The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Chinese, Koreans and ? Are flooding Russia  (Read 252 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Chinese, Koreans and ? Are flooding Russia
« on: July 02, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »
I have noticed this year in St Petersburg the city seems to be packed full of Chinese and Koreans.. every where you go there are hordes of them snapping away none stop.
The centre seems to be taken over by them recently and another change I have noticed at Pulkovo Airport recently is all notice panels are now in Russian/English and Chinese.. never seen that before!
You check out your departure gate and all is in Chinese.. :laugh:

Fair play to the Russians for adapting. :thumbsup:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: The Chinese, Koreans and ? Are flooding Russia
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
I have noticed this year in St Petersburg the city seems to be packed full of Chinese and Koreans.. every where you go there are hordes of them snapping away none stop.
The centre seems to be taken over by them recently and another change I have noticed at Pulkovo Airport recently is all notice panels are now in Russian/English and Chinese.. never seen that before!

You'll be having beers with Westy in no time!!
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »

Be careful that they do not become "unwanted visitors" like some of the Asian tourists have visited other countries.   :-[ 

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 06:59:43 PM »

Be careful that they do not become "unwanted visitors" like some of the Asian tourists have visited other countries.   :-[

Anger reached boiling point earlier this year when a mainland couple allowed their two-year-old to defecate on a Hong Kong street.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1671504/rude-awakening-chinese-tourists-have-means-not-manners

http://shanghaiist.com/2015/12/27/shanghaiist_2015_bad_tourists.php