The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: looking to find a nice guy for my sister in law  (Read 7574 times)

Offline iceman_530

• Spouses Country: Uzbekistan
  • Trips: 1-5
looking to find a nice guy for my sister in law
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:31:00 AM »
Hey all, havent posted in awhile but am back to try and help out my sister in law, and maybe one of you fine gents by default find yourselves a nice girl.  First a rundown on me. used the site awhile back, learned a TON about what to do and what not to do.  We had ourselves an amazing 2 week trip in Kiev, St Pete, and Moscow.  We have a few problems like most other people but we love each other and can work through it.  Been married 3.5 years and still going strong, so dont let anyone tell you that this can't work anymore.  there ARE success stories and I am one of them, and I dont think i would have been as successful without reading up on here first.  Probly would have done the anastasiadate thing and fell on my face without the research done here.

SO i guess I want to kind of pay it forward and help someone else who is now part of my family now through marriage.  I am trying to find a nice guy for my sister's wife: Indira.  Indira is from Tashkent, Uzbekistan.  She is Muslim, but very liberal about it, you wont need to convert or accomodate too much, if at all (i didnt have to with mine).  Im so committed to the process I just mailed her a tablet she should be getting in the next few weeks so she can skype and video and all that other stuff.  She currently does have an EM account but cant access it much because she doesnt have a computer.  Currently she has viber, whats app, that sort of thing.  She does not have much money and can barely afford her rent,  but good lord is she beautiful.  She is 26 years old and trying to start her new career as a teacher (as youll see pics below).  I can vouch 1000 percent her intentions are sincere and you wont be scammed by her.  She is trying to find a guy overseas seeing how successful it was for me and my wife (Malika).  Obviously her biggest disadvantage would be the language thing, but if I can push through it as family and a friend, I am sure a guy who is committed to the chase will not let that hinder him.  Pictures to follow.

Again, if you have any questions about her, about Uzbek women, feel free to hit me up here and I can give you a good run down on it.  Im not completely sure if this is the right place to post it but i know it is the area on the forum that gets the most exposure, so hopefully it can stay here.

Offline iceman_530

Re: looking to find a nice guy for my sister in law
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:31:59 AM »
more pics.  that is all gents, hoping for the best

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 08:38:53 AM »
Best wishes for her finding an honest partner.

Too young for me, and besides, my Mrs would crack my head if she knew I was looking elsewhere lol

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
Ditto, her who must be obeyed would have my goolies for breakfast...

She certainly is a lovely looking young lady...

Wish her and you the very best of luck ....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »
I met a Muslim woman from the Caucus region and while the relationship did not develop I found her both generous in spirit and a kind soul. I have met and spoken in length to some African Muslim women and the Euro-Asian are very different, in a good way.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Haventhrow

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »
Do you have her profile number for EM? You can't search by name.
What is her max age for a husband...I am sure I am too old, but I have a cousin who is 45....nice looking guy, good job, recently divorced, 1 son age 12.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 01:21:33 AM »
I think when one is given the chance for direct contact with a woman, it might be a good idea to pursue that avenue,

If the Iceman vets your cousin than he might just be catching a keeper.

Offline Haventhrow

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 01:35:59 AM »
Just wanted to try to get some info on her from her profile online....I am letting my cousin know to look at Rua.

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 10:23:13 PM »
She is 26. "I am sure I am too old but my cousin is 45." I'm getting the creepy crawlies. There was a similar age gap between Dostoyevsky and his wife. But that was 150 years ago! Blimey!

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
Jerash, until you get on airplane and visit the former Soviet Union your opinions have little value. As in both Europe and North America there are those who have rewarding and rich relationships where there is a large age difference.

Some of these relationships are between men from the West and Slavic women. Please you should neither judge or presume.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 11:24:12 PM »
Avhdb - have a look at my posts on this forum. I have been there. Multiple times. And planning to go again soon for a much longer stay.

One of the first things I remember taking away from this forum, is that a 15 year age difference is about the maximum for the possibility of a relationship truly working out. So don't be surprised that at 19 years age difference you are going to find people divided and on both sides of the fence. I would never judge a happy relationship with a 20 year age difference, but I won't be jumping up to support American men meeting their juniors by 20 years either hoping for marital bliss. Because it probably isn't going to happen.

We just have different views on this and I don't mean any disrespect to you.

I'm younger than the proposed gent and personally, 26 is too young for me. My personal view is it's too young for him too. That's my opinion.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »
Avhdb - have a look at my posts on this forum. I have been there. Multiple times. And planning to go again soon for a much longer stay.

One of the first things I remember taking away from this forum, is that a 15 year age difference is about the maximum for the possibility of a relationship truly working out. So don't be surprised that at 19 years age difference you are going to find people divided and on both sides of the fence. I would never judge a happy relationship with a 20 year age difference, but I won't be jumping up to support American men meeting their juniors by 20 years either hoping for marital bliss. Because it probably isn't going to happen.

We just have different views on this and I don't mean any disrespect to you.

I'm younger than the proposed gent and personally, 26 is too young for me. My personal view is it's too young for him too. That's my opinion.

I can respect your view point.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »

Put simply this viewpoint is complete and utter b*llshit.  You are entitled to hold your views but when yo utilize them to pass judgement on other people's lives I will call you to account.

My wife and I have a 20+year age difference.  We will celebrate 13 years of marriage later this month.  We have been dealing with the prejudice your comment embodies all our married lives.  The behemoth age difference thread on this site presents every prejudice imaginable.  Plain fact is this choice is down to the two people involved.  If they are happy, then what right have others to pass judgement on their decision?  None, in my opinion.

I can think of six other large age difference marriages that have lasted more than a dozen years.  One of which has a 31 year age difference...

Online Texan77

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 07:13:31 AM »
 I think the hidden key in whether a big age gap will work or not is often the children. Then women's need to have them and the man's willingness, and ability to provide and care for them. If a man is already retirement age who is going to pay and emotional support  these unborn children while they go to college? Does the man have enough years left to raise the family he is wanting? If the couple does not have children and she has never had any what is her life going to be like when he is gone? My mother lived twenty years after my father died. If she did not have me and my brother it would not of been a good twenty years.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Boris

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »
I think the hidden key in whether a big age gap will work or not is often the children. Then women's need to have them and the man's willingness, and ability to provide and care for them. If a man is already retirement age who is going to pay and emotional support  these unborn children while they go to college? Does the man have enough years left to raise the family he is wanting? If the couple does not have children and she has never had any what is her life going to be like when he is gone? My mother lived twenty years after my father died. If she did not have me and my brother it would not of been a good twenty years.

It is the big variable. We have friends here that split up over that question. Their age gape wasn't huge but she wanted to have kids and he apparently reneged. They are now divorced and it took no time before she was snapped up by someone her own age. The bottom line is if you marry a women from the FSU that doesn't have kids she is going to want one. There may be exceptions but I haven't met one yet.

If you are a 45 year old man and you marry the 26 year old women pictured above you better have your sh*t together because she will be pursued by younger men who do.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 07:43:39 AM »

Put simply this viewpoint is complete and utter b*llshit.  You are entitled to hold your views but when yo utilize them to pass judgement on other people's lives I will call you to account.

My wife and I have a 20+year age difference.  We will celebrate 13 years of marriage later this month.  We have been dealing with the prejudice your comment embodies all our married lives.  The behemoth age difference thread on this site presents every prejudice imaginable.  Plain fact is this choice is down to the two people involved.  If they are happy, then what right have others to pass judgement on their decision?  None, in my opinion.

I can think of six other large age difference marriages that have lasted more than a dozen years.  One of which has a 31 year age difference...

I'm really VERY and SINCERELY happy for you and your wife. I think it is great that you have a successful marriage and I say the same for the others you mentioned.

I pass no judgement on you not on anyone who is in a happy, mutually satisfying relationship with a significant age difference.

It's just my opinion that it would be hard for such a relationship to work out and so I wouldn't proactively encourage it. I'm not judging anyone's decisions; I just so happen to think that a happy, long-term union, is not the most likely wrong. And of course there are exceptions to this. And in my view, that's super as I wouldn't wish unhappiness upon anyone.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
She is 26. "I am sure I am too old but my cousin is 45." I'm getting the creepy crawlies. There was a similar age gap between Dostoyevsky and his wife. But that was 150 years ago! Blimey!

I think you are going to discover (and indeed, already have) that "age gap shaming" isn't particularly popular in these parts.

In my own view, if two people of whatever description and characteristics can find happiness together on this dump of a planet, the more power to them.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline iceman_530

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »
I appreciate the interest, she requested no more than 40.  But hey, if you are a dashing, swell guy with a boatload of personality, I say give it a whirl :p.  If you want to private message me like, uh, i guess you would on EM, with a few flattering pictures of yourself I can forward that her way and see what she thinks.  Cant hurt right?

Offline iceman_530

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 06:28:19 PM »
What is her max age for a husband...I am sure I am too old, but I have a cousin who is 45....nice looking guy, good job, recently divorced, 1 son age 12.

We tried to set up an EM profile, Im not sure she acesses it much.  Im hoping that changes when her tablet arrives.  If you got a few nice pictures of your cousin, tell me a bit about him i can relay that info, send it private message.  cant hurt

Edit: sorry, double post!  my bad

Offline Haventhrow

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »

I probably should have chosen my wording better, wasn't expecting to start a debate. I showed my cousin the site...he said she was gorgeous, but he was concerned about the age gap and religious differences. I'll tell him you said to send pictures and a short bio.

Offline iceman_530

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »

I probably should have chosen my wording better, wasn't expecting to start a debate. I showed my cousin the site...he said she was gorgeous, but he was concerned about the age gap and religious differences. I'll tell him you said to send pictures and a short bio.

good stuff, he still interested or is the religious thing turning him off?

From first hand experience i can tell you I have had not needed to deviate my atheism at all :p.  When I drink she doesnt say a word.  When i forget to take my shoes off at the doorway however...........  :hidechair: :GRRRR:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »
Experience suggests that one god botherer and an atheist can get on well, as long as they understand that the relationship is not a place for proselytising. But when one has two people with different brands of god bothering preference then there's trouble.

Kinda like a person interested in politics can get on fine with a partner who has no interest, but when their political affiliations differ - watch the sparks fly. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tripleg

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
Iceman, your sister in law is gorgeous, and has the type of exotic look that I really like! Unfortunately I am in agreement with a few other members around here when I say that the Muslim element does not help. Were she Orthodox Christian or agnostic i'd be the first one to send you an email asking for her contact info as I am not far from her age and successful :)

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 04:19:54 AM »
The muslims from the Stans (or Russia) are typically not like the muslims from the middle east, for example.

They tend to be much more flexible about things as mentioned by Iceman, who when last checked, is married to one.

The fact is that they are more stable, make better wives, and willing to go the long haul with someone than a Russian woman, generally speaking of course.

I have dated a few Russian muslims (Tajiks, Uzbeks, Kazakhs, etc.) and found them to come in all shades, and even RW have admitted to me that they make better wives.

It's amazing to me that anyone would make judgments on someone they haven't met. I suggest arranging a meeting in some from, talk and see what happens. Only by getting to know someone can one discern whether they are compatible or not. You never know until you try, but one thing is for sure; if you think someone is not compatible before you even meet them, then they will for sure be just that.

Give it a go, and then decide instead of waving the white flag before even attempting to find out for sure. 
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 05:19:46 AM »
Interesting perspective. 

What characteristics make them better wives? 

I could see them being more faithful due to the tabu associated with sex in their religion. 

What happened with the ones you dated that it did not work out in the end? 

I was told by a taxi driver in Moscow that to them their husband is like a God.  Not sure what to make of it. 

I have noticed some Russian women do have a bad attitude sometimes.  Not all, just some.  They can come off a bit harsh sometimes.