The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: difference between country and city girl  (Read 9334 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: difference between country and city girl
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 02:10:54 PM »
you'd know I speak in 'Russian' with Russians ...

Give the man a clap...

Too late... ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »

Expat Americans went native and came out of their bubble (though remaining in the expat one).

Actually, there are now very few American expats in Russia, the majority have flown...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Here's a great drone trip around modern Moscow ...

Do you really think a real city girl with a good job and there are plenty of them would be in a rush to pack her bags and marry some foreigner for a life behind the kitchen sink ? A "traditional wife" as many would say. I think not..

Steve,

Emancipation reached Russia many years back.... :biggrin:

I know that, you just have to explain it to the Hillbillies that are searching a "Traditional wife" ..

By the way what is a "Traditional husband" ?

One who doesn't it 'doggy style'? Has the advantage of being the most demeaning to the woman AND you can watch telly at the same time.....

Don't do telly.... :coffeeread:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »

Do you really think a real city girl with a good job and there are plenty of them would be in a rush to pack her bags and marry some foreigner for a life behind the kitchen sink ? A "traditional wife" as many would say. I think not..

Eye opening video Steve! Never been to Moscow but I must say it's very impressive video  :thumbsup:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »

Eye opening video Steve! Never been to Moscow but I must say it's very impressive video  :thumbsup:

The same guy/firm has uploaded several more all pretty impressive ..

I like Moscow Roads
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 03:15:55 PM »

Expat Americans went native and came out of their bubble (though remaining in the expat one).

You may be confusing how folk you know might behave...

you'd know I speak in 'Russian' with Russians - by choice...

My wife once told me you made a decent effort but were about 20 years away from fluent. Maybe you took a more intensive course since then...........

Your wife would have been right - back then..I will never be fluent - but can understand most of the TV News / films, now..

As certain Russian speaking board members would tell you ... I am hard to understand on the blower - but face to face.. I get by... My pronunciation is often  atrocious.

Once again, you seem to be wildly inaccurate in your estimations .... it comes from believing andrewfi  :chuckle:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 03:30:45 PM »

Give the man a clap...

Too late... ;D

Ooh, that's below the belt:innocent:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Manny

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
you'd know I speak in 'Russian' with Russians - by choice...

My wife once told me you made a decent effort but were about 20 years away from fluent. Maybe you took a more intensive course since then...........

Your wife would have been right - back then..I will never be fluent - but can understand most of the TV News / films, now..

As certain Russian speaking board members would tell you ... I am hard to understand on the blower - but face to face.. I get by... My pronunciation is often  atrocious.

Once again, you seem to be wildly inaccurate in your estimations .... it comes from believing andrewfi  :chuckle:

I'll take my hat off to you if you can get by beyond basics, pleasantries, menus and simple discussions. tiphat  I kinda hit a brick wall at about that point but can also follow films, news, etc.  But am unable to articulate my opinions on same afterwards. In Russian that is. I am alright at following discussions by listening as I get daily practice. I flunk on the viva voce.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »

Give the man a clap...

Too late... ;D

Ooh, that's below the belt:innocent:
tiphat
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »
We've got a SCO (Self Check Out) machine at work from Germany that speaks Russian and even I know a lot of it is not 'wrong', but not the way you'd say it - bit awkward.

But TBH honest I've forgotten loads of Russian and while I was always pretty good grammatically, I was shit vocab-wise, could never remember the word for anything, though when I did eventually remember it, it was declined/inflected perfectly. Trouble is by then everyone had gone home...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Manny

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »
But TBH honest I've forgotten loads of Russian and while I was always pretty good grammatically, I was shit vocab-wise, could never remember the word for anything, though when I did eventually remember it, it was declined/inflected perfectly. Trouble is by then everyone had gone home...

I'm the opposite, I know loads of words, but I don't know my koora from my kooritsa or my stranye from my brookye (which I think is also Dutch for strides).

Don't get me started on Russian words for slippers and shoes. Why is tooflee'r not the same as tapuchki, etc. Another minefield.....

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 06:26:53 PM »
sorry peasants

Damn.  I thought the discussion was going to be on an Audubon book.   ;D
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
difference between country and city girls. well, i lived in Europe 42 years ago, no internet and life was different. but many cultural things cant disappear or take roots in short period of time. take just new Chinese  millionaires. not long ago their biggest asset was Mao style uniform.

It required a radical directional change from the Cultural Revolution to the "industrial" revolution in the 1980s.  I think Mao is "spinning in his grave" now.  Come to think of it, they should rotate his body in that display case that he is in.   :nod:   (:)

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »

I would suggest that the main difference between a country girl and a city girl is, the country girls will have sex with a man in the fields of high grass willingly, whereas the city girl will only do it in a hotel... :ROFL:

That only suggests your 'city gal' or you wasn't adventurous / lacked imagination  :chuckle:

(Attachment Link)

:ROFL:

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »
I would say most people who attend this forum or who sign up to FSU women sites have no or little chance of catching a City girl for marriage. Not in the 21st Century

Maybe 10 years ago maybe even 5 years ago. But not now.

You mean "the train has left the station"?    :snivel:   :duh: :crybaby:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:31 PM »

I'll take my hat off to you if you can get by beyond basics, pleasantries, menus and simple discussions. tiphat 

Having lived amongst Russian speakers for the last 13 years ...I think I should be more advanced - but this 'russo-phobe' [ :chuckle: ] is getting old ... as fast as Russian sinks in - it is kicking out my once near fluent French and passable German...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 01:28:46 AM »
I would say most people who attend this forum or who sign up to FSU women sites have no or little chance of catching a City girl for marriage. Not in the 21st Century

Maybe 10 years ago maybe even 5 years ago. But not now.

You mean "the train has left the station"?    :snivel:   :duh: :crybaby:

Yes the train has left. So now the station is just full of guys waiting for the next train , which ain't coming anytime soon...  ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 01:34:06 AM »
Don't get me started on Russian words for slippers and shoes.
Watch heart-of-dog a few times, you'll not get it wrong afterwars. (plus, its a nice comedy movie).

Ahhh those damned galoishes!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 01:34:33 AM »
The number of lonely men and fantasists in the US (and elsewhere) is not going to decrease any time soon.

The number of women from 'PLU' countries will decrease as their motivation for marketing themselves to foreign guys diminishes. If the US succeeds in creating the right conditions in Ukraine then, I am sure, there will be an uptick in stock from that unfortunate country.

If one likes women with a slight tan then Venezuela might soon provide increased opportunities for USA middle aged men with fantasies about 'old fashioned women'. However Emperor Trump might put the mokkers on that idea with his 'wall'.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 05:05:23 PM »
The number of lonely men and fantasists in the US (and elsewhere) is not going to decrease any time soon.

The number of women from 'PLU' countries will decrease as their motivation for marketing themselves to foreign guys diminishes. If the US succeeds in creating the right conditions in Ukraine then, I am sure, there will be an uptick in stock from that unfortunate country.

If one likes women with a slight tan then Venezuela might soon provide increased opportunities for USA middle aged men with fantasies about 'old fashioned women'. However Emperor Trump might put the mokkers on that idea with his 'wall'.

The same applies to the single women too.  China has enforced the one child policy which has favored the male child for so long that concern over the smaller female population for men seeking a bride has some of them going to other countries to look for one.   :KISSSS:

I was in Venezuela over 20 years ago and it is very different there now.  I know some people living there who say that things are getting out of hand there with the long lines to shop, utility service cuts, sky high inflation, and the uptick with muggings, kidnappings, murders, and other crimes.  If you go there to date and have a good time, you better be prepared to defend yourself because the have nots are going to seek those who have.  :GRAVE:

Offline Manny

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
China has enforced the one child policy

I visit China and this has cropped up in discussion.

Like National Service in Russia, it can be got around, bought out of, or otherwise dealt with.

If a couple has a bunch of kids in China, they can simply pay a fine. It is designed to exclude the poor, but the middle class can (in reality) have as many kids as they want if they have a few quid.

Offline dcguyusa

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »

The same applies to the single women too.  China has enforced the one child policy which has favored the male child for so long that concern over the smaller female population for men seeking a bride has some of them going to other countries to look for one.   :KISSSS:

I was in Venezuela over 20 years ago and it is very different there now.  I know some people living there who say that things are getting out of hand there with the long lines to shop, utility service cuts, sky high inflation, and the uptick with muggings, kidnappings, murders, and other crimes.  If you go there to date and have a good time, you better be prepared to defend yourself because the have nots are going to seek those who have.  :GRAVE:

Rummaging in trash for food.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuelans-pick-trash-food-eat-sell-040420476.html

"Polyakova says that of all the non-Russians she knows here, Latin American people seem the easiest to deal with."

“For me, America is different from any other country because here every city is all sirens and everybody is rushing to the rescue. I hear the sirens day and night and, for me, it’s a symbol of America.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article82336357.html

Latinos and FSU people seem more closer to each other than to Americans.  Must be the immigrant background.   :)

You need to go to the Midwest where silence and deserted open spaces are more common.    :sombrero:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »

Hasn't China recently lifted that 1 child policy??

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 11:19:45 PM »
The policy was formally ended in January this year. As far back as 2001 it did not apply in most rural areas. By 2007 it only covered about 35% of the population in its strict form.
It is worth noting that the policy carried a majority of public support and was much more of an issue outside of China where it was propagandised by governments and individuals who benefited from opposition to China.

I was there yonks ago and I know that it was not an issue at the time although it certainly had the expected effect upon population growth.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2016, 11:32:14 PM »

Actually, there are now very few American expats in Russia, the majority have flown...

Another Gypo, 'factoid'

You don't watch telly and don't get out, much - it seems

May be  in your 'secret' part of Russia there ain't - or they just avoid you  ?.... :chuckle: