The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is Maria Putin dead?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Gipsy

Is Maria Putin dead?
« on: June 04, 2016, 03:32:25 AM »
She is reportedly to have been killed in a car accident along with her husband..

Looking at what's left of the car, it must have been doing more than the claimed 160km/h..

http://hvylya.net/news/digest/v-zhutkom-dtp-razbilas-doch-putina-so-svoim-suprugom-smi.html

Mark???
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Is Maria Putin dead?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 04:02:56 AM »
The picture is fake if you search it.

And the plates on the car are not Dutch.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:37:42 AM »
The picture is fake if you search it.

And the plates on the car are not Dutch.
All plates of the cars are polish.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 04:39:09 AM »
Fake, as manny said.

Here's the original story in Belgian news 2013:

http://www.hartvoorautos.nl/bizarre-crash-met-audi-s8/

Also note: Despite the speed and the car being cut in half by a tree, the only wounded was the driver with a few scratches. Not even hospital needed.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »
Thanks mark..

Manny, I thought it was, but one never knows, was just asking
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »
Actually, her name should be Maria Putina.
In Russian, suffix "a" shows that she is a female.

So, one family, but Putin will be for male, and Putina for female.
You will see it often in Russia.

Another example:
Samoylov for male
Samoylova for female.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 03:48:12 PM »
Actually, her name should be Maria Putina.
In Russian, suffix "a" shows that she is a female.

So, one family, but Putin will be for male, and Putina for female.
You will see it often in Russia.

Another example:
Samoylov for male
Samoylova for female.

But not foreign names, like those of Jewish origin I understand!

Also they decline for the male in noun forms but not for the female...

I think you can say too, ya nenavizhu Vladimira Putina making a mans name sound like a girls....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »

I think you can say too, ya nenavizhu Vladimira Putina making a mans name sound like a girls....

It still sounds like a male name because you added suffix "a" to his first name also.
The same sentence for Maria would be: "ya nenavizhu Mariu Putinu."

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 04:44:23 PM »
In none Russian forms we tend to not follow the Russian pattern because doing so is just confusing.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »
In none Russian forms we tend to not follow the Russian pattern because doing so is just confusing.

That's why English fits better to computer programming.
I noticed that many Russian women here do not teach Russian to their children.
But in fact, knowledge of Russian language, literature, music and history is like another bachelor degree.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 04:35:54 AM »

But in fact, knowledge of Russian language, literature, music and history is like another bachelor degree.

There are in the States several Colleges and Universities that offer Slavic Studies, that compromise what Orchid mentions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 04:45:45 AM »

And it becomes even more fun with the correct alphabet.   :)

It is not easy to teach children Russian properly when in a foreign language environment. They tend to take an easy way out. It is however possible. This is what it takes for an international family that I observed: the native speaker (naturally, the mother) speaks to her children only in Russian. All cartoons and books at home are in Russian. She forbids them to speak between themselves in anything but Russian. She takes them regularly back to Russia for practice. The husband learned Russian, he is Dutch, but his Russian is not bad and it is functional. He does have a knack for languages, as he speaks 5-6 (?) languages. He speaks to his children mostly in Dutch but occasionally in Russian. The parents speak with each other in Dutch. The children go to Dutch schools, and to a Russian school on Sundays.

Kind of a draconian, tiger mom style, but the result is - both children speak both languages (Russian and Dutch) without an accent, don't mix words from different languages and generally very smart, perhaps as a result of learning two languages at the same time. The older girl is 7 yo and she is the best in class in math.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 04:53:07 AM »

And it becomes even more fun if one uses the correct alphabet.   :)

It is not easy to teach children Russian properly when in a foreign language environment. They tend to take an easy way out. It is however possible. This is what it takes for an international family that I observed: the native speaker (naturally, the mother) speaks to her children only in Russian. All cartoons and books at home are in Russian. She forbids them to speak between themselves in anything but Russian. She takes them regularly back to Russia for practice. The husband learned Russian, he is Dutch, but his Russian is not bad and it is functional. He does have a knack for languages, as he speaks 5-6 (?) languages. He speaks to his children mostly in Dutch but occasionally in Russian. The parents speak with each other in Dutch. The children go to Dutch schools, and to a Russian school on Sundays.

Kind of a draconian, tiger mom style, but the result is - both children speak both languages (Russian and Dutch) without an accent, don't mix words from different languages and generally very smart, perhaps as a result of learning two languages at the same time. The older girl is 7 yo and she is the best in class in math.

In general the Dutch are linguistically gifted. My father spoke fluently 4 languages and managed another 3. These were in three different language groups. I am aware of a number of Dutch families that manage both Russian and Dutch as well as English and other languages. It is no big deal. Though the mother described above sounds a bit over the top in my opinion.

In general on the street we speak the lingua franca of that location.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 05:09:03 AM »
Though the mother described above sounds a bit over the top in my opinion.

I knew her since I was about 10 (?), and she is not a lazy type  :8). I don't know how  she does it and how she finds the time. Mastered Dutch within one or two years from arriving to the country, defended PhD in Dutch, landed a nice job right after graduation. For the type of work that she does foreigners are supposed to take a language proficiency test (she works with many elderly people), but they made an exception for her, said wasn't necessary.

Did I mention she is some kind of a dance champion in Netherlands  :8)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
Maria Putina is alive.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:39 AM »

There are in the States several Colleges and Universities that offer Slavic Studies, that compromise what Orchid mentions.

I wanted to say that a child, at the time of high school graduation, can have knowledge received from his/her Russian mother equal to bachelor degree.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 09:45:00 AM »

It is a necessity to be this kind of Mom to keep children well organized.
Good education is not a mystery.
It's a hard work.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 09:53:19 AM »
In general the Dutch are linguistically gifted. My father spoke fluently 4 languages and managed another 3. These were in three different language groups. I am aware of a number of Dutch families that manage both Russian and Dutch as well as English and other languages. It is no big deal. Though the mother described above sounds a bit over the top in my opinion.

In general on the street we speak the lingua franca of that location.

I don't think it's a nationality trait.
I would say it is a part of European culture.
My Russian husband was a scientist.
After he passed away I decided I was tired of complexity his view of life and too broad knowledge.
Now I can tell for sure: American simplicity and stiffness really bugs me.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
I knew her since I was about 10 (?), and she is not a lazy type  :8). I don't know how  she does it and how she finds the time. Mastered Dutch within one or two years from arriving to the country, defended PhD in Dutch, landed a nice job right after graduation. For the type of work that she does foreigners are supposed to take a language proficiency test (she works with many elderly people), but they made an exception for her, said wasn't necessary.

Did I mention she is some kind of a dance champion in Netherlands  :8)

That's amazing.
I am in school for four full time years, and I am still one year apart from my Doctor program.
Dancing? Gosh... I barely have time to eat and sleep....
To start all over again in new country with a good result is crazy difficult.

Registration