The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bye bye UK passport...  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Bye bye UK passport...
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:23:15 PM »
Big brother could be moving in fast... Time to ditch the UK passport soon for many I'm sure..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/06/tax-brits-globally-to-stop-scandals-says-city-standards-group/?ref=yfp
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Bye bye UK passport...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »
Jumping the gun again Steve.  This is not government policy, nor is it likely to be in future. 

It is USA government policy and the main reason why I never swore the oath of allegiance to become a US citizen.

Several of my friends have handed back their US passports.  It is a costly, time consuming rigmarole.  It is also likely to be changed by the next republican president.

If you are rich buying a tax haven passport is very easy. Personal taxation is almost never an issue for wealthy people - they can afford corporate solutions to shield their wealth.  Panama and the Palm tree jurisdictions are a bad choice.  Not secure and too easy to pressure.  The middle east is the way to go.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Bye bye UK passport...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:22 AM »

Personal taxation is almost never an issue for wealthy people - they can afford corporate solutions to shield their wealth.  Panama and the Palm tree jurisdictions are a bad choice.  Not secure and too easy to pressure.  The middle east is the way to go.

What problems do you see with Delaware or New Hampshire from a taxation standpoint?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration