The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: difference between country and city girl  (Read 9335 times)

Offline loska

• Trips: None Yet
difference between country and city girl
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:49:46 AM »
i lived in Europe for 40 years. in almost all countries mentality is bit different in country area from cities. Polish author , cant remember his name , wrote great about villagers , i think book is called Pheasants. what is opinion of the members about Ukraine ??

Offline loska

Re: difference between country and city girl
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:12:21 AM »
sorry peasants

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:36:45 AM »
Opinion about what about Ukraine?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline loska

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:11:10 AM »
difference between country and city girls. well, i lived in Europe 42 years ago, no internet and life was different. but many cultural things cant disappear or take roots in short period of time. take just new Chinese  millionaires. not long ago their biggest asset was Mao style uniform.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 01:38:03 PM »
I have met enough women, primarily from Ukraine. Some lived in regional cities others in cities called Kivy, Odessa and Kharkov. Some lived in villages with out power or internet. But they remain women; 100 years ago and 42 years ago and yesterday.

The only question you need to answer what do you offer to a woman, whether next door or an odd 1000 + + miles away.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 02:50:50 AM »
They don't wear high heels as often in the country ...My ideal  ? A city girl that appreciates the benefits of country life
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline loska

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 06:33:13 AM »
of course they stay women. but i was asking about difference between country and city. difference that existed in Europe for centuries, and i believe still exists. i gave bit cynical "example" of economic change in China. Ukraine is in last 30 years in big changes, economical and political. and of the top of it war. so big changes always make great impact on society and mentality.                                                                                                                                                                              next door or 15.000 kms, relationship ( any kind ) is always giving and taking.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 10:42:59 AM »
of course they stay women. but i was asking about difference between country and city. difference that existed in Europe for centuries, and i believe still exists. i gave bit cynical "example" of economic change in China. Ukraine is in last 30 years in big changes, economical and political. and of the top of it war. so big changes always make great impact on society and mentality.                                                                                                                                                                              next door or 15.000 kms, relationship ( any kind ) is always giving and taking.

I would suggest that the main difference between a country girl and a city girl is, the country girls will have sex with a man in the fields of high grass willingly, whereas the city girl will only do it in a hotel... :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »

I would suggest that the main difference between a country girl and a city girl is, the country girls will have sex with a man in the fields of high grass willingly, whereas the city girl will only do it in a hotel... :ROFL:

That only suggests your 'city gal' or you wasn't adventurous / lacked imagination  :chuckle:

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »
Education is not as good in the villages as in the city. Villagers are better at farm animals and growing vegetables. Entertainment is more simple. They might be more blunt and open in discussions. These are the only general things I can think of.

There are many things that others suggest which may or may not hold some truth. One such is that Ukrainian village women are more family orientated than Russian. Some say that village women are more eager to climb the ladder out. People are people and who knows what is or can be true.

I have asked the question of many a Russian and Ukrainian but in actual experience I have only known two village women. The first was a real fox of 17 years who had an aunt watching her like an eagle. The only sentence she knew in English was "I like boys". The second worked for me and her village boyfriend would come to work with her every day and sit near the sidelines until she finished work. Never interfered and was a nice guy. She was very nice and spoke good English.

If the question has anything to do with finding a wife, I would think that every man or woman comes from their own village of sorts and wishes to move up. Where that stops is anybodies guess. I wouldn't give the differences much thought. There are more important things to think about and each man and woman's character is an island.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
Ukrainian village women are more family orientated than Russian.

Americans, please go to Ukraine. You need a visa for Russia (and they don't like you there). Too much hassle. The Russians are no longer village types and not for you.  :coffeeread:

Some say that village women are more eager to climb the ladder out.

Some may call that desperation and translate into accepting old duffers from Idaho. Again, Americans, please go to Ukraine. You need a visa for Russia (and they don't like you there). Too much hassle.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 05:01:47 PM »

That only suggests your 'city gal' or you wasn't adventurous / lacked imagination  :chuckle:

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 02:31:22 AM »

Americans, please go to Ukraine. You need a visa for Russia (and they don't like you there). Too much hassle. The Russians are no longer village types and not for you.  :coffeeread:

'They'  ?  Only one of us has been to Russia recently, and the Americans I met there seemed happy enough ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »

'They'  ?  Only one of us has been to Russia recently, and the Americans I met there seemed happy enough ...

Because you mingle in English schools and among the "expat" community, which isnt the same.  (:)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 12:53:43 AM »
I would say most people who attend this forum or who sign up to FSU women sites have no or little chance of catching a City girl for marriage. Not in the 21st Century

Maybe 10 years ago maybe even 5 years ago. But not now.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline loska

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2016, 12:17:30 PM »
thanks Steve, only you understood my question.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 12:43:31 PM »
thanks Steve, only you understood my question.

:thumbsup:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »

Because you mingle in English schools and among the "expat" community, which isnt the same.  (:)

I 'see' Americans aren't 'Americans' if they are 'expats'.. :chuckle:

If you actually stopped paying attention  attention to andrewfi's 'research' or talked to board members who've met me - in Sochi - you'd know I speak in 'Russian' with Russians - by choice...

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
Here's a great drone trip around modern Moscow ...

Do you really think a real city girl with a good job and there are plenty of them would be in a rush to pack her bags and marry some foreigner for a life behind the kitchen sink ? A "traditional wife" as many would say. I think not..

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 01:48:58 PM »

Do you really think a real city girl with a good job and there are plenty of them would be in a rush to pack her bags and marry some foreigner for a life behind the kitchen sink ? A "traditional wife" as many would say. I think not..

Steve,

Emancipation reached Russia many years back.... :biggrin:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »

Steve,

I know that, you just have to explain it to the Hillbillies that are searching a "Traditional wife" ..

By the way what is a "Traditional husband" ?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »

Steve,

I know that, you just have to explain it to the Hillbillies that are searching a "Traditional wife" ..

A man who keeps his weight on his elbows and knees.... :king:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »

Steve,

A man who keeps his weight on his elbows and knees.... :king:

:o :o :o :o :o Dirty bugger!!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 02:04:03 PM »

I 'see' Americans aren't 'Americans' if they are 'expats'.. :chuckle:

Expat Americans went native and came out of their bubble (though remaining in the expat one).

you'd know I speak in 'Russian' with Russians - by choice...

My wife once told me you made a decent effort but were about 20 years away from fluent. Maybe you took a more intensive course since then...........

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 02:10:13 PM »

Steve,

One who doesn't it 'doggy style'? Has the advantage of being the most demeaning to the woman AND you can watch telly at the same time.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Registration