The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Land of the Free  (Read 3095 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Land of the Free
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 12:58:27 PM »
A long time back I entered the Uk with my wife and after the immigration officer who happened to be Asian questioned her the usual stuff about her visa , how long she was staying bla bla he then took my passport to check and asked me how long I was staying in the Uk..

You cannot imagine how much I had to hold myself back from smacking him one there and then on the spot, but the question came as such a surprise I was a little shocked and didn't really want to cause a problem.

When we arrived at my parents my old man went bloody crazy and said I should of made a formal complaint there and then.. I wish I did !! But as I said I was more taken back than anything.

Dam Country stinks!! Cant wait to own my own private Island away from it all.. :travel:
Nothing like a Brits sense of entitlement.  :ROFL:

Would be an epic Face Book ~ You Tube video if you went ballistic at immigration. Think 15 minutes of fame!

:hidechair:   :ROFL:

One thing really gets me on my high horse and thats going through UK immigration .. I would love to say my piece to some of the muppets sat their... but of course I would be hand cuffed and put in a cell..Thats unless I arrived in a Hijab then it would be all plain sailing , and if I did come across any problems I would just call one of Moby's friends  :laugh:

I loaned my car to my brother . . . it is a Saab story. Steve you might be high and/or on horse, but thanks for entertaining me (or all of us). Perhaps Manny should pay you?

I have this vision a cross dressing anti Muzzie (in fact anti-everything) in a hijab loosing it at LHR.

I wonder do the officers wrestle you, talk to or just taser you?     tiphat
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »
A long time back I entered the Uk with my wife and after the immigration officer who happened to be Asian questioned her the usual stuff about her visa , how long she was staying bla bla he then took my passport to check and asked me how long I was staying in the Uk..

You cannot imagine how much I had to hold myself back from smacking him one there and then on the spot, but the question came as such a surprise I was a little shocked and didn't really want to cause a problem.

When we arrived at my parents my old man went bloody crazy and said I should of made a formal complaint there and then.. I wish I did !! But as I said I was more taken back than anything.

Dam Country stinks!! Cant wait to own my own private Island away from it all.. :travel:

Would be an epic Face Book ~ You Tube video if you went ballistic at immigration. Think 15 minutes of fame!

One thing really gets me on my high horse and thats going through UK immigration .. I would love to say my piece to some of the muppets sat their... but of course I would be hand cuffed and put in a cell..Thats unless I arrived in a Hijab then it would be all plain sailing , and if I did come across any problems I would just call one of Moby's friends  :laugh:

I loaned my car to my brother . . . it is a Saab story. Steve you might be high and/or on horse, but thanks for entertaining me (or all of us). Perhaps Manny should pay you?

I have this vision a cross dressing anti Muzzie (in fact anti-everything) in a hijab loosing it at LHR.

Im only here to try to entertain people a little bit , there is enough doom and gloom in the world as it is..Most days Im sat at the desk watching movie after movie :laugh: It getting harder to find some new ones.. watched most documentaries not much left , so its log in to the forum for some fun:))
With the wife sat next to me telling me to "leave that stupid forum alone"  :chuckle:

Sat in my chair 14 hours a day I need something else to do..

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
It was said in the news in late June here that all Americans that have traveled to Turkey (180.000 thus far in 2016) will be placed on some sort of black list. 

Turkish Visas or entry/exit stamps are viewed with suspicion because nearly all the foreign fighters in Syria travel through Turkey.  At one extreme a woman was pulled from a flight recently because see was reading a book on Syrian art (in Arabic).  At the other, Europe accepted 2 million+ Syrian refugees without any background checks - Duh!!!

Everyone is a terrorist in the US! Kick the cat up the ass and your a terrorist..as they say "Takes one to know one"

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 04:06:24 PM »
Go, Steve, sort out the missus!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 07:21:06 PM »
Go, Steve, sort out the missus!

The Sage speaks.

Please plug in Steve.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »

Im only here to try to entertain people a little bit , there is enough doom and gloom in the world as it is..Most days Im sat at the desk watching movie after movie :laugh: It getting harder to find some new ones.. watched most documentaries not much left , so its log in to the forum for some fun:))
With the wife sat next to me telling me to "leave that stupid forum alone"  :chuckle:

Maybe find some cats and "Kick them up the arse" would relieve your boredom..  ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 01:51:36 AM »

Maybe find some cats and "Kick them up the arse" would relieve your boredom..  ;D

Im not bored  :) I just always need some thing to do, I hate sleeping just a waste of time I prefer to be doing something :travel:

Registration