The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Lucky Escape  (Read 337 times)

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Lucky Escape
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:31:50 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

When a high powered career woman is asked on a romantic date by her boyfriend, she decides to end their relationship there and then. Not content to let her man down gently, she goes in all guns blazing, prepared even to vent her spleen, but is she really prepared for the outcome?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3pjq0WAupc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3pjq0WAupc</a>

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

"For every beauty there is an eye to see it. For every truth there is an ear to hear it."

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Lucky Escape
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
LOL   :laugh:

I thought she was going to pop out of that dress that she was wearing.   :evilgrin0002:   :loving:   :whist11: :eeekk:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
Man Wiz, When you post a corker it is beyond the top.  :thumbsup:

Tell me I sense the 'female' accent is Essex but maybe I am wrong.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 08:40:24 PM »

Wrong... the short film was produced in Dublin by the Irish Shane McCabe.
"For every beauty there is an eye to see it. For every truth there is an ear to hear it."

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:50:15 AM »

tiphat
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
Gary and Tracy Richardson's Wedding
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »
Gary and Tracy Richardson's Wedding

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMrvcORsDLI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMrvcORsDLI</a>

:party0011: :party0011: :party0011:

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

No Irish or even British accents there - all US surely???
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 02:00:31 AM »

No Irish or even British accents there - all US surely???

This from the youtube credits:

Lucky Escape | Directed by Shane McCabe

Uploaded on 13 Sep 2011
When a high powered career woman is asked on a romantic date by her boyfriend, she decides to end their relationship there and then. Not content to let her man down gently, she goes in all guns blazing, prepared even to vent her spleen, but is she really prepared for the outcome?

Lucky Escape is a four-minute short, which was written, produced, and directed by Shane McCabe, and shot in one day on location in Rathfarnham Village, Dublin. Although shot in Dublin with an all-Irish cast and crew, the movie sets out to explore a universal theme.

Featuring Vanessa Keogh (Veronica Guerin, The Clinic, Fair City, The Tudors) and José Mantero (Bitterness, Fair City, Hooligans, 3 Crosses, WC), the movie sets out to examine the old saying that we should always look before we leap.

The film had its world premiere at the prestigious 11th Annual Rhode Island International Film Festival 2007, and went on to screen at The New York City Audience Choice Downtown Film Festival 2007, The First Annual NiCHE Film and Music Festival 2007, the 11th Annual LA Shorts Fest 2007, The Vine Shorts Fest in Santa Monica, Los Angeles 2007, Merging Arts Short-Short Film Festival 2007, Show Off Your Shorts Film Festival, Los Angeles 2008, Palm Springs International Short Film Festival 2008, Cleveland International Film Festival 2009, Dingle Film Festival 2009, and the Underground Film Festival Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin 2009.

Having screened at numerous Academy Award accredited film festivals, it was picked up for distribution at the Palm Springs International Short Film Festival 2008, by French distributor Premium Films, who sold it to all of Latin America via the Latin American Discovery Channel, securing a worldwide deal with Network Ireland Television, who sold it to NBC Universal (Italy), HBO (Eastern and Central Europe), NBC Pan Asia, comedic website Atom.com, and UK broadcaster Channel 4, and recently to Shorts TV in the USA.

Shane McCabe - Biography

Shane was born in Dublin and graduated with a joint honours degree in economics and business studies from Trinity Collage, Dublin. After working for several years in Germany Shane returned home to study acting, enrolling in the Gaiety School of Acting. Working as an actor on the Joel Schumacher film "Veronica Guerin" inspired Shane to go on to write and direct and he has to date written and directed several short films as well as written a number of award winning feature length screenplays.

The Prescription, a three minute comedy, set in Dublin, about a tough biker who stumbles into a Chemist Shop seeking relief from a worrying medical condition and gets more than he bargained for, has just begun the international festival circuit.

Probable Cause, a whodunit thriller set off the Florida Keys, was a Quarter Finalist at the 2013 AMPAS Nicholl Fellowship in Screenwriting and a Top Six Finalist at the 2010 Austin Film Festival, and is now under consideration by several US Production Companies.

Kopkiller, a supernatural thriller which centres on a rookie narcotics detective who is given the unusual opportunity of investigating her own murder, won Best Crime/Mystery category at the 6th Annual Gotham International Film Festival Screenplay Competition 2012.

The Base, a dark psychological thriller about a young NSA profiler who must relive her own harrowing abduction to get inside the mind of a child serial killer, won Fernlief Productions inaugural Back in the Box Screenwriting Competition 2009. The film is currently being developed by Fernlief Productions and is scheduled to go into production in 2015 with Shane attached to direct.

Shane's Latin-themed feature, Next of Kin, was a Top 25 Finalist at the 2012 Screenplay Replay Contest run by The Writer's Store and received the "LSC Honourable Mention Award" at the 3rd Annual Latino Screenplay Competition 2008.