The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: "Give me your Skype"  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
"Give me your Skype"
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:41:56 AM »
Another funny point on the FSU women dating side of things. Its very funny how the minute a women asks for your e mail she is usually called a scammer  ;D . I agree they usually are up to some thing so best avoid giving your mail to any women.

BUT isn't it funny how probably about 60% of guys cannot even strike up any kind of conversation with a women to introduce them selves or at least a few messages to get some thing going.

Its a common story for guys to only know one word in the vocabulary. The women will send a message / introduction/hello and all the guy can answer with is "Skype"

Or sometimes "Give me your Skype " or it will be  just "Whats up" "Give me your whats up" not even a please there! If you was at at a bar and a young women said "Hello" what do think she would do if you just said "Give me your Skype ? Tell you to sling your hook I think.

A women could send a message "Hi Im Natasha how are you?" Man answers "Skype" 

So many dumb ass idiots out there..If you cannot be bothered to even make some effort to introduce your self for a few hours , what hope is there?

Women do not want to give every Tom Dick and Harry their Skype or whats up number after knowing a guy 0 minutes and 4 words? Would you want to be pestered non stop 24/7 ? Would you want to be speaking to your grandmother on Skype when Hey presto! Some dick head out of the blue and without even asking calls you on video chat?

So bear a little thought for the women before you ask for her Skype.. ;D

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: "Give me your Skype"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
Steve, I have heard tales of the same 'ilk'. Since the shift of RUA though few western men are active in searching and active as well on RUA. A pity I believe.

When I used Love Planet primarily and Mamba. I tried to be a bit funny or off beat as well as engaging and had my foto's (not that I am fotogenic) do the initial talking.

It worked, and I must say my odds were good, but there certainly were some odd goods.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »
BUT isn't it funny how probably about 60% of guys cannot even strike up any kind of conversation with a women to introduce them selves or at least a few messages to get some thing going.

I'm not surprised, particularly.

Its a common story for guys to only know one word in the vocabulary. The women will send a message / introduction/hello and all the guy can answer with is "Skype"

Or sometimes "Give me your Skype " or it will be  just "Whats up" "Give me your whats up" not even a please there!

While executed in-artfully, would you not agree that, from the man's side of the transaction, getting girls away from PPL and PPC sites removes an incentive for ladies (and "ladies") to profit buy churning away at letters and chats?  Indeed, we advise that very thing here on the site.

If you was at at a bar and a young women said "Hello" what do think she would do if you just said "Give me your Skype ? Tell you to sling your hook I think.

Of course, in a bar, one would be conversing with one's interlocutor IRL and, one presumes, without paying per minute.

Steve, has your wife gotten hold of your RUA password?  One wonders.  :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »

Or sometimes "Give me your Skype " or it will be  just "Whats up" "Give me your whats up" not even a please there!

While executed in-artfully, would you not agree that, from the man's side of the transaction, getting girls away from PPL and PPC sites removes an incentive for ladies (and "ladies") to profit buy churning away at letters and chats?  Indeed, we advise that very thing here on the site.

If you was at at a bar and a young women said "Hello" what do think she would do if you just said "Give me your Skype ? Tell you to sling your hook I think.

Of course, in a bar, one would be conversing with one's interlocutor IRL and, one presumes, without paying per minute.

B/B

My wife has all my passwords to keep a check on me :) 

I really do not understand why so many advise about "Getting the women away from PPL or the PPL site" anyway?

NOBODY should even be communicating with any ladies on any PLL sites anyway!!? Better than that, NOBODY should even be registered at PPL sites. They are history something, you did if you was a fool back in the 1980's certainly not in 2016!

Only fools use those sites, as for trying to advise them it will only fall on deaf ears..let them get on with it.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »
I really do not understand why so many advise about "Getting the women away from PPL or the PPL site" anyway?

Probably because we get new members who find us as part of their detox from....PPL/PPC sites.

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

Probably because we get new members who find us as part of their detox from....PPL/PPC sites.

B/B

I didn't even know there were any PPL sites still going actually. Well you have to be pretty dumb to sign up to a site like that in the first place and pay for some stupid letter! And some say the guys who search for a FSU women are usually educated.. :chuckle:  Ye right!

Offline Cobaka

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »

In fairness to the guys, most probably think they can show up and pick up any number of eastern women because they are from the west and in further fairness; these same guys are just as sad in the home countries; I know, I have heard their attempts; you would only get worse replies if you asked them about the last book they read. However, if the woman is a sportsfan; these guys are set.  :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 03:40:23 AM »
...However, if the woman is a sportsfan; these guys are set.  :)

Or if she can manage to pretend to be one (for long enough!)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 08:36:15 AM »
I have not heard of any guys saying anything like "Would you like to chat on Skype"  or something like "I have Skype if you would like to chat further"

Its just "Give me your Skype!!"

I wonder how it would be married to such a guy? "Do the washing up!"   "Clean the toilet"  "Do the ironing"  "Suck my *****"

just the sort of husband every FSU women is searching for.. :laugh:

Offline yankee

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
I have not heard of any guys saying anything like "Would you like to chat on Skype"  or something like "I have Skype if you would like to chat further"

I wonder how it would be married to such a guy? "Do the washing up!"   "Clean the toilet"  "Do the ironing"  "Suck my *****"

Your words here tell more truth than others are willing to admit.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 09:57:04 AM »

You would hear of that because it's "normal".  Just like the fire department wouldn't have a list of fires that don't happen.

I would suspect that that, typically, the social skill set of guys looking East is below average.

[sarcasm]

Should she really have to be told to do those things? 

[/sarcasm]

I think the preferred method for that last one is snapping of the fingers followed up to a gesture to the crotch.  :chuckle:

One might imagine that the women would simply "self-select" out of such relations...before they start.

B/B

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »

You would hear of that because it's "normal".  Just like the fire department wouldn't have a list of fires that don't happen.

I would suspect that that, typically, the social skill set of guys looking East is below average.

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

I think the preferred method for that last one is snapping of the fingers followed up to a gesture to the crotch.  :chuckle:

One might imagine that the women would simply "self-select" out of such relations...before they start.

B/B

Most are but thats what happens when you live with your mother until your 50!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 04:18:08 PM »
Another funny point on the FSU women dating side of things. Its very funny how the minute a women asks for your e mail she is usually called a scammer  ;D . I agree they usually are up to some thing so best avoid giving your mail to any women.

Or sometimes "Give me your Skype " or it will be  just "Whats up" "Give me your whats up" not even a please there! If you was at at a bar and a young women said "Hello" what do think she would do if you just said "Give me your Skype ? Tell you to sling your hook I think.

So many dumb ass idiots out there..If you cannot be bothered to even make some effort to introduce your self for a few hours , what hope is there?

Women do not want to give every Tom Dick and Harry their Skype or whats up number after knowing a guy 0 minutes and 4 words? Would you want to be pestered non stop 24/7 ? Would you want to be speaking to your grandmother on Skype when Hey presto! Some dick head out of the blue and without even asking calls you on video chat?

I have many email accounts and some are just junk message collectors, so not to worry about giving out my personal email account.   ;D

I have not gotten on Skype with anyone.  I have no social media presence.  I am an IT professional that operates like when computers took up the entire warehouse space.   :ROFL: :sick0012: :king:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 04:33:24 PM »

B/B

My wife has all my passwords to keep a check on me :) 

NOBODY should even be communicating with any ladies on any PLL sites anyway!!? Better than that, NOBODY should even be registered at PPL sites. They are history something, you did if you was a fool back in the 1980's certainly not in 2016!

Only fools use those sites, as for trying to advise them it will only fall on deaf ears..let them get on with it.

From my initial online dating experience from over 20 years ago, most of my contacts were genuine ladies.  At the dawn of the internet age, most of the dating profiles were not set up by scammer agencies as it is so prevalent now.  Why are people still using PPL/PPC sites?  One obvious reason is due to the visual profiles.  On some free dating sites, there are TONS of rather old, not so attractive, and plump female profiles.   :duh:  You rarely see that on PPL/PPC sites (although on occasion, a few might be on them).  Also, free sites (and social media sites) often have a very wide range of females with regards to height age, weight, ethnicity, location, etc and if you are looking for a specific type of person, the number of matching profiles is often very small.   I just read in the news yesterday that a guy in California used Tinder to search for dates in his region.  He used some kind of dating algorithm to send messages to 250,000 female profiles.  He got only a small handful of promising dates and ended up with no continuing relationship.  So you can keep playing the lottery and keep ending up with losing tickets.   :dh:   :'( :duh:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

B/B

Oh no!  I have been exposed.    ;D   :-X   :-[   :pointlaugh:
However,  my educational and professional skill set puts me head and shoulders above the average person in this country.   :king:   :thumbsup:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 02:18:45 AM »

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

B/B

Oh no!  I have been exposed.    ;D   :-X   :-[   :pointlaugh:
However,  my educational and professional skill set puts me head and shoulders above the average person in this country.   :king:   :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
my educational and professional skill set puts me head and shoulders above the average person in this country.   :king:   :thumbsup:

Your professional skill set generally isnt needed for relationships with women.

Interpersonal skills, relationship experience and the ability to relate to women will take you way further.

Not that I am suggesting you do not have these things; I dont know you well enough to comment either way. The comment was aimed more at the passing reader.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »
It doesn't really matter what you have or WHAT you say you have.. The proof of the pudding is marring a beautiful women and staying married...

And not finding yourself on the same sites year after year after year. No more to say on the matter.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 12:57:07 PM »
The proof of the pudding is marring a beautiful women and staying married...

We have our 10th anniversary in three months. I'd still marry her again tomorrow.  :smokin:

Some blokes here were "thinking about it" before we ever met. And are still single.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 02:10:14 PM »
The proof of the pudding is marring a beautiful women and staying married...

We have our 10th anniversary in three months. I'd still marry her again tomorrow.  :smokin:

Some blokes here were "thinking about it" before we ever met. And are still single.

I have seen hundreds of guys who are still on the same sites year after year many I can recognise from about 6/7 years so probably they have been doing the same for years before that.

I know the exact reason so many of these guys are stuck in a limbo for so many years wasting their lives away!

No need for anyone to spend a max of 2 years searching.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
It doesn't really matter what you have or WHAT you say you have.. The proof of the pudding is marring a beautiful women and staying married...

I'm trying to decide which part is more Freudian.  :chuckle:

Is it a race or something?  :chuckle:

B/B

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »

B/B

Is it a race or something?

No its not a race.. But tell me please why on earth any guy wants to be registered at 2/3/4 sites all at the same time for 4/5/6/7 years??
There must be some kind of underlying problem there with that person??

Of course if you just want to meet lots of women and have fun , sure why not spend 10/20 years doing it! If I was 20 again I could see myself stuck on all the sites for 10/20 years.. :laugh:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »
my educational and professional skill set puts me head and shoulders above the average person in this country.   :king:   :thumbsup:

Your professional skill set generally isnt needed for relationships with women.

Interpersonal skills, relationship experience and the ability to relate to women will take you way further.

Not that I am suggesting you do not have these things; I dont know you well enough to comment either way. The comment was aimed more at the passing reader.

Sometimes I have problems relating to myself. LOL   ;D

Note the people who share common occupations or background often are attracted to each other.  It makes the dating experience that much more smoother.

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »

B/B

Is it a race or something?

No its not a race.. But tell me please why on earth any guy wants to be registered at 2/3/4 sites all at the same time for 4/5/6/7 years??
There must be some kind of underlying problem there with that person??

Of course if you just want to meet lots of women and have fun , sure why not spend 10/20 years doing it! If I was 20 again I could see myself stuck on all the sites for 10/20 years.. :laugh:

Hmm... I have been on the dating sites for two years.  Maybe time to "sail off into the sunset"?    :-\

When I graduated from the university, I had no financial means to date internationally (think about how many current graduates have high debt upon graduation, but I was lucky to have zero debt).  However, my financial situation is MUCH different now.   :nod: :-X :thumbsup:   :money:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
The proof of the pudding is marrying a beautiful women and staying married...

What this is essentially stating is that there is no true success in a marriage until one member of the couple DIES while both are still married.   :GRAVE:

Yes, I agree with this 100%.  So until all of you married people on this dating forum is DEAD, you cannot claim success.  LOL   :ROFL: :evilgrin0002: :dh: :popcorn:

Registration