The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian anti-corruption boss got busted with a large amount of cash.  (Read 943 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
I've been following this for a few days now, and the amount keeps growing. It amazes me how such large amounts of money can go missing without being missed imeaditly?

Russian anti-corruption boss alleged to have €300mn in Swiss banks, after $120mn found at his flat

https://www.rt.com/news/359330-russia-corruption-bank-switzerland/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Russian anti-corruption boss got busted with a large amount of cash.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »
Makes you wonder about the $6.5 TRILLION lost by the US military, no?

But yes, the scale of this thing in Russia is terrible. Not so much the amount of money but the person involved, his position and the scale of greed. Worse still it says nothing good about Russian attempts to clear up corruption. I am sure that trails will be followed and some big names - people and businesses are going to be fingered.

Handled well this good be a good thing for Russia; handled badly and it will be a retrograde step.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:41:08 PM »
This article does not deal with the subject of this individual, but one can see how Putin deals with incompitnance, and or corruption.

Watch Putin Handle Corruption Like a BOSS (Video)

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/watch-putin-handle-corruption-boss-video/ri16500
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 01:54:07 PM »
A little bit more information on the corruption scandal.

U.S. asked to join probe into Russian anti-corruption official

http://rbth.com/politics_and_society/2016/09/16/us-asked-to-join-probe-into-russian-anti-corruption-official_630551

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »
BOSS PUTIN: 14 High Ranking Officials FIRED for Flouting President's Order (VIDEO)

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/boss-putin-14-high-ranking-officials-fired-flouting-presidents-order-video/ri17886

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 06:35:29 AM »
This article does not deal with the subject of this individual, but one can see how Putin deals with incompitnance, and or corruption.

:)))

TC - if you actually knew anything about Russia - you'd know that Putin should start at home..Let's start with Peskov's watch - 25-30 times his salary and the Cayman Island registered yacht's in Sochi port ;)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration