The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: EURO 16  (Read 214 times)

Offline Euro16

EURO 16
« on: June 19, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
Hi All,

I was in the Ukraine last year we went to Chernobyl (great experience).  When there naturally the Crimea and Russian was a very big issue.  Also, the EU might not have been directly involved but it was certainly seen by both sides to be a fundamental issue. 

I was wondering are the Russian fans at Euro 16 expressing their distrust/anger towards the EU by causing trouble?  NATO have only just finished carrying out exercises in Poland that would have inflamed tenses I'm sure.  What are your objective thoughts?  So not taking sides, just taking a step back and discussing :)  Are the Russian fans expressing anger towards the EU's involvement in the Crimea issue?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: EURO 16
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »
I'd imagine that some Russian fans are a mite vexed at the insults, and provocations from the English fans.

Most Russian guys have been trained in fighting. They would be expected to marmalise a bunch of Pizza Hut fattened, beer guzzling, oafs whose only real experience of physical violence is beating their wives and girlfriends.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Euro16

Re: EURO 16 (Crimea)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 02:01:08 PM »
Maybe I'll phrase the question differently.  Is there currently hostility towards the EU over Crimea within Russia? 

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
Re: EURO 16
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:50:41 PM »
Tell us more about you Euro, would love to know the background?