The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Who is being scammed ?  (Read 578 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Who is being scammed ?
« on: August 06, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
My wife has a wonderful way with words.. :laugh:

Recently some guy went to meet a women in kiev and within two hours she asked him to purchase a $550.00 laptop.
He complained she was a scammer and all women are the same and only want to spend money... But as the wife says "whats the bloody problem with these men? They are very happy to arrive in Ukraine and within two hours ask the women to suck his ***** then take her to a cheap coffee shop , spend all weekend in some hotel expecting sex  then return home without even buying a rose"

Who's the scammer ?

Men arrive non stop 365 days a year in Ukraine looking for sex with younger women, probably more than the genuine guys looking for a wife. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Who is being scammed ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:57 PM »
If the exchange is as immediate and short term as you imply then undoubtedly the guy would have been better off negotiating for a weekend rate with a skilled service provider.

One might accept low standards in an amateur but one might be better off hiring a skilled service provider with less messing around and almost certainly more skills and better attitude than the arrangement the guy actually has.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Steamer

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »

Who's the scammer ?

I don't think the woman is scamming so much but she has unrealistic expectations. Asking for a $550 laptop within 2 hours of a first date is just as objectionable as demanding a BJ within 2 hours. The good thing about a scenario like this is it takes all the guess work out of what sort of relationship is developing here.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »

Who's the scammer ?

I don't think the woman is scamming so much but she has unrealistic expectations. Asking for a $550 laptop within 2 hours of a first date is just as objectionable as demanding a BJ within 2 hours. The good thing about a scenario like this is it takes all the guess work out of what sort of relationship is developing here.

Yes I agree.. but its funny how guys complain like old women when this happens.  Its life..Think of the poor women who took a taxi from Sumy to Kiev to meet her dream man only to be expected to get in bed after a cheap night out at some crummy restaurant..

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 05:30:40 PM »

Who's the scammer ?

Yes I agree.. but its funny how guys complain like old women when this happens.  Its life..Think of the poor women who took a taxi from Sumy to Kiev to meet her dream man only to be expected to get in bed after a cheap night out at some crummy restaurant..

The selfishness and immaturity of some people is incredible. I was always told that it's better to go out with her 2 or 3 times to give her a chance to LIKE you a little bit before you try to jump her bones. That is if you plan on seeing her a second time. Courtesy.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 09:42:08 PM »
Men arrive non stop 365 days a year in Ukraine looking for sex with younger women, probably more than the genuine guys looking for a wife.

With out doubt there are men doing just that but on the last three flights this year to Kiev either via CDG or AMS it seemed there were none of this ilk. Most seemed to be from America before. Years before they were many; obvious, blatant and ugly I might add.

The reality and something that others have mentioned most of these 'men' could NOT get a date locally even if it included a happy ending on the first meeting.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 10:24:53 PM »
Recently some guy went to meet a women in kiev and within two hours she asked him to purchase a $550.00 laptop.

Hold that thought.

He complained she was a scammer and all women are the same and only want to spend money...

A laptop is a pretty big "ask" within 2 hours of meeting.

But as the wife says "whats the bloody problem with these men? They are very happy to arrive in Ukraine and within two hours ask the women to suck his ***** then take her to a cheap coffee shop , spend all weekend in some hotel expecting sex  then return home without even buying a rose"

Is there any evidence that the laptop guy did this?  If so, you did not include it in your post.  What is apparent is that your wife made a pretty big "SWERVE!" here off of something that, evidently, actually occurred and on to a man-blaming hypothetical. 

Who's the scammer ?

Probably not the laptop guy. 

So now we're man-shaming guys for wanting sex?  Cleary, Steve, we're going to have to treat you as a "captive nation" moving forward.  :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »

Hold that thought.

He complained she was a scammer and all women are the same and only want to spend money...

A laptop is a pretty big "ask" within 2 hours of meeting.

But as the wife says "whats the bloody problem with these men? They are very happy to arrive in Ukraine and within two hours ask the women to suck his ***** then take her to a cheap coffee shop , spend all weekend in some hotel expecting sex  then return home without even buying a rose"

Is there any evidence that the laptop guy did this?  If so, you did not include it in your post.  What is apparent is that your wife made a pretty big "SWERVE!" here off of something that, evidently, actually occurred and on to a man-blaming hypothetical. 

Who's the scammer ?

Probably not the laptop guy. 

So now we're man-shaming guys for wanting sex?  Cleary, Steve, we're going to have to treat you as a "captive nation" moving forward.  :chuckle:

B/B

No he never did this! He was just a normal genuine guy..

But a huge majority of guys are only wanting a cheap f**** I see it all the time.. Of course they all love Slavic women BUT the cheaper F*** is always in Ukraine..Remember its costs $170.00 for a Russian visa and many guys now can only just afford the air fare, let alone a visa..

Probably why you see most of the guys visiting Russia are more serious. The rif raf and sex tourists prefer the cheaper option of Ukraine.

Lifes a bitch.

Online Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
When I am on the plane or in airport and see other Americans going or coming from the Ukraine most seem to already be in relationships and do not need or want a dating service. I am sure there are still some sex tourist but I do not see them like I did two to three years ago.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 04:28:15 AM »
When I am on the plane or in airport and see other Americans going or coming from the Ukraine most seem to already be in relationships and do not need or want a dating service. I am sure there are still some sex tourist but I do not see them like I did two to three years ago.

After a few trips this year to Ukraine as well this is my impression.

Online sparky114

• Supporting Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 07:14:02 AM »
Laptop!!! he was lucky that was cheap, if it had been Winter it would of been more money for a Fur coat!  :chuckle:

Or maybe its his excuse because she refused to jump his bones?

:coffeeread:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Online Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
Laptop!!! he was lucky that was cheap, if it had been Winter it would of been more money for a Fur coat!  :chuckle:

Or maybe its his excuse because she refused to jump his bones?

:coffeeread:

Maybe she did, but the experience wasn't worth a laptop.... ;D

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »

Sex tourists can't afford to fly to Ukraine.. :laugh: they take the bus! Usually over land from a country beginning with T ...
Times are hard, why do you think they avoid Russia and the visa fee.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 11:01:46 AM »

Sex tourists can't afford to fly to Ukraine.. :laugh: they take the bus! Usually over land from a country beginning with T ...
Times are hard, why do you think they avoid Russia and the visa fee.

(un)Fortunately Eurolines does not serve Ukraine anymore.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
Looks like you can take a bus from Turkey for about 3000 Roubles..

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Turkey/Ukraine