The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I would like to meet nice man .  (Read 22874 times)

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
Re: I would like to meet nice man .
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 04:38:56 AM »

About myself ; I am 32 , blonde ,light eyes ,  5.7 hight 117 pounds .

Welcome R_B!

I would think you would have to beat off all the men with a stick who would be chasing after you. But it is the Bay Area and most men are like this  :party0011:  right?
Haha , not all.
Unfortunatly a lot of man here  BA , inactive and shy. They will never talk to you outside at the bar , or store or park for example   , and if they try  talking they don't ask phone number , because they think it's rude .
And in internet I tryed to meet on  dating websites . It's take  very long time  them invite you on a date . They ask too many qwestions for weeks and sometimes even months. It's very hard to understand what whey really want and why it's all so slow. 
In Russia it's little different ,  if we meet in Internet and we from the same city we ask several questions about hobby , lifestyle , neighborhood , job  and if we like person we set up a date . Here I notice man can talk to you in Internet for weeks , and ask one or two qwestions every day for weeks before he will ask you for a date . :P
It's very odd to me  ,sorry . Because I have no problem with beauty or look  .  :)
Welcome Russian Blonde.

Few things about Americans and Californians in particular. The courting process works at a much slower pace in America than in Russia; MUCH slower. Californians, and Bay area Californians especially, in my experience are also very "cliquish" in their ways. This means, while they might be friendly on the surface, they are not so accommodating when letting someone from the outside into their group/life.

You will also find that Americans are much less accepting of other cultures as Russians for example; generally speaking of course. I'm sure all the above has played some part in your unsuccessful attempts to find a man.

It is the main reason why I find Russia a better place to live. San Fransisco might be the prettiest city in the world, but when it comes to personal relationships, it doesn't hold a candle to Russia (it doesn't compare favorably) where you can meet someone, wed, and have a baby all in a matter of months, or where simply meeting someone requires nothing more than a "hi".

You can also blame part of your dilemma on the "emasculation" of the American male over the last 40 years. 

Now all of the above doesn't help much in finding a man, but it might give you a little more insight about your situation in America. Also, it is not unusual for the woman to take the initiative and approach a man she's attracted to in America, or to ask for a date. Good luck.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 05:20:06 AM »
I work at art field .

Curious what area of the "art field"?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Russian_Blonde

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 12:07:23 PM »
I work at art field .

Curious what area of the "art field"?
Freelancer photographer .

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »
Danchik are you Russian ?

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »
Now your going to be asked a few questions a day from married guys  :chuckle:

:laugh:

And the first question today from a married guy is.........

Erm  (Thinking of a naughty but nice question)............

What's your favourite colour??

:)
Red.  :) Why ?

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 10:22:36 PM »

About myself ; I am 32 , blonde ,light eyes ,  5.7 hight 117 pounds .

Welcome R_B!

I would think you would have to beat off all the men with a stick who would be chasing after you. But it is the Bay Area and most men are like this  :party0011:  right?
Haha , not all.
Unfortunatly a lot of man here  BA , inactive and shy. They will never talk to you outside at the bar , or store or park for example   , and if they try  talking they don't ask phone number , because they think it's rude .
And in internet I tryed to meet on  dating websites . It's take  very long time  them invite you on a date . They ask too many qwestions for weeks and sometimes even months. It's very hard to understand what whey really want and why it's all so slow. 
In Russia it's little different ,  if we meet in Internet and we from the same city we ask several questions about hobby , lifestyle , neighborhood , job  and if we like person we set up a date . Here I notice man can talk to you in Internet for weeks , and ask one or two qwestions every day for weeks before he will ask you for a date . :P
It's very odd to me  ,sorry . Because I have no problem with beauty or look  .  :)
Welcome Russian Blonde.

Few things about Americans and Californians in particular. The courting process works at a much slower pace in America than in Russia; MUCH slower. Californians, and Bay area Californians especially, in my experience are also very "cliquish" in their ways. This means, while they might be friendly on the surface, they are not so accommodating when letting someone from the outside into their group/life.

You will also find that Americans are much less accepting of other cultures as Russians for example; generally speaking of course. I'm sure all the above has played some part in your unsuccessful attempts to find a man.

It is the main reason why I find Russia a better place to live. San Fransisco might be the prettiest city in the world, but when it comes to personal relationships, it doesn't hold a candle to Russia (it doesn't compare favorably) where you can meet someone, wed, and have a baby all in a matter of months, or where simply meeting someone requires nothing more than a "hi".

You can also blame part of your dilemma on the "emasculation" of the American male over the last 40 years. 

Now all of the above doesn't help much in finding a man, but it might give you a little more insight about your situation in America. Also, it is not unusual for the woman to take the initiative and approach a man she's attracted to in America, or to ask for a date. Good luck.
Thank you ! Very interesting . Good point.  :thumbsup:

Offline Czenny

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 02:59:42 AM »

Welcome Russian Blonde.

:thumbsup:    It is a very useful analysis for women from FSU who is planning to move to USA without a husband or a boy-friend.
Livet är fullt av ironier.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 03:37:54 AM »

Welcome Russian Blonde.

:thumbsup:    It is a very useful analysis for women from FSU who is planning to move to USA without a husband or a boy-friend.

Destruction leads to a very rough road
But it also breeds creation
And earthquakes are to a girl's guitar
They're just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication

Californication of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »
Any tips how to date American man locally ?
Where meet them ? I really don't  like small talks . It's hard for me .
I like American man , and I think I looking for western guy, but I think I need man who traveled , who interested in different cultural.

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
Have you a web site for your FREELANCE photography ?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »

You could join a Protestant church or two. If it is a large enough church there usually are 'singles groups' for association.

Offline GreyScales

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
I like American man , and I think I looking for western guy, but I think I need man who traveled , who interested in different cultural.

RB,

You're sure you want to stay in only the bay area?  There are LOTS and lots of single men in the rest of the country :)

GS

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »

RB,

Hope you don't mind me asking, what brought you to the US?

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
The suggestion of Maxx is logical and even the Orthodox church might have some sort of singles thing. I write this assuming you accept the church.

Another suggestion is a singles sailing network. I am confident that there is a mixed one on the Bay. Off course if you easily get sea sick than you need to try elsewhere.

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »
I have .

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

You could join a Protestant church or two. If it is a large enough church there usually are 'singles groups' for association.
OMG , I am agnostic . What should I do ? I don't  go to church .Any.
It's a problem meet a guys ? What do you think ?

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »

RB,

You're sure you want to stay in only the bay area?  There are LOTS and lots of single men in the rest of the country :)

GS
I m sure there are  . I would move because of  decent man . If it's nice area too.

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »

RB,

Hope you don't mind me asking, what brought you to the US?
Like everybody else , opportunity. 

Offline Maxx

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 04:19:04 AM »

Maybe you could fake it? Who knows maybe while looking for a man you will find God?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2016, 05:33:45 AM »
You can't find what isn't there Maxx. On a more down to earth level, if she fakes god bothering in order to find a bloke she is going to end up with a god botherer as a bloke.

Said god bothering bloke will be unlikely to be happy to find that he has been gamed by a rational human.

Deception is rarely a good way to start a relationship, is it?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 06:38:03 AM »

That's not a problem; churches tend to be breeding grounds for mental illness anyway. Perhaps you could ask men to reach for an item, high on a shelf, in grocery stores, for advice about the proper usage of a piece of gym equipment or some real or imaginary car issue. Men like to feel useful and it would give you an opening to start a conversation.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 07:39:50 AM »
I have .

Do we get to have a look?? :) 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 07:41:25 AM »

Are you serious ?? You really need advice on how to find a man?? I have never in my life known a women to ask such a question  ???

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »

Are you serious ?? You really need advice on how to find a man?? I have never in my life known a women to ask such a question  ???

Hard to believe isn't it!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Registration