The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: A new Swiss humanitarian convoy for the city of Donetsk  (Read 333 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
A new Swiss humanitarian convoy for the city of Donetsk
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:44:27 AM »
On 22 May 2016, two humanitarian convoys Confederation carrying chemicals for treating water and medical supplies left for Ukraine in the conflict zone. Part of the convoy with medical equipment and medicine was awarded to the Kurakhove hospital this morning. The products have been transported by road but also, for the first time by rail .

Sunday morning, a train ferrying chemicals for water treatment left Switzerland to Donetsk, in eastern Ukraine. The cargo is for waterworks of Donbass, which supply the population with drinking water on both sides of the line of contact. Other goods, including medical supplies, including spare parts for X-ray machine, are transported by road to Donetsk on trucks.

A second convoy of fourteen trucks, is designed to transport some 245 tons of chemicals to the waterworks of Donbass, in the city of Krasnoarmiynsk placed under government control. A load of medical equipment and medicines by truck was delivered this morning at the hospital Kurakhove.

Convoys benefit from the guidance and support of seven members of the Humanitarian Aid of the Confederation, which is part of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swiss Humanitarian Aid Unit (SHA) and as collaborators of the embassy and the Kiev cooperation Office.

This convoy is the fourth Swiss humanitarian convoy for this area of ​​conflict since the spring of 2015. The SDC is so far the only state actor to organize humanitarian convoys crossing the contact line in eastern Ukraine*.

Source

*Which is a fib. Russia has sent over 50 aid convoys there.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: A new Swiss humanitarian convoy for the city of Donetsk
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 11:05:04 AM »
Not a 'fib', carefully worded. The Russian aid convoys have not crossed the front line between the opposing forces. These convoys do cross the 'line of contact' between the two sides.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Manny

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »
Misleading though eh?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 01:12:34 PM »
Misleading though eh?

Absolutely, and not by accident, I am sure.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 01:17:12 PM »
Misleading though eh?

Probably because Russian alleged humanitarian aid actually had weapons in it.  :-X
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 01:24:12 PM »
Misleading though eh?

Probably because Russian alleged humanitarian aid actually had weapons in it.  :-X

Was never proven, plus the press got a huge good long look with pictures of all trucks without weapons.

You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Anteros

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »
Misleading though eh?

Was never proven, plus the press got a huge good long look with pictures of all trucks without weapons.

It was proved well enough.  After all the lies told about Crimea and now Eastern Ukraine, do you really think that sane politicians and decision makers in Europe will trust the Russians?  Putin shot himself in the foot and this is why he had to take lesser profit in the deal with China.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »
It was proved well enough.  After all the lies told about Crimea and now Eastern Ukraine, do you really think that sane politicians and decision makers in Europe will trust the Russians?  Putin shot himself in the foot and this is why he had to take lesser profit in the deal with China.
So then it should be easy for you to provide some links here to that proof.

So far, the Russian government is not involved in Eastern Ukraine. As the USA likes to say : Plausible deniability applies.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 01:59:05 PM »

So far, the Russian government is not involved in Eastern Ukraine. As the USA likes to say : Plausible deniability applies.

My links are never good enough for you, after all the social media dudes who proved that MH-17 was shot out of the sky by a Russian BUK brought from Kursk, Russia to Ukraine and then hurriedly taken back (missing a missile) you claim that was not good enough.  There's plenty of other proofs such as the Russian soldiers from the East who showed up in Ukraine.  Not going to waste my time with you.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:00:41 PM »

PS  The United Nations security council condemned the Russian theft of Crimea and most nations overwhelmingly agreed.  So much for "plausible deniability" when most of the World is with US and against Russian aggression.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »

PS  The United Nations security council condemned the Russian theft of Crimea and most nations overwhelmingly agreed.  So much for "plausible deniability" when most of the World is with US and against Russian aggression.
You mean most of the world is afraid of the Bully. The countries that weren't going to agree felt that pressure, and went with the program.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 02:28:20 PM »
Ant, how many states have seats on the UNSC?
I am keen to know because I didn't think that a majority of states had seats but rather a very small minority. So,  please help me to understand. Thanks.

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
Ant once again fouling up a thread with anti-russian crap.

Offline Manny

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »

Yes, I think Ant needs his own topic too.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

Yes, I think Ant needs his own topic too.

Isn't his thread about all his lies enough?
After all it is hard to imagine that even the Ant really thinks what he writes here is true.