The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Booking Flights something I have noticed  (Read 314 times)

Online Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
Booking Flights something I have noticed
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:29:31 AM »
I have noticed the low cost of booking one-way tickets verses round trip.

$900 for a one-way is not an exceptional deal as on last November it cost me $557 for a one-way ticket. But this $900 fare could be booked for Monday just 2 days from now. There isn't a need to book a month or two in advance.

$439 is for 2 weeks from Monday and that is quite a deal in my opinion. Together the total cost would be, $1,338.90

Now booking a round trip ticket from Minneapolis to Tbilisi for 2 days from now I get this.

OK so a $114 saving is not such a big deal but this cheapest flight is 53 hours 35 minutes long more than twice as long as next cheapest RT flight. It has a 10 hour layover in Miami and a 20 hour layover in Doha Qatar on the flight to Tbilisi.

If I wanted to book a flight to Minneapolis on Monday two days from now it would cost only $557

Perhaps we should check with one-way flights verses booking RT?
I use Kayak. I've noticed Priceline is more expensive.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Booking Flights something I have noticed
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 05:45:07 AM »
If you think you will have regular travel too and from you might consider setting a few "fare watchers" to ping you when flights are cheaper (i.e. drop below a certain price point).  Works better if you can freely pick and choose when you want to fly, as opposed to "must go on x date for wedding" or whatever. 

Just a thought.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.