your problem with not being able to raise your rates and make any much money in the dating business has to do with your prejudges. I dated in the Ukraine and did not have such problem. No it was not prefect and yes I ran into some girls on the scam but you know if you are an older guy dating younger girls that happens every where including here. But there are real girls there that want to find a real man. You seem to be so clueless you do not even seem to understand what these girl are wanting in a man. Then you have a dis like for Americans and total hate for the USA this even narrows your market more. You might find some really classless person that does not notice but most of us will. Basically men from the USA date Ukrainians not Russians. If you do not like either how are you going to do well in this business? European tend to date Russian not Ukrainians though I have met Europeans in the Ukraine dating also.

At this point in time I have hired a number of Ukrainians to work on my girls flat. They all have work very hard for a very reasonable rate. I think I got ripped off less there than I would here. Sub contractor are not usually the countries most honest people. It is true that I have tried to hire photo editors and such and that really did not work out. It was so obviously that it was not going to work out I never hired any of them. But guess what, artist of all types including web site builders are among the most unreliable people you find in the USA also. The Ukraine is just not better. I have a good time when I go to the Ukraine and most of the people are usually very nice to me.

Besides the rather painful hatred that Steve express towards all things Ukraine. I sort of wonder when was Steve's last visit to Ukraine.

There are two different 'economies' being discussed. Like Texan I have not had any problem working with individuals on the flat of my wife in Kiev. But I also suspect Tex as I am are very hands on and can figure things out on our own. Whether hanging wall paper, refinishing floors or installing items. Though I do not get involved with gas and electric installations, but the guys who have come for this sort of work have been professional and reasonable.

Panda is attempting or dreaming of starting an export business from Ukraine to the UK (I suspect England) it involves at least a couple million £. Whether he can get the venture up and running is another matter. Most of his expense will not be in Ukraine but most likely in the UK marketing. At this point I doubt he needs much of a 'roof' just common sense to get his product over the Channel. Can he loose his investment in Ukraine, yes. Can he make money in the UK perhaps. But I wonder does the UK need another vodka product?

Nearly two years ago was my last trip to Ukraine.. Though Im off there for a few days with the wife some time in February to meet some shady Ukrainians  :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »

My main positives are that I met a beautiful girl called Alena and I'll be keeping in contact with her, that's for sure! I did enjoy ny trip outside of business and I must go back.

Every cloud has a silver lining ? :)

Where is the silver lining then? ???

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »
This is how it is in Ukraine...

https://www.kyivpost.com/business/french-winemaker-odesa-oblast-says-business-attack.html

Ukrainians get extremely jealous if your business is succeeding and want a slice...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 08:12:08 AM »

https://www.kyivpost.com/business/french-winemaker-odesa-oblast-says-business-attack.html

Ukrainians get extremely jealous if your business is succeeding and want a slice...

Its called "F*** lazy"

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 09:36:43 AM »
You see Steve you started off shady Ukrainians before you even met them. Now that is really having an open mind.  :'( I am sure after you met them all your worse thoughts were confirmed. Amazing how that works out.

Yea, Ukraine is so corrupt that I am thinking of buying a second apartment in the Ukraine. I found my girl was really good at getting this work done and controlling cost. I was really pleasantly surprise at how well this worked. She was able to get the work done so cheaply and so well that I never did any work on the flat myself. I went over there and bought supplies and paid the labor.

My girl is needing less support now with new apartment. So the flat in the Ukraine is returning on the investment if you think of it like that.

I am having her trained to do photo editing. We are planning to have a new business where I find her clients from the USA and she edits the pictures in the Ukraine. This will require a very small amount of money both in training as well as the computer to work on. Her private teacher is costing me $7.50 per hour and she is taking classes for 6 hours a week. I already took over a editing lap top with software on it for her to learn on. She is in her second month of training now. We expect she will start to take clients in February.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »
You see Steve you started off shady Ukrainians before you even met them. Now that is really having an open mind.  :'( I am sure after you met them all your worse thoughts were confirmed. Amazing how that works out.

Yea, Ukraine is so corrupt that I am thinking of buying a second apartment in the Ukraine. I found my girl was really good at getting this work done and controlling cost. I was really pleasantly surprise at how well this worked. She was able to get the work done so cheaply and so well that I never did any work on the flat myself. I went over there and bought supplies and paid the labor.

My girl is needing less support now with new apartment. So the flat in the Ukraine is returning on the investment if you think of it like that.

I am having her trained to do photo editing. We are planning to have a new business where I find her clients from the USA and she edits the pictures in the Ukraine. This will require a very small amount of money both in training as well as the computer to work on. Her private teacher is costing me $7.50 per hour and she is taking classes for 6 hours a week. I already took over a editing lap top with software on it for her to learn on. She is in her second month of training now. We expect she will start to take clients in February.

Fair play to you and hope all works out..proof of the pudding will be in about 10 years time.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
I am sure that the girl and her boyfriend are both very grateful for your generosity.
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2016, 05:20:12 PM »

Fair play to you and hope all works out..proof of the pudding will be in about 10 years time.

This is all how you look at it. This summer will be four years. If after ten years everything blows up I will not regret it because this happens with relationships. I know many couples here that did not do well later in life. I enjoy each year as it happens and will not have regrets if one of these years it does not make it any more. I will have had tens years of pleasant company. I look at like I would spent that money I am spending in the Ukraine on something if I did not have her. I will not see it as a lost or being cheated. 

Dating did not go well for her in her twenties. Why do you think she is going to want to date again in her forties. At the ten year mark the son will be grown and she will have an empty nest. The grandchildren will likely be on there way if not already born. Hopefully she will be successful enough to get a visa to come the US as a tourist visit me often. 

My last girlfriend lasted 13 years here in the US. We are still friends. None of my relationships including my ex wife have ended in us hating each other or what you could call bad will. Why should this one be different?

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »
I am sure that the girl and her boyfriend are both very grateful for your generosity.

This is just one more of you racist remarks. I know you hate to see anything good happen to any body from the USA or anybody from Ukraine. I have already explained to you why I know she does not have a boyfriend. Still you keep on this line over and over again.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2016, 01:42:10 AM »

Here we go !..

Gypo suggests Ukrainian's get 'extremely jealous' yet overlooks that in other FSU nations - incl. Russia - there are frequent incidents where new biz' get hassled by police / local govt officials - to ensure a hard time....  [ fiends / relatives own rival firms ] I know a lovely lady from a Russian satellite town of Moscow that tried setting up a taxi service aimed at lady clients  - who endured such treatment ..

I've seen such 'games' in Cyprus - successful new night clubs burnt down and in other Levant nations.... 

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »
I was told on here prior to our trip to Kiev that best not admit to being a Brit and the current Mrs Ste to be careful cos she's Russian, turns out absolutely no problems at all actually on the ground.

Chat shit, get banged...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Boris

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »

This is just one more of you racist remarks. I know you hate to see anything good happen to any body from the USA or anybody from Ukraine. I have already explained to you why I know she does not have a boyfriend. Still you keep on this line over and over again.

Andrew's remarks are insensitive but not racist. Unless that is not a camera you are holding in your photo :-))) Like BB, I encourage the ignore function of the forum.

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2016, 10:24:36 AM »
Wir alle lieben Schadenfreude...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Boris

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2016, 10:26:31 AM »

Yep, that's a Frenchman...