The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I would like to meet nice man .  (Read 22939 times)

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Re: I would like to meet nice man .
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

You could join a Protestant church or two. If it is a large enough church there usually are 'singles groups' for association.
OMG , I am agnostic . What should I do ? I don't  go to church .Any.
It's a problem meet a guys ? What do you think ?

Maybe you could fake it? Who knows maybe while looking for a man you will find God?

Come on Maxx....FFS.

This one would eat Maxx for breakfast.

I am 10 times tougher than you Manny. If you had to endure what I've been through you would have blown off the back of your head long ago. Don't pull your superiority crap on me. Manny, you have never stuck your neck out even on this little forum so you are a nobody. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2016, 05:59:26 PM »
Maxx, no need to go puffing your chest out. You ain't the target demographic - and yes,  she'd be spitting out the bubbles. Be real. :)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:12 AM »
That didn't take long to go sideways.
Nice to see the internet tough guys out in full force.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2016, 02:53:37 AM »
That didn't take long to go sideways.
Nice to see the internet tough guys out in full force.
I am surprised its only the married men (or spoken for) reacting!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »

You could join a Protestant church or two. If it is a large enough church there usually are 'singles groups' for association.

Maybe you could fake it? Who knows maybe while looking for a man you will find God?

Come on Maxx....FFS.

I am 10 times tougher than you Manny. If you had to endure what I've been through you would have blown off the back of your head long ago. Don't pull your superiority crap on me. Manny, you have never stuck your neck out even on this little forum so you are a nobody.

We'll assume you are in correspondence with her already then? Nope? Thought not.  :-[
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »

Come on Maxx....FFS.

We'll assume you are in correspondence with her already then? Nope? Thought not.  :-[

What the hell? She's half my age.

I am out of here for good.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2016, 01:57:44 PM »
Andrew, you win.  I will now place you in my ignore list.  You and Moby can play with each other there.

As I say, from time to time, judicious use of the "ignore" function can greatly enhance the RUA experience!

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2016, 02:55:20 PM »
Andrew, you win.  I will now place you in my ignore list.  You and Moby can play with each other there.

As I say, from time to time, judicious use of the "ignore" function can greatly enhance the RUA experience!

B/B
I have noone on ignore, but I did stop visitting RUA for a couple of years  :GRRRR:
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »

Russian_Blonde, the laws that were created to protect women and children drive the situation you are in. Men are afraid of marriage especially in liberal California. A comedy film made 15 years back called 'Love Stinks' has this as its theme. Hopefully if my ex-wife of 15 years is reasonable with 'lifetime' spousal support I'll leave 'Land of Opportunity' and head to where you were from to find a woman like you only 20 years older. But I would never export her to America. It is just too risky. Where I am now Minnesota/Wisconsin for the first time ever single households made up of one adult now out number married couple households. We are becoming a nation of lonely people kept apart by our draconian family law.

exactly.  I'm sure Johnny Depp will concur. 

Offline Bruce Lee

« Reply #109 on: July 06, 2016, 12:51:39 AM »
I am out of here for good.
How many times have we read that one before :Zzzzsleep:
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Cobaka

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2016, 02:15:45 PM »
Happy to hear you like Moscow Russia .
For us it's also  inexpensive  , because of Russian currency .
I remember 2012 let's  30 rubles for one 1$. Now when I am in Russia I feel like I am buy anything .  :saint:
Thanks for advices I think you saying right things about been social and meeting a lot of different people . That's what I try to do usually . Traveling / parks , hiking / social groups. Thanks for the link of meet up , I also with meetup, there is social groups " Europeans in Bay Area."

I might also suggest the city of Sacramento. I am not certain of the reasons why but Sacramento has the largest number of Russians of any city in the USA and it's less than two hours from the Bay area.
 You might try and find Russian social groups there and see if you do not find someone and bring him over to the Bay Area, which I would think would be an easy sell.

Offline Russian_Blonde

• Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2016, 12:39:17 AM »
I remember 2012 let's  30 rubles for one 1$. Now when I am in Russia I feel like I am buy anything .  :saint:
Thanks for advices I think you saying right things about been social and meeting a lot of different people . That's what I try to do usually . Traveling / parks , hiking / social groups. Thanks for the link of meet up , I also with meetup, there is social groups " Europeans in Bay Area."

I might also suggest the city of Sacramento. I am not certain of the reasons why but Sacramento has the largest number of Russians of any city in the USA and it's less than two hours from the Bay area.
 You might try and find Russian social groups there and see if you do not find someone and bring him over to the Bay Area, which I would think would be an easy sell.
Thanks for  advice .  In Sacramento big Ukrainian community - church . They don't like Russians now . And  I don't go to church good or bad . There is no Russians there . Russians mostly in Bay Aria because of IT .   But honestly I am not very interested in "Russians ", Ussr bloc. 
Mostly like in Americans , Canadian and European man .

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »
^  Unfortunately, you probably won't have much luck on sites such as this one. All we have are old and damaged, middle-aged and damaged, and young and damaged. Worse yet, the young are the most damaged of all. The type of man that you are searching for is a rarity, in any case. There is nothing wrong with having lofty requirements but it does reduce your field of prospective partners precipitously and increases your time in the search dramatically.

Offline Boris

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »
I agree with Tom. You will find little success here. I see nothing wrong with your requirements. A 10 year age gap is more than a reasonable request for a woman wanting to have children. I think you will find most professional men in your age group and your location will be a little wary of a single attractive Russian emigre'. At least when it comes to marriage. But I think you have already found that out. As Bill would say...Udachi.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »
Anyone can find love! Look here!

http://www.theuglybugball.com/index.php

EDIT  You have crossed the line here.  Stop the offensive posting.

Leslied
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2016, 12:30:09 PM »
^  Unfortunately, you probably won't have much luck on sites such as this one.

People have. Like you for example.  :whist11:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Manny

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2016, 12:34:04 PM »

Thanks for  advice .  In Sacramento big Ukrainian community - church . They don't like Russians now . And  I don't go to church good or bad . There is no Russians there . Russians mostly in Bay Aria because of IT .   But honestly I am not very interested in "Russians ", Ussr bloc. 

Many foreign men assume FSU women go abroad and feel the need to be surrounded by folk who speak their native tongue. While this is seldom the case, in any event it can be unhealthy to the new relationship. It also hinders assimilation/adaptation in the new homeland. But it doesn't stop men trying to create these associations for their new wives, or as we see here one assuming you need this. Which as we can see, you dont.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2016, 04:21:20 PM »
^  Unfortunately, you probably won't have much luck on sites such as this one.

People have. Like you for example.  :whist11:

Now now ... you are a bad boy... remind him of the past and the good old days!

You are jealous of his dancing abilities that keep him trim and young or is it the young.....wife?

:smokin:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2016, 01:13:39 AM »

Many foreign men assume FSU women go abroad and feel the need to be surrounded by folk who speak their native tongue. While this is seldom the case, in any event it can be unhealthy to the new relationship. It also hinders assimilation/adaptation in the new homeland. But it doesn't stop men trying to create these associations for their new wives, or as we see here one assuming you need this. Which as we can see, you dont.

Manny,

Not for the first time - I strongly differ..

Have you lived as an expat in a nation where English is not the main language ? 

There is nought wrong with providing one's wife with RU/UA lang TV .... or introducing her to local women from her country. Our partners have brains and will choose who to mix with.

It in NO WAY hinders assimilation - rather the opposite, in most cases.

When in Russia - I seek out folk with whom I can converse in my mother tongue...as most of the time - I speak  Russian and it is great to relate in one'smother tongue.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2016, 01:34:50 AM »
I met German man  3 weeks ago  , will see where it  will go . For now just socializing   like friends . Just trying to get to know each other.  Restaurants , Bars , movie . But there is a problem -he is much younger me , 27 and Im 32  :fighting0025:
He works in IT , also naturalized  citizen .
  I don't know ...Will see...

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2016, 01:51:29 AM »

I like foreign man .  :) I  barely can see myself with "russian"  man .  I hope they will Forgive me lol  :knit:

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2016, 12:58:56 PM »
I met German man  3 weeks ago  , will see where it  will go . For now just socializing   like friends . Just trying to get to know each other.  Restaurants , Bars , movie . But there is a problem -he is much younger me , 27 and Im 32  :fighting0025:

Age is just a number.  A 7 year difference is nothing to worry about.  I am 20 years older than my wife and for the last 14 years people have told us it won't work or it won't last.  Well, we are still happily married so they were wrong...

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »

Age is just a number.  A 7 year difference is nothing to worry about.  I am 20 years older than my wife and for the last 14 years people have told us it won't work or it won't last.  Well, we are still happily married so they were wrong...

I wonder how many of those people are now divorced.

:chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Russian_Blonde

« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »

I wonder how many of those people are now divorced.

:chuckle:

B/B
Happy to hear it's works for you guys .  :saint:

Well it's good to say  :laugh:, I assume that there are some relationships  when it's works , statistic   say it's  only 10% .
Others , got  divorced within 5-10 year . Couple of my  friends been married with big age differents 15-20 years , already divorced buy now  . I believe that relationship can normally work if man older woman not more than 10 years . (Like  if she  her 20th he his 30th  , or she her 30th he his 40 th etc)  I see a lot of examples , mostly it's  really works . And it can work I think  if woman older  man maximum 4-5 years . If age difference much bigger -it's temporary relationship usually . I am sorry , I just been  realistic Russian , I know many people hope differently .
Anyway , my grandmother older my  grandfather 3 years , and they have been married 55 years . My mom older my dad  5,5 years  . My aunt older her husband 4 years . My cousin younger his wife 4 years .   :laugh: :laugh:
Well, I am usually not into guys   younger me . I don't know...will see .

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2016, 07:06:52 PM »
Well, I am usually not into guys   younger me . I don't know...will see .

It is all about your goals and the compromises you are wiling to make.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration